Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: What Will You Miss About Non League Football? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Will You Miss About Non League Football?

#61 User is offline   Pumpkin 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 27 March 2024 - 10:22 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 25 March 2024 - 09:54 AM, said:

I'll miss the local games - and really hoping MK dont go up as that will be my nearest game next season. Other than that, nowhere near as many for us southern exiles, especially if Forest Green and Sutton go down.

I'm sort of hoping Barnet win the playoffs...so I still have a local ish game...

#62 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 March 2024 - 12:46 PM

View PostPumpkin, on 27 March 2024 - 10:22 AM, said:

I'm sort of hoping Barnet win the playoffs...so I still have a local ish game...

Never sure if Borehamwood or Barnet is closer for me - Wealdstone possibly if they played in Wealdstone! Watford if they could just get themselves relegated a couple of times...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#63 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2024 - 03:44 PM

On BBC text updates- just seeing the minutes of goals, cards and substitutions,
Will be able to catch up on away matches via text reports.

This post has been edited by 60s 70s Spireite: 29 March 2024 - 04:04 PM

#64 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2024 - 06:04 PM

The 1960s vibes you get from being in this cesspit. You expect to see the old sponge and bucket being wheeled out by a geezer wearing a roll neck sweater and flat cap and rattles in the crowd. It's a real gentlemen's club and we ain't in the club.

#65 User is offline   SocraticCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2024 - 08:44 PM

What will I miss? Not a lot-
1) applauding the 24 away fans who have made the journey from Wealdstone for a night match.
2) Being twenty-odd points clear and winning a league by March.
3) The generally well-behaved and 'genuine' supporters found at these clubs. Not Oldham's lot etc.

Won't miss:
4) The dirty sods in some teams like the player who broke Kabby's leg.
5) The horrible night match about 5 years ago with less than two thousand fans in the ground shouting for our own centre-half to be sent off - a low point in my 45 years supporting the club.
6) Being stuffed at home by the likes of Dover. The excessively skewed "southern" nature of the league.

7) The general feeling of incredulity of us on the trajectory towards being down there - the long road, starting in 2016ish, of decline, mismanagement, poor leadership and negativity of the final death throws of a club dying on its feet.

This post has been edited by SocraticCFC: 29 March 2024 - 08:44 PM

#66 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 29 March 2024 - 09:02 PM

View PostSocraticCFC, on 29 March 2024 - 08:44 PM, said:

1) applauding the 24 away fans who have made the journey from Wealdstone for a night match.
3) The generally well-behaved and 'genuine' supporters found at these clubs. Not Oldham's lot etc.

Won't miss:
5) The horrible night match about 5 years ago with less than two thousand fans in the ground shouting for our own centre-half to be sent off - a low point in my 45 years supporting the club.
6) Being stuffed at home by the likes of Dover. The excessively skewed "southern" nature of the league.

7) The general feeling of incredulity of us on the trajectory towards being down there - the long road, starting in 2016ish, of decline, mismanagement, poor leadership and negativity of the final death throws of a club dying on its feet.

Hat off to your selection sir.👍

#67 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:51 AM

Won't miss:

Leagues been more northern in recent years, no one past london this season bar eastleigh

#68 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:09 AM

Won't miss:

The last three years have been generally positive with the obviously massive blip or two. Omitting the Covid year it was the previous five years that did my head in and three of those were while we had our league status.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#69 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 30 March 2024 - 11:30 AM

View PostHolmesc1, on 30 March 2024 - 09:51 AM, said:

Leagues been more northern in recent years, no one past london this season bar eastleigh

Still an 11 to 13 north/midlands to south bias this season, (I class Oxford City as south). It'll could be worse next season with the 2 being relegated from L2 coming from Grimsby, Sutton, Forest Green or Colchester with only Tamworth (effectively won title yesterday in same position as us, only Chorley can match their points total with a far inferior GD) and whoever wins the NLN playoffs coming up (be nice if it was Alfreton).
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#70 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 03:36 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 30 March 2024 - 11:30 AM, said:

Still an 11 to 13 north/midlands to south bias this season, (I class Oxford City as south). It'll could be worse next season with the 2 being relegated from L2 coming from Grimsby, Sutton, Forest Green or Colchester with only Tamworth (effectively won title yesterday in same position as us, only Chorley can match their points total with a far inferior GD) and whoever wins the NLN playoffs coming up (be nice if it was Alfreton).

I'm suprised there has not been more comment made of Grimsby's form of late on here.

#71 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 03:43 PM

View PostHaslandBlue58, on 30 March 2024 - 03:36 PM, said:

I'm suprised there has not been more comment made of Grimsby's form of late on here.

Forest Green look gone, and whilst Sutton are in good form, I can’t see them making up enough points to overtake Grimsby. It’s between Sutton and Colchester for the second relegation spot.

Like to see Salford go, but they are safe now sadly.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#72 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 04:03 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 30 March 2024 - 03:43 PM, said:

Forest Green look gone, and whilst Sutton are in good form, I can’t see them making up enough points to overtake Grimsby. It’s between Sutton and Colchester for the second relegation spot.

Like to see Salford go, but they are safe now sadly.

Shame that four out of five you mention can't get the drop,leave it to you to guess which four I'd like to see.(Any that don't begin with a C is the only clue I will give)

#73 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:12 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 23 March 2024 - 11:41 PM, said:

I’ll miss those big away followings taking over grounds …we won’t get that in League 2
Away days at the likes of Dorking…gorgeous place…loved first match of the season last year….York away with that massive away following last year aswell
I won’t miss the shithousery tactics of thug teams like Solihull, Bromley etc etc
It’s been 6 years of friggjng pain let’s be fair….lets hope Cookie takes us back to League 1 & next time, even closer to the Championship….with this hierarchy in charge everything is possible

Today has felt better than any other in the 40 years of supporting my beloved Chesterfield FC

I guess the pie chips and peas/gravy option.
God I hate this league.

#74 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2024 - 01:39 PM

View PostHaslandBlue58, on 30 March 2024 - 03:36 PM, said:

#75 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2024 - 01:41 PM

I hope Grimsby go down when they scored was it a pen can't remember I was in middle of that lot at side when one wrapped a chairon my head ,kept town blue on all time **** em

#76 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2024 - 02:45 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 31 March 2024 - 01:41 PM, said:

I hope Grimsby go down when they scored was it a pen can't remember I was in middle of that lot at side when one wrapped a chairon my head ,kept town blue on all time **** em

Wasn’t that their family stand fighting with each other? You’d just be collateral damage
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#77 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2024 - 04:14 PM

The only thing that I'll miss, assuming that Barnet aren't promoted, is St.Albans.

#78 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2024 - 04:37 PM

View Postazul, on 31 March 2024 - 02:45 PM, said:

Wasn’t that their family stand fighting with each other? You’d just be collateral damage

I wasn't taking my colours off,**** em

And that other Grimsby **** who vaulted the wall just missed kicking me in the chops

#79 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2024 - 04:41 PM

Will miss Dorking manager Marc Whites honesty, non political correctness and gung ho approach to football. Football needs more managers like that.
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#80 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2024 - 05:03 PM

View Postforevablue, on 31 March 2024 - 04:14 PM, said:

The only thing that I'll miss, assuming that Barnet aren't promoted, is St.Albans.

Very true, but would Newport Pagnell (if it happens) be a fair swap? St Albans for me.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users