• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Raheem Sterling penalty decision tonight

#641 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:36 PM

S+D you have some staying power when flogging that dead horse. But it’s dead. Whipping it when lying on the floor is fair enough. Whipping it when every strike of the leather just reveals maggots ridden flesh.......
A new hope.

#642 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:41 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 03 December 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

3 goals and one assist in the last 12 PL fixtures, playing up front for City is really poor

Zaha is still on 2 goals and 1 assist for the whole season in a team currently sitting 5th in the league....

#643 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:10 AM

Big feature in the paper about just how bad Sterlers is

Nightmare run, no home goals in 3 months, blanked in last seven, hardly an assist all season, City fans had enough and want him dropped, keeps missing sitters

Pep keeping faith for now, apparently he defended brilliantly against Man Utd in the cup😂😂
JRID

#644 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:25 AM

Cream rises to the top don’t worry. Sterlers be back soon firing on all cylinders and winning Euro 2020 for us

#645 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:34 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 02 February 2020 - 08:10 AM, said:

Nightmare run, no home goals in 3 months, blanked in last seven, hardly an assist all season, City fans had enough and want him dropped, keeps missing sitters

Pep keeping faith for now, apparently he defended brilliantly against Man Utd in the cup😂😂

These last 12 league games you harping in about, how many has he actually started?

#646 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:42 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 02 February 2020 - 08:10 AM, said:

City fans want him dropped- ha ha like that is true

#647 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2020 - 11:25 AM

Top commitment S&D 👏

#648 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:10 PM

[quote name='Stockholm Spireite' timestamp='1573754601' post='1494398']

"I mentioned Raheem in being a spokesman against racism, something I heard first-hand from an FA employee that certain people in the corridors of power don't like. Those certain people believe the FA should be the ones making statements, not the players."

The FA and world football in general want it both ways...when theres a tournament to market its 'oh football heals division", when there's evidence of it providing a safe rallying point for racists its 'oh, football and politics cant mix, this is society's problem."

Sterling is thier worst nightmare, a brilliant, popular articulate player with a conscience, who doest live within his headphones and doesnt restrict his comments to banalities.

What kind of person couldnt enjoy Sterlers? Beats me.

#649 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:13 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 14 November 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

At the time I posted, the only information out there was "an internal incident" - no mention of assault had been made, so well done if you think you were bringing me up to speed. Thing is, after a while, you can't edit your posts on here and work got in the way of updating it.

I mentioned Raheem in being a spokesman against racism, something I heard first-hand from an FA employee that certain people in the corridors of power don't like. Those certain people believe the FA should be the ones making statements, not the players.

My suggestion was that the FA might have dropped the hammer on Raheem, or influenced Southgate in taking this course of action.

What I find strange is that a small altercation in a controlled, private environment caused the FA to jump in and feel the need to make a statement.
Roy Keane recently told a story of when he had a bad game for Forest and afterwards, Cloughie punched him. He didn't go to the papers and neither did the club. Cloughie didn't get fined or serve a touchline ban, and yet a punch will cause more damage than trying to grab someone's throat for a few seconds. See the difference between people controlling an internal issue?

As for Gomez' not being punished, do you think he was just standing/sitting there and was the victim of an unprovoked attack? Do me a favour...

I have not suggested Raheem is the victim of a racist plot. I can't tell if you saw the word racism in my post and became blinded by rage or if you just can't read properly. What's beyond ridiculous is that you think, I think that.

The FA and world football in general want it both ways...when theres a tournament to market its 'oh football heals division", when there's evidence of it providing a safe rallying point for racists its 'oh, football and politics cant mix, this is society's problem."

Sterling is thier worst nightmare, a brilliant, popular articulate player with a conscience, who doest live within his headphones and doesnt restrict his comments to banalities.

What kind of person couldnt enjoy Sterlers? Beats me.

edit: apologies for doubling up. dunno what happened there.

This post has been edited by bifocart: 02 February 2020 - 01:15 PM

#650 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:14 PM

Subbed off, just a yellow card for diving today
JRID

#651 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 02 February 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

Subbed off, just a yellow card for diving today

Yellow was for a poorly timed challenge on dele alli.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#652 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:50 PM

Oh yeah, avoided the red card for the dive somehow
JRID

#653 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:06 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 02 February 2020 - 06:44 PM, said:

Yellow was for a poorly timed challenge on dele alli.

Its a measure of Sterlers' stature and influence that things like this - which all players are guilty of at some point - attract so much attention.

The worst thing about this part of his game is that it will be used as justification for the usual attacks from people who dislike him because of what he represents to them.

#654 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:29 PM

It really annoys me when people are accused of diving when they go down under a challenge and get up and carry on with the game. You even hear so-called 'experts' saying things like "If the ref doesn't give a penalty he should book him for diving ". What a stupid comment; of course somebody can be brought down by a fair but hard tackle that gets the ball. In that case, as with the Sterling one, it's neither a foul tackle nor a dive, which is why Sterling didn't appeal for anything, but just got to his feet and carried on. I'm pretty sure I heard Jamie O'Hara come out with that ridiculous comment on Talk Sport recently.

#655 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:51 PM

View Postsophocles, on 04 February 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

It really annoys me when people are accused of diving when they go down under a challenge and get up and carry on with the game. You even hear so-called 'experts' saying things like "If the ref doesn't give a penalty he should book him for diving ". What a stupid comment; of course somebody can be brought down by a fair but hard tackle that gets the ball. In that case, as with the Sterling one, it's neither a foul tackle nor a dive, which is why Sterling didn't appeal for anything, but just got to his feet and carried on. I'm pretty sure I heard Jamie O'Hara come out with that ridiculous comment on Talk Sport recently.

Agreed with this and most these pundits have actually played the game at a high standard.

On Sterling's case, he was moving at pace got clipped, went down and referee would have been within his rights to give another penalty. I think he though better off it and so did the guy officiating VAR after the farce of the original decision.

On a related issue can someone explain to me why encroachment at a penalty is a VAR issue, but a goalkeeper coming off his is not. Both cases is an attempt to seek advantage and both is an encroachement.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#656 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:58 PM

View Postazul, on 05 February 2020 - 12:51 PM, said:

Agreed with this and most these pundits have actually played the game at a high standard.

On Sterling's case, he was moving at pace got clipped, went down and referee would have been within his rights to give another penalty. I think he though better off it and so did the guy officiating VAR after the farce of the original decision.

On a related issue can someone explain to me why encroachment at a penalty is a VAR issue, but a goalkeeper coming off his is not. Both cases is an attempt to seek advantage and both is an encroachement.

Ive seen penalties have to be retaken after being saved but VAR confirmed the keeper was completeley off his line at the point of the take.

Remember, the keeper now only has to have contact with his line with one foot, rather than both now and if the goal is scored or missed (other than the keeper saving it) its irrelevant in just the same way as the encroachment is only deemed to be cause for retake if the player(s) guilty are then seen to have affected the outcome.

#657 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:27 PM

Sancho has 17G & 17A in 27 Bundesliga apps this season

He only turned 20 two months ago
JRID

#658 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:39 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 01 June 2020 - 05:27 PM, said:

rubbish that sterling, hes not scored in ages.

#659 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:08 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 01 June 2020 - 05:27 PM, said:

Sancho is a great example of how you don’t need to play in England to do well. He’s had poor games by all accounts for Dortmund and the German press have let him get on with it, the English media would have panned him if he’s turned out bad performances for United etc

#660 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 17 June 2020 - 08:03 PM

Boom

Share this topic:

• (40 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic