• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Predictions For The Wembley Attendance

#21 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 09 May 2023 - 10:04 AM

View PostNEBlue, on 09 May 2023 - 09:56 AM, said:

I reckon 15,000 Spireites and 25,000 Pies

I think around that number as well.
East stand second class citizen.

#22 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 09 May 2023 - 10:09 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 09 May 2023 - 10:00 AM, said:

I doubt that, if they're making he effort to get to London that day it'd be to watch Forest at Chelsea, a win could almost seal their survival.

Yes, I forget the Premier League has to go on way longer than the other leagues.

#23 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 May 2023 - 10:11 AM

I can't see us taking more than 15K, many people have been priced out because of travel costs, £60 for a kid on a coach is a rip off, they are claiming the £125 coach parking is to blame, it really isn't. I went down to Bromley on the coach with my grandson and it cost £45 for us both. On a 53 seater coach they are bringing in over £3k. Its a rip off, end of.

No trains and it being televised, I reckon 12-15K town fans.

Edit:

I think County will take around 25k - 30K

This post has been edited by Quaker: 09 May 2023 - 10:12 AM

#24 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2023 - 10:29 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 09 May 2023 - 10:09 AM, said:

Yes, I forget the Premier League has to go on way longer than the other leagues.

If they win and other results go there way, they'll be a point from safety with 2 games left

Edit: Sorry, misread your reply.

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 09 May 2023 - 10:32 AM

#25 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2023 - 11:02 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 09 May 2023 - 10:09 AM, said:

Bit random!
Lol
You may not realise but most international players play in the Prem. The clubs also have European games to fit in and are invariably longer in the domestic cups.
I’m guessing that’s the reason……

#26 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 09 May 2023 - 11:37 AM

View PostQuaker, on 09 May 2023 - 10:11 AM, said:

I can't see us taking more than 15K, many people have been priced out because of travel costs, £60 for a kid on a coach is a rip off, they are claiming the £125 coach parking is to blame, it really isn't. I went down to Bromley on the coach with my grandson and it cost £45 for us both. On a 53 seater coach they are bringing in over £3k. Its a rip off, end of.

No trains and it being televised, I reckon 12-15K town fans.

Edit:

I think County will take around 25k - 30K

Tickets already available on level 2 for County fans. Surely the club can put some sort of statement out explaining? A community club asking for £59 per person is a rip off. I appreciate the price will have been driven by the coach company but surely we are the customer and it’s our position to bargain the best price. There is no explanation for County coaches costing £30 and ours nearly double.

#27 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2023 - 11:51 AM

With a few others about 15k us 25k Notts.

Whichever way you look at it , getting to and from Wembley is a pain, compounded by a train strike. Regardless of transport everything associated with the day the day out is expensive.

As a small club we have been a few times so Wembley is not a novelty, its not difficult to understand folk watching it on tv.

That said I am as excited as a kid on Christmas eve and cant wait to walk up Wembley way with a sea of Blue and white and a fair few Pies.

COYB

#28 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2023 - 12:24 PM

View PostLondonBlue, on 09 May 2023 - 11:37 AM, said:

Tickets already available on level 2 for County fans. Surely the club can put some sort of statement out explaining? A community club asking for £59 per person is a rip off. I appreciate the price will have been driven by the coach company but surely we are the customer and it’s our position to bargain the best price. There is no explanation for County coaches costing £30 and ours nearly double.

Put it into perspective, National Express is £52 best deal, you would have struggled on train to get a return for £59 at this short notice

#29 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 May 2023 - 12:27 PM

View PostLondonBlue, on 09 May 2023 - 11:37 AM, said:

Apparently its down to the fact our coaches are coming from manchester and York so require extra drivers, they are alos having spare coaches incase some breakdown.

This post has been edited by Quaker: 09 May 2023 - 12:27 PM

#30 User is online   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2023 - 12:57 PM

lindave

#31 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2023 - 01:16 PM

View PostQuaker, on 09 May 2023 - 12:27 PM, said:

Apparently its down to the fact our coaches are coming from manchester and York so require extra drivers, they are alos having spare coaches incase some breakdown.

Now why didn't the ever reliable 'Bagshaws Battlewagons' take the same precautions?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users