Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Everybody Back For A Corner.... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Everybody Back For A Corner....

#1 User is offline   meowdmucker 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

....makes no sense to me. We even did it at 3-1 down when they had three players outside the box. Clearly playing to 'tactics' but goodness knows what they are as we concede far too easily from corners anyway.
SEB cannot defend, it appears he cannot jump very high and if we did have a breakaway from the opponents corner he is not mobile enough to keep up with play.
The times you see Tommy catch the ball from a corner and then sprint to the edge of his area looking to release us on a breakaway only to find a few players ambling out of the area is almost laughable.
I could find much worse thing wrong at the moment but non that wind me up as much as this totally negative, and seemingly, set in stone ritual.

#2 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:31 PM

meowdmucker, on 11 October 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

....makes no sense to me. We even did it at 3-1 down when they had three players outside the box. Clearly playing to 'tactics' but goodness knows what they are as we concede far too easily from corners anyway.
SEB cannot defend, it appears he cannot jump very high and if we did have a breakaway from the opponents corner he is not mobile enough to keep up with play.
The times you see Tommy catch the ball from a corner and then sprint to the edge of his area looking to release us on a breakaway only to find a few players ambling out of the area is almost laughable.
I could find much worse thing wrong at the moment but non that wind me up as much as this totally negative, and seemingly, set in stone ritual.

It's hard to jump if your a.r.$e weighs more than the rest of you put together....

This post has been edited by jonnythespireite: 11 October 2015 - 01:31 PM

YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#3 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

conceding with every man back from a corner is pathetic. Really angered me that did.

#4 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:12 PM

I've asked Pete farries to ask him about it in his next interview, (maybe Tom will?). Pete said he doesn't like the tactic but it's 1 cook used?

Surely we could work on having Gardener and/or boly outside the box to practice clearances to, to form counter attacks.
Here we go again!

#6 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:44 PM

When I used to manage, I left four up front (across the halfway line) and one inbetween the halfway line and penalty area; the opposition had no option but to leave five back and one marking the man in the middle; the rest man-marked (with a spare).....keeper had room to sprint out and catch it; rarely ever conceded from a corner and had the ability to break at speed. If you think about it, that left only three opposition players (man-marked) in our penalty area. Used to confuse the hell out of the opposition.....some teams ran the risk, most didn't .

#7 User is online   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:46 PM

We conceded with every man back, and they had two on the half way line. Absolutely awful. Pathetic manager.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#8 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:48 PM

Misnomer, on 11 October 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

When I used to manage, I left four up front (across the halfway line) and one inbetween the halfway line and penalty area; the opposition had no option but to leave five back and one marking the man in the middle; the rest man-marked (with a spare).....keeper had room to sprint out and catch it; rarely ever conceded from a corner and had the ability to break at speed. If you think about it, that left only three opposition players (man-marked) in our penalty area. Used to confuse the hell out of the opposition.....some teams ran the risk, most didn't .

But we couldn't cope with just two of their men in our box for the second (not a corner I know). And the room their guy got for the first was like having only one defender back for their free kick in any event.

#9 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:27 PM

This is a really big bug bare for me,I hate to see all 11 men back when we defend corners.Cooky did the same until I gave him a rollicking over it on a wet nightin Exeter before the game. He changed his tactics and wethumped 4 past Buryandgavemeamention on the radio.lol.
lindave

#10 User is online   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:49 AM

No offence dave but:

1) I doubt you lead to Cook changing his tactics, we still did it last season
2) leaving a man up when defending a corner didn't lead to beating bury 4-0
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#11 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:28 AM

Good idea to leave 2 with a bit of pace up, if they are not useful at defending. Maybe Gardner and Simmons?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users