Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Fans Group/supporters Forum - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fans Group/supporters Forum not sure what to call it

#81 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 22 August 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

How many comps do we give out on a match day at home including to the away team an out own players etc ? Anyone know.

Rough guess?

#82 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 15 August 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

I remember travelling on the buses to away games during the late 80s & early 90s and those stewarding the buses received tickets on a fairly regular basis, the majority of the time they were distributed to the benefit of those on the bus.

Any available tickets should go to those people who are running True Blue Travel & Bridge Inn buses and then distributed accordingly, not to people who travel to away games knowing that there's a comp ticket waiting for them on a regular basis when they get to the ground.

It does make it a nice cheap day though if you only have to pay to get there for some of them

#83 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 22 August 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

Rough guess?

Cheers mate, I thought about that.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#84 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

The next supporters forum meeting is taking place tomorrow morning. If there are any issues that you would like to be raised, please feel free to post on here and myself + other members of the group will put them forward in the meeting
Twitter: Bodie0402

#85 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

Marcia,

I've addressed this to you because you'll know exactly where I'm coming from on this:

Just a general observation regarding the new media lad, Josh. He's absolutely miles ahead of his predecessor and if the Club are serious about building an infrastructure both on and off the pitch that might one day provide a platform for Championship football, then we should be looking to model the structure around staff that add considerable value to the business.

We've seen the contrast between exceptional & below average regarding this role before, let's not lose another good 'un.

#86 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 23 August 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Marcia,

I've addressed this to you because you'll know exactly where I'm coming from on this:

Just a general observation regarding the new media lad, Josh. He's absolutely miles ahead of his predecessor and if the Club are serious about building an infrastructure both on and off the pitch that might one day provide a platform for Championship football, then we should be looking to model the structure around staff that add considerable value to the business.

We've seen the contrast between exceptional & below average regarding this role before, let's not lose another good 'un.

I will pass this on for you not a problem and I fully agree with you, Josh is doing his best with the current tools he has to work with Posted Image

#87 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Please whoever bring the loyalty points up again. I'd like to know where they have gone.
Every need got an ego to feed

#88 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostScreamadelica, on 23 August 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Please whoever bring the loyalty points up again. I'd like to know where they have gone.

I think they have gone as it's now membership cards not loyalty cards, but I will mention it for ya Craig

#89 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

Did we ever get an answer about whether the new "membership cards" that replaced the old Loyalty Cards that i assume i cant use any more give any sort of preference in terms of getting tickets? I've been away so may have missed it if it has been answered. There was an insinuation that this was the case but it was never really confirmed.

#90 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostJonB, on 23 August 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Did we ever get an answer about whether the new "membership cards" that replaced the old Loyalty Cards that i assume i cant use any more give any sort of preference in terms of getting tickets? I've been away so may have missed it if it has been answered. There was an insinuation that this was the case but it was never really confirmed.

It has been confirmed that this is the case. (see Mansfield tickets) STH, MC, General sale

#91 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Cheers!!

#92 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Interesting meeting this morning, will put up full details tomorrow about it :)

#93 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 24 August 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Interesting meeting this morning, will put up full details tomorrow about it :)

I made some notes too which i will post tomorrow/Monday. All points asked through the board were put across during this meeting
Twitter: Bodie0402

#94 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

ok gonna try and bullet point main things from yesterday
  • we will probably never serve chips, would cost over £100k in each stand to install venting and equipment
  • problem with peas and gravy is the cost of the equipment and the extra time it takes to serve.
  • jacket potatoes are the same as peas, cost and time
  • we are looking at 'mobile hawkers' , at the moment the cost of the boxes is prohibitive, however if/when we have the next concert, we use them for that and will be provided with them for free for our own use, so looking at next season - will have bottled drinks, crisps, sweets and also hotdogs and burgers
  • Paul will keep an eye on sausage roll levels and possibly see about reducing one range to expand sausage rolls
  • Paul will get brown sauce back
  • possibly look at doing a 'starbucks like scheme' for drink purchases buy 9 get 10th free
  • loyalty points gone totally, system put in place but no one knew what was happening once certain people had left
  • away game picture galleries - apparently we have not got a photographer for away games (Tina's doing work for other outlets) so at the moment we are dependant on the home teams pictures, if and when then send them
  • DD and other payment schemes are being looked at for next season
  • True Blue travel is going to be trialling concession prices for under 16's and over 60's starting with the Oxford game
  • Turner was going to ask the stewards again about moving people that leave early to the actual corners and not in front of the stands
  • about people driving away early, stewards will be asked to keep an eye out, the club will also remind people via website/program and possibly notes on windows about not moving 20 minutes after whistle goes. Other thing is for people to help and take car parking space number and/or number plate and pass to the club, if persistent offender their pass will be taken away
  • the problem with pa announcements in the concourse may be the fact there are no speakers in there. This will be looked into.
  • there are no comp tickets anymore. the club has to pay for all away tickets so only buy what are needed
  • shop opening on a away game Saturday would cost the club a lot as they have to pay security to come in and open up and then the shop staff. However with the club having the car boot on a Sunday, security is already here and Turner will look into opening the shop on a Sunday for a few hours.
  • Late night opening, although the club appreciate that not every one can get to the club in opening times, when they were doing the late night opening they got an average of 3 extra people for tickets in the extra 2 hours they were open. This does not make it a viable option.
  • when asked for clarification, Chris Turner said we are at the top of the football league's salary cap and therefore cannot bring in any other players until someone goes out. The turnover is whole business not just football, and the 55% is just for footballers wages. Although our wage bill is still less than Rotherham's or Oxford's last year.
Think I've included everything that was said, apart from Freelander I did pass your observation onto Nick re Josh and he then turned to Chris and asked if he and Josh could have a 5 year contract each :D

#95 User is online   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 25 August 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

• we will probably never serve chips, would cost over £100k in each stand to install venting and equipment
  • problem with peas and gravy is the cost of the equipment and the extra time it takes to serve.
  • we are looking at 'mobile hawkers' , at the moment the cost of the boxes is prohibitive, however if/when we have the next concert, we use them for that and will be provided with them for free for our own use, so looking at next season - will have bottled drinks, crisps, sweets and also hotdogs and burgers
  • Paul will keep an eye on sausage roll levels and possibly see about reducing one range to expand sausage rolls
  • possibly look at doing a 'starbucks like scheme' for drink purchases buy 9 get 10th free
  • loyalty points gone totally, system put in place but no one knew what was happening once certain people had left
  • away game picture galleries - apparently we have not got a photographer for away games (Tina's doing work for other outlets) so at the moment we are dependant on the home teams pictures, if and when then send them
  • True Blue travel is going to be trialling concession prices for under 16's and over 60's starting with the Oxford game
  • Turner was going to ask the stewards again about moving people that leave early to the actual corners and not in front of the stands
  • about people driving away early, stewards will be asked to keep an eye out, the club will also remind people via website/program and possibly notes on windows about not moving 20 minutes after whistle goes. Other thing is for people to help and take car parking space number and/or number plate and pass to the club, if persistent offender their pass will be taken away
  • the problem with pa announcements in the concourse may be the fact there are no speakers in there. This will be looked into.
  • there are no comp tickets anymore. the club has to pay for all away tickets so only buy what are needed
  • shop opening on a away game Saturday would cost the club a lot as they have to pay security to come in and open up and then the shop staff. However with the club having the car boot on a Sunday, security is already here and Turner will look into opening the shop on a Sunday for a few hours.
  • Late night opening, although the club appreciate that not every one can get to the club in opening times, when they were doing the late night opening they got an average of 3 extra people for tickets in the extra 2 hours they were open. This does not make it a viable option.
  • when asked for clarification, Chris Turner said we are at the top of the football league's salary cap and therefore cannot bring in any other players until someone goes out. The turnover is whole business not just football, and the 55% is just for footballers wages. Although our wage bill is still less than Rotherham's or Oxford's last year.
Think I've included everything that was said, apart from Freelander I did pass your observation onto Nick re Josh and he then turned to Chris and asked if he and Josh could have a 5 year contract each :D

YEAH!!!! :D
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#96 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 25 August 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Excellent Marcia, thank you.

CT's confirmation regarding the salary cap will put a few noses out of joint on here, especially those with multiple usernames.

#97 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

Another senior member of staff, who does frequent away games confirmed to me yesterday that comp tickets are rarely available to staff, and they usually pay full price for away tickets (and happy to do so). It's the 'norm' for only players to be allocated a couple of tickets each, on request.

#98 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 25 August 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Excellent Marcia, thank you.

CT's confirmation regarding the salary cap will put a few noses out of joint on here, especially those with multiple usernames.

Forgot a couple of things
  • we are looking at a new scoreboard, as CT thinks our scoreboard is not a proper scoreboard. The one we're looking at is £85k, but not sure where it will be put, possibly between West and North stand
  • we applied for planning permission for solar panels when new stadium opened, but nothing ever happened. CT said we were offered them for free but the last chairman thought they would spoil the look of the stadium, then when we decided to look back at installing them, the price was prohibitive.

#99 User is offline   jack'smyboy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Thanks Marcia.

#100 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 14 August 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

will do

Well done Marcia, Chris Turner & Paul Cook (Just for Hector ;) )

http://www.thecfss.c...opic=46957&st=0

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users