• You cannot reply to this topic

Solihull Match Day Thread

#261 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 December 2023 - 12:26 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 27 December 2023 - 01:37 PM, said:

Without smashing the panic button, we’ve now lost twice away at sides that have come at us from the off, Southend and Solihull. I imagine Barnet, Bromley and Oldham will do the same. We seem to struggle against sides that play this way, so we either change the tactics away or sort the defence out. Like someone said earlier, Bromley have an easy run of fixtures and ours on paper are quite tough, we need to be making sure we get back on track and not go on a daft winless run.

‘Come at us from the off’??? Did you watch the game? We were in complete control until we gifted them the first goal. I don’t think they’d really been in our half.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#262 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2023 - 12:27 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 28 December 2023 - 12:16 PM, said:

Wrexham have had 3 per Transfermarkt.
They show Barnet top the NL for penalties given - 4. The site shows we have been awarded only one- scored by Grigg. Must say, I have something in the back of my mind that says we missed one, but I
can’t find any reference to such.

Grigg at Borehamwood,probably decided that Ashmore would struggle if he went high but was somewhat awry by a few feet.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#263 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 28 December 2023 - 12:35 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 27 December 2023 - 01:37 PM, said:

Without smashing the panic button, we’ve now lost twice away at sides that have come at us from the off, Southend and Solihull. I imagine Barnet, Bromley and Oldham will do the same. We seem to struggle against sides that play this way, so we either change the tactics away or sort the defence out. Like someone said earlier, Bromley have an easy run of fixtures and ours on paper are quite tough, we need to be making sure we get back on track and not go on a daft winless run.

You're smashing the panic button.

We've lost three matches, all away and we took the lead in two of them.
Southend deserved to beat us, you could arguably add that Altrincham got what they deserved but Solihull got extremely lucky.
I get disappointed when we lose and I'm well aware of the fact that I'm going to be disappointed a couple more times before we win the championship but for godasake man just put the panic button in a drawer and forget about it will you.
You're assuming that Bromley are going to win every match from now until the end of the season and yet with our squad you're assuming that we can go on a winless run of mass proportions to throw the lead away. It's pure over the top reaction to a loss that is going to happen from time to time.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#264 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 December 2023 - 01:03 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 28 December 2023 - 12:35 PM, said:

Southend deserved to beat us, you could arguably add that Altrincham got what they deserved but Solihull got extremely lucky.
I get disappointed when we lose and I'm well aware of the fact that I'm going to be disappointed a couple more times before we win the championship but for godasake man just put the panic button in a drawer and forget about it will you.
You're assuming that Bromley are going to win every match from now until the end of the season and yet with our squad you're assuming that we can go on a winless run of mass proportions to throw the lead away. It's pure over the top reaction to a loss that is going to happen from time to time.

Anyone overly concerned with Barnet or Bromley’s form wants to take a look at their highlights from their Boxing Day games. Barnet’s first goal came from a heavy defender deflection, Southend had efforts cleared off the line, had a goal disallowed for a debatable offside decision, and the then the Southend keeper decided to clatter Kabamba when the latter’s header was going wide, so a Barnet penalty.

Bromley gave an unconvincing display to win 3-2.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a reversal of fortunes for both Southend and Fleet at the weekend.

#265 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 December 2023 - 02:06 PM

Double hit

This post has been edited by 60s 70s Spireite: 28 December 2023 - 02:09 PM

#266 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2023 - 04:10 PM

Nah, leave him alone to press the panic button. We usually win shortly after he does.

#267 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 28 December 2023 - 04:42 PM

Both Aldershot and ourselves dropped points after our fixtures not unexpected we had a blip. Saying that we could have had 4 on the day at Solihull.
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users