If someone could post updates that would be great

Updates on th D T thread.

#23 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:44 PM

Despite the dishonourable way the club has been run, I’m going to (through gritted teeth) thank Allen and Carson for the honourable way the sale has been conducted.

#24 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:50 PM

Was it ever said who the other offer to buy the club cane from, that DA turned down ?

#25 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:01 PM

Smurf?

#26 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:06 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 February 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

Despite the dishonourable way the club has been run, I’m going to (through gritted teeth) thank Allen and Carson for the honourable way the sale has been conducted.

It was a very "quiet" meeting with most parties interested in the takeover. Alan Goodwin should have been there tonight for a Q and A but due to personal commitments couldn't make it, which negated a lot of the questions from the floor. There were a few points re the accounts from the floor, including one important point being that the new owners wont have any liabilities going forward from that abomination that was the Development Centre over the road, but due to the fact that the takeover seems virtually over the line these were answered after brief discussion at the top table and most people seems happy to leave the brickbats in their pockets.
A point from the floor from Geoff Mitchell regarding being torn between thanking DA for his continued financial support whilst bemoaning the bad decisions of the previous few years that had seen us become a non league club. Another point from the floor welcoming the resignations of the AD's and others involved with the current set up that moving forward, anybody who'd been associated with the demise of the club over recent years should move as far away from the new owners as possible.
We seemed to have dodged a bullet re the possible smurf takeover, if that was the one being alluded to, because that would have involved share dilution, putting the ground/banqueting etc into a seperate company and god knows what else moving forward. Also when AC kept mentioning DA it was asked why he no longer attended the AGMs to answer questions in person, it was said maybe he wasn't the best person to answer questions in that environment, which was met with a few sniggers, whereas it was mentioned that it was an laughing matter.
All in all it seems that folk have had their fill of the current lot and just want to move forward with new owners who want the best for the club.
East stand second class citizen.

#27 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:07 PM

Think Smurf denied it, said he couldn't cos of involve ment with P Vale. Unless he was lying.

#28 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:10 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 February 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

It was a very "quiet" meeting with most parties interested in the takeover. Alan Goodwin should have been there tonight for a Q and A but due to personal commitments couldn't make it, which negated a lot of the questions from the floor. There were a few points re the accounts from the floor, including one important point being that the new owners wont have any liabilities going forward from that abomination that was the Development Centre over the road, but due to the fact that the takeover seems virtually over the line these were answered after brief discussion at the top table and most people seems happy to leave the brickbats in their pockets.
A point from the floor from Geoff Mitchell regarding being torn between thanking DA for his continued financial support whilst bemoaning the bad decisions of the previous few years that had seen us become a non league club. Another point from the floor welcoming the resignations of the AD's and others involved with the current set up that moving forward, anybody who'd been associated with the demise of the club over recent years should move as far away from the new owners as possible.
We seemed to have dodged a bullet re the possible smurf takeover, if that was the one being alluded to, because that would have involved share dilution, putting the ground/banqueting etc into a seperate company and god knows what else moving forward. Also when AC kept mentioning DA it was asked why he no longer attended the AGMs to answer questions in person, it was said maybe he wasn't the best person to answer questions in that environment, which was met with a few sniggers, whereas it was mentioned that it was an laughing matter.
All in all it seems that folk have had their fill of the current lot and just want to move forward with new owners who want the best for the club.

Thanks for that Mr M, incidentally is Mike not Alan Goodwin from the Trust, lets hope it won't be long before he's available to answer questions

#29 User is offline   erniemossity 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Beer, town, decent boozers

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:44 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 February 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

In no way am I condoning the way Carson has run the club, but I did get a slight impression last night that he found/still finds working with DA very difficult. Maybe I’m reading between the lines but a couple of anecdotes he told led me to think that it’s not just the fans that find DA a stubborn, awkward sod, but Carson also finds him a problem.
Sounds like although DA has amassed a small fortune, his business acumen leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. The Trust must see that too.

#30 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:41 AM

View Posterniemossity, on 25 February 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

In no way am I condoning the way Carson has run the club, but I did get a slight impression last night that he found/still finds working with DA very difficult. Maybe I’m reading between the lines but a couple of anecdotes he told led me to think that it’s not just the fans that find DA a stubborn, awkward sod, but Carson also finds him a problem.

Which makes the fact he continues to work for him, for free, even more incredulous!

#31 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:33 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 25 February 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

Which makes the fact he continues to work for him, for free, even more incredulous!

I'm wondering if Carson'll be found a post Town place at one of Allen's other businesses.

I mean, if he's happy to forgive and forget a fifteen million pound smack in the mouth alongside a plethora of damaging headlines, he must really think something of him...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#32 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:17 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 25 February 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

I'm wondering if Carson'll be found a post Town place at one of Allen's other businesses.

I mean, if he's happy to forgive and forget a fifteen million pound smack in the mouth alongside a plethora of damaging headlines, he must really think something of him...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Carson reappears in the future as part of a consortium at another club. He's learned a lot in 10 years. Allen, on't other hand, won't.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#33 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:19 PM

From memory and my observations. Please feel free to add/amend:

1) The number of shareholders in attendance last night was the lowest number that I can recall for a CFC AGM.

2) John Pemberton was absent.

3) Lesley Brentnall was absent and sent her apologies.

4) Shareholders voted in favour of reappointing Shorts as the auditor for 2019/20 on the understanding that Howard Freeman has offered to resign should the Trust wish to appoint a new auditor upon completion of the purchase.

5) Out of the total wage bill of £3.3M for y/e 30/06/19, £204K was allocated to severance payments and a further £86K allocated to bonus payments.

6) Ashley Carson suggested that the loss for the current financial year will be less than the £1.845M loss reported for y/e 30/06/19. Personally, I struggle to believe this.

7) Howard Freeman, the auditor confirmed that there had been a full and final settlement in relation to the £144K claim issued against the club by Booth & Co, the liquidator for CFC Football Development School Ltd. The auditor was unable to confirm the settlement figure due to a non-disclosure agreement. In reality, the liquidator is duty-bound to creditors to disclose all receipts. I am no expert in body language and considering the top table had an easy night, Ashley did not appear at ease with this particular subject.

8) All the directors & associate directors will resign prior to the takeover. I got the impression that Ashley Carson might be involved in a hand-over period, but the Trust might have other ideas.

9) Dave Allen will be writing off about £12M in loans and a further £4M that he paid for his shares.

10) From the sale price that is paid to Dave Allen, it will be his responsibility to repay debentures relating to AC, MW and the other ex directors.

11) Post takeover, Mike Warner will still have a nominal shareholding in the club.

12) Mike Goodwin was due to attend the AGM, make a presentation and take some questions. Due to issues beyond everyone's control, MG was unable to attend.

13) Ashley Carson confirmed that both parties were working to a mid March completion date (I think this is highly unlikely). He did quote a specific date, but I am unable to recall it.

14) A number of questions were asked about the takeover but no one from the top table were really in a position to answer them.

15) The Trust intend on hosting a Q&A evening for shareholders/supporters.

16) Michael Tattersall (CEO of National League) has met with representatives of the Trust, but the National League are still yet to approve their model and business plan.

17) John Croot was asked to explain why the Trust have not made sufficient inroads into the debt that is owed to the club.

18) A handful of shareholders showed their appreciation to Ashley Carson and in turn DA, for taking their hit (financially). From a personal point of view, I really wonder what planet some people are on.

19) Ashley Carson confirmed that he wanted the club to be sold to a fans' group or the Trust.

20) I certainly recall Mike Warner's speech getting a round of applause from some too.

What I witnessed last night was a tired group of shareholders and a tired board of directors who cannot wait to see the back of one another.

No round of applause from me, just good f--king riddance.

This post has been edited by Blue5: 25 February 2020 - 09:30 PM

#34 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:30 PM

View PostBlue5, on 25 February 2020 - 09:19 PM, said:

1) The number of shareholders in attendance last night was the lowest number that I can recall for a CFC AGM.

4) Shareholders voted in favour of reappointing Shorts as the auditor for 2019/20 on the understanding that Howard Freeman has offered to resign should the Trust wish to appoint a new auditor upon completion of the purchase.

5) Out of the total wage bill of £3.3M for y/e 30/06/19, £204K was allocated to severance payments and a further £86K allocated to bonus payments.

6) Ashley Carson suggested that the loss for the current financial year will be less than the £1.845M loss reported for y/e 30/06/19. Personally, I struggle to believe this.

7) Howard Freeman, the auditor confirmed that there had been a full and final settlement in relation to the £144K claim issued against the club by Booth & Co, the liquidator for CFC Football Development School Ltd. The auditor was unable to confirm the settlement figure due to a non-disclosure agreement. In reality, the liquidator is duty-bound to creditors to disclose all receipts. I am no expert in body language and considering the top table had an easy night, Ashley did not appear at ease with this particular subject.

8) All the directors & associate directors will resign prior to the takeover. I got the impression that Ashley Carson might be involved in a hand-over period, but the Trust might have other ideas.

9) Dave Allen will be writing off about £12M in loans and a further £4M that he paid for his shares.

10) From the sale price that is paid to Dave Allen, it will be his responsibility to repay debentures relating to AC, MW and the other ex directors.

11) Post takeover, Mike Warner will still have a nominal shareholding in the club.

12) Mike Goodwin was due to attend the AGM, make a presentation and take some questions. Due to issues beyond everyone's control, MG was unable to attend.

13) Ashley Carson confirmed that both parties were working to a mid March completion date (I think this is highly unlikely). He did quote a specific date, but I am unable to recall it.

14) A number of questions were asked about the takeover but no one from the top table were really in a position to answer them.

16) Michael Tattersall (CEO of National League) has met with representatives of the Trust, but the National League are still to yet to approve their model and business plan.

17) John Croot was asked to explain why the Trust have not made sufficient inroads into the debt that is owed to the club.

18) A handful of shareholders showed their appreciation to Ashley Carson and in turn DA, for taking their hit (financially). From a personal point of view, I really wonder what planet some people are on.

19) Ashley Carson confirmed that he wanted the club to be sold to a fans' group or the Trust.

20) I certainly recall Mike Warner's speech getting a round of applause from some too.

What I witnessed last night was a tired group of shareholders and a tired board of directors who cannot wait to see the back of one another.

I think the 20th March was the date mentioned. Yes agree some people would have bowed down in blessing had DA been there last night.
East stand second class citizen.

#35 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:31 PM

16) Michael Tattersall (CEO of National League) has met with representatives of the Trust, but the National League are still yet to approve their model and business plan.

Great summary.

No13 20th March going by the DT report

#36 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:33 PM

Luvly, and far better than any official minutes that might surface next year.

On item 7, Howard also confirmed that he had seen all correspondence and that nothing therein would present any legacy problems for the new Board.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#37 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:37 PM

It is a good summary

Number 16 - any specific reason as to why you believe the 20th is optimistic?
Number 17 - what was Croot’s explanation?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#38 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:39 PM

View Postdim view, on 25 February 2020 - 09:33 PM, said:

Luvly, and far better than any official minutes that might surface next year.

On item 7, Howard also confirmed that he had seen all correspondence and that nothing therein would present any legacy problems for the new Board.

Confirmed.

#39 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:46 PM

View Postazul, on 25 February 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

It is a good summary

Number 16 - any specific reason as to why you believe the 20th is optimistic?
Number 17 - what was Croot’s explanation?

16. Due to the nature of those funding the Trust's offer.

17. An agreement between the Trust and the Club, which allowed them a bit of breathing space while the East St was being fitted out. In reality, it is my opinion that the Trust are not in a position to pay the market rate when it comes to commercial rent. Their viability appears to be based on the club giving them an easy time when it comes to rent.

#40 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:50 PM

Well you get a round of applause from me for this post.

And I couldn't agree more with your 'What planet are some of our fans on?' and 'Good riddance' to what's probably the worst board in our history.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users