• You cannot reply to this topic

Not Good Enough

#21 User is offline   DOUGLAS JARDINE 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 18 November 2023 - 06:22 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 18 November 2023 - 05:04 PM, said:

Tyrer, Horton, Oldhaker, Palmer changes will have to be made.

Just the biggest c u n t in Chesterfield

#22 User is offline   Alice Cooper 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Football Club,
    The Apollo moon landings,
    Military aircraft,
    Annoying my wife.

Posted 18 November 2023 - 06:28 PM

View PostDOUGLAS JARDINE, on 18 November 2023 - 06:22 PM, said:

Just the biggest c u n t in Chesterfield

Who can't even spell Oldaker.... zzzzzzzz
Until I'm 6 feet under baby I don't need a bed
Gonna live while I'm alive I'll sleep when I'm dead

#23 User is offline   PapiSauron 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2023 - 10:53 PM

View Postlindave, on 18 November 2023 - 06:18 PM, said:

Biggest mystery for me today was why we didn't bring on supersub Quigs instead of Berry.

From my viewpoint it looked as though we were struggling to create anything past the midfield point, so changing striker probably wouldn’t have had much effect as we weren’t getting anything to them.

Bringing on a winger was probably and attempt to carry the ball forward in a hope of creating a chance.

Didn’t work too well until near the end when berry put a good ball into the box and unfortunately Grigg couldn’t quite get on it properly and put it over.

#24 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2023 - 10:09 AM

We were in control of the game second half without creating anything then two errors cost us the game. That is football and it up to everyone to not panic and bounce back at Woking.

#25 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2023 - 12:05 PM

View PostPapiSauron, on 18 November 2023 - 10:53 PM, said:

From my viewpoint it looked as though we were struggling to create anything past the midfield point, so changing striker probably wouldn’t have had much effect as we weren’t getting anything to them.

Bringing on Quigley as a 2 up top alongside Grigg and going a bit long might have changed things totally though. Southend had done their homework and negated our usual style of play so to actually change that style of play could have upset their game plan. Grigg was being taken care of by their CBs and wasn't winning any headers.

At 2-1 down we introduced Jones, who ain't going to get you a goal, got booked yet again shortly after his introduction, and changed nothing whilst being part of the non-event of our disappointing lack of a come back. If anything, after going behind we were less of a threat than we were when we were leading and that took some doing.

I have absolutely no complaints about Cook ball but my question remains - if it isn't working during a game do you continue with more of the same or change it? We continued with more of the same and never looked like getting back into the game.

#26 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2023 - 12:29 PM

View Postdtp, on 19 November 2023 - 12:05 PM, said:

Bringing on Quigley as a 2 up top alongside Grigg and going a bit long might have changed things totally though. Southend had done their homework and negated our usual style of play so to actually change that style of play could have upset their game plan. Grigg was being taken care of by their CBs and wasn't winning any headers.

At 2-1 down we introduced Jones, who ain't going to get you a goal, got booked yet again shortly after his introduction, and changed nothing whilst being part of the non-event of our disappointing lack of a come back. If anything, after going behind we were less of a threat than we were when we were leading and that took some doing.

I have absolutely no complaints about Cook ball but my question remains - if it isn't working during a game do you continue with more of the same or change it? We continued with more of the same and never looked like getting back into the game.

I assume Jones came on because we weren't winning enough balls in midfield, or, more to the point, losing the ball to quick tackles.We look at our worst when the opposition hassle all the time. It didn't work, but Oldaker wasn't doing much good and Naylor was only having a normal match instead of outstanding, so you can see the point. Jones was probably on the bench for just that emergency, though he should have had a rest.
You won't be surprised to hear that I thought Berry should have been on with twenty minutes left. If nothing else he ensures that the opposition remain on the back foot, and his runs are just what's needed to rattle defences in their comfort zone. In the few minutes he was on he provided one superb cross that Grigg should have converted.
Probably the wrong subs, but hindsight's wonderful, and the thinking behind them was spot on. And a wake-up call to Oldaker, who's very inconsistent at the moment.

#27 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 19 November 2023 - 01:15 PM

Biggest mystery for me today was why we didn't bring on supersub Quigs instead of Berry.

My thoughts exactly Dave. It was crying out for a target man of which Griggs was struggling. Put Quigley on and it changes the whole Dynamics . Their defence was eating all the hopefull balls for breakfast. Berry was too light weight for that game.

#28 User is offline   Scooby Doo 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2023 - 01:27 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 18 November 2023 - 05:10 PM, said:

Hortons been superb this season mate as well you know, yes it was a stupid challenge for the penalty but that doesn’t make him not good enough. Palmer has been superb since his return to the side and yes it was a poor pass that started the move for their second but that doesn’t make him not good enough.
Tyrer made a poor mistake for their second but deflections can be tricky, but that doesn’t make him not good enough.
Oldaker is more of a squad player and did seem off it today, but that doesn’t make him not good enough. If Cook thinks changes need to be made he’ll make them.
I’d suggest 5 points clear with a game in hand mid November with 3 of the 4 you mention featuring regularly makes us good enough. I’m going to have a word with ya mum and dad next week!

Please do, ask them to put him to sleep. The stupid moron.

This post has been edited by Scooby Doo: 19 November 2023 - 01:34 PM

Onwards & Upwards!

#29 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 19 November 2023 - 04:21 PM

View Postsmiffy, on 19 November 2023 - 01:15 PM, said:

My thoughts exactly Dave. It was crying out for a target man of which Griggs was struggling. Put Quigley on and it changes the whole Dynamics . Their defence was eating all the hopefull balls for breakfast. Berry was too light weight for that game.

So he sent the towering Dobra on? Come on.

#30 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 19 November 2023 - 06:08 PM

0330 004 5717

Midfielder
God I hate this league.

#31 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 19 November 2023 - 07:16 PM

View PostPapiSauron, on 18 November 2023 - 10:53 PM, said:

Bringing on a winger was probably and attempt to carry the ball forward in a hope of creating a chance.

Didn’t work too well until near the end when berry put a good ball into the box and unfortunately Grigg couldn’t quite get on it properly and put it over.

They did us inmidfield, forcing us to play it to full backs and keep pressure on.

They were hard working, aggressive and tried to play forward quickly. You can see why the home record is what it is. Throw in a team spirit and siege mentality….. the manager has done an excellent job

Nowt wrong with Tyrer, Hortonsbeen pretty good so far this season.
A new hope.

#32 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 19 November 2023 - 11:26 PM

It’s been a great start, just 2 losses from 20 games, if we can be unbeaten in the next 7 that would match Rowes record at the point he left
JRID

#33 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2023 - 04:09 AM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 19 November 2023 - 11:26 PM, said:

It’s been a great start, just 2 losses from 20 games, if we can be unbeaten in the next 7 that would match Rowes record at the point he left

Good stat. Here’s another one…
We’re on the same number of points (47) as when JR left. Except, it took JR 23 games to achieve that tally. Only 19 for Cook.

#34 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2023 - 11:16 AM

View Postsmiffy, on 19 November 2023 - 01:15 PM, said:

It does seem odd to me that for periods in the last 2 games we’ve been punting long/high balls up to Grigg - If we’re going with that tactic I would’ve thought Quigley would’ve been your man.

If we want to mix up our play, maybe bringing in a target man to come on as another option? What’s Tom Denton doing these days? 😂
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#35 User is offline   PapiSauron 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2023 - 12:46 PM

View Postdtp, on 19 November 2023 - 12:05 PM, said:

Yeah I could see that working tbf. I agree that we should change tactic sometimes in game to yield a better result. There were points in the game Saturday 85 + mins where we were passing around the back and it was frustrating.

Maybe just hats off the Southend as they gave us no space.

I thought oldaker was the wrong choice, clearly it was going to be a hard fought, hard working and gritty game. Perfect for jones and terrible for oldaker as I see him of more of a luxury player. Great on his day but won’t do the work jones does. Hindsight and all that though.

Think overall we just need to hold our hands up and say they were better on day.

View PostPhil V 72, on 20 November 2023 - 11:16 AM, said:

It does seem odd to me that for periods in the last 2 games we’ve been punting long/high balls up to Grigg - If we’re going with that tactic I would’ve thought Quigley would’ve been your man.

If we want to mix up our play, maybe bringing in a target man to come on as another option? What’s Tom Denton doing these days? 😂

In fairness to Grigg he does a pretty decent job of dealing with the long ball, brings it down well and usually gets it to someone. I agree it’s not his game at all though.

This post has been edited by PapiSauron: 20 November 2023 - 03:17 PM

#36 User is offline   Nickycw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2023 - 02:26 PM

[quote name='PapiSauron' timestamp='1700484385' post='1785479']
Yeah I could see that working tbf. I agree that we should change tactic sometimes in game to yield a better result. There were points in the game Saturday 85 + mins where we were passing around the back and it was frustrating.

Maybe just hats off the Southend as they gave us no space.

I thought oldaker was the wrong choice, clearly it was going to be a hard thought, hard working and gritty game. Perfect for jones and terrible for oldaker as I see him of more of a luxury player. Great on his day but won’t do the work jones does. Hindsight and all that though.

Think overall we just need to hold our hands up and say they were better on day.

That’s what struck me the most. You’d think we were winning 2-1 with 10 to go, not chasing the game. Not sure if that was because we had no plan B, or such belief in plan A eventually working. Just don’t think Southend tired as much as we’ve seen other teams do

#37 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 November 2023 - 03:47 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 19 November 2023 - 11:26 PM, said:

You make it sound as if it was his choice to leave, he was sacked, lad.

#38 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 20 November 2023 - 03:53 PM

View PostQuaker, on 20 November 2023 - 03:47 PM, said:

You make it sound as if it was his choice to leave, he was sacked, lad.

And he's had such a great time since, both professionally and personally. How we miss him so.

#39 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 20 November 2023 - 04:01 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 November 2023 - 03:53 PM, said:

And he's had such a great time since, both professionally and personally. How we miss him so.

Isn’t his case due to be heard this December?
East stand second class citizen.

#40 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 November 2023 - 04:05 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 November 2023 - 03:53 PM, said:

He has just 14 days left before he faces a jury, that should be interesting. Although, it goes without saying S&D will still be in awe of him even if found guilty.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users