Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Donal's Loan Deal - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Donal's Loan Deal Just to Clarify

#1 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:23 AM

Having read the question and tried to answer on multiple threads, i thought i'd start this to clarify.

The only way will will see Donal here after early November is if we sign him permanently in January (which is very unlikely given his status at Man City)

The maximum term any player can spend at another club in any one season is 3 months (93 days) when on a short term loan deal.

Long term loan deals can be arranged instead but one cannot be converted to another mid-term.

Short term loan deals can have a 24 hour recall clause inserted from the 2nd month onwards and long tem loan deals can have no recall clauses.

Also, someone posted an interview with Hughes last week which said he wanted to see what Donal could do at a higher level so I'd expect to see himpop up on loan after xmas at some League 1 club.

#2 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Oct 5 2009, 09:26 AM, said:

Having read the question and tried to answer on multiple threads, i thought i'd start this to clarify.

The only way will will see Donal here after early November is if we sign him permanently in January (which is very unlikely given his status at Man City)

The maximum term any player can spend at another club in any one season is 3 months (93 days) when on a short term loan deal.

Long term loan deals can be arranged instead but one cannot be converted to another mid-term.

Short term loan deals can have a 24 hour recall clause inserted from the 2nd month onwards and long tem loan deals can have no recall clauses.

Also, someone posted an interview with Hughes last week which said he wanted to see what Donal could do at a higher level so I'd expect to see himpop up on loan after xmas at some League 1 club.

cheers for that,can perkins loan be extended to 3 months then?
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#3 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:29 AM

View Postbonnyman, on Oct 5 2009, 09:29 AM, said:

cheers for that,can perkins loan be extended to 3 months then?

Yes, he is on a short term deal (or emergency as they call it?!!) so can play for 93 days for us (or 3 x 1 month deal) which don't have to run consecutive i don't think.

I'd suggest he'd here to get back in the shop window, if he's not happy "darn sarf" (sorry) then Col Utd will be looking to recoup some money for him come January.

Whether we are prepared/in a position to offer a sum for him remains to be seen though.

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 05 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

#4 User is offline   the original blue pill 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Oct 5 2009, 09:32 AM, said:

Yes, he is on a short term deal (or emergency as they call it?!!) so can play for 93 days for us (or 3 x 1 month deal) which don't have to run consecutive i don't think.

I'd suggest he'd here to get back in the shop window, if he's not happy "darn sarf" (sorry) then Col Utd will be looking to recoup some money for him come January.

Whether we are prepared/in a position to offer a sum for him remains to be seen though.

He has put in a written transfer request at Colchester,he would be available to sign in January full time.

4 HOURS OF SHEER HEAVEN,STIFF AS A BOARD BABY HA HA

#5 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

View Postthe original blue pill, on Oct 5 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

He has put in a written transfer request at Colchester,he would be available to sign in January full time.

Yeah but they paid six figures for him at the start of last season so are unlikely to let him go for nothing, i think he has a year and a half left on his current deal.

#6 User is offline   WarwickshireSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

Cant see Donal being here long term just yet as he is clearly highly thought of at Man City.

Be interesting to see how Pekins settles in and in what position he is primarily to be used CM or WLM with Lowery/Talbot back on the RM ?

Longer term if Perks cuts it with us then think we, or someone else for that matter, will have to pay a fee unless Colchester are willing to do him a massive favour to allow him a move back nearer home!
SUPER JACK LESTER!

#7 User is offline   the original blue pill 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:50 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Oct 5 2009, 09:43 AM, said:

Yeah but they paid six figures for him at the start of last season so are unlikely to let him go for nothing, i think he has a year and a half left on his current deal.

Oh know your right Sammy,they will want some money for him there is no doubt,if he prove's himself here it could be a good addition to our side.Will DA put up the cash for him,who knows,depend's on the player & the fee Colchester would want,i would say United would want at the very least 100k,would DA stump up that kind of cash,if he is serious about Championship football then i believe his wallet will open more than likely from next season.

4 HOURS OF SHEER HEAVEN,STIFF AS A BOARD BABY HA HA

#8 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:02 AM

I'd suggest we oprobably won't splash any cash in january and will use the loan market for any further movement (both in and out).

Whether we spend any cash close-season will depend largely if we go up or not.

With the current state of things, there is enough good payers out of contract every year to avoid paying transfers fees, the money saved would then be used in the wage budget to attract the higher calibre of player we need to push up the divisions.

The new stadium for next season onwards should have a bearing also.

#9 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

View PostWarwickshireSpireite, on Oct 5 2009, 09:48 AM, said:

Cant see Donal being here long term just yet as he is clearly highly thought of at Man City.

Be interesting to see how Pekins settles in and in what position he is primarily to be used CM or WLM with Lowery/Talbot back on the RM ?

Longer term if Perks cuts it with us then think we, or someone else for that matter, will have to pay a fee unless Colchester are willing to do him a massive favour to allow him a move back nearer home!

We could do a bog off deal :wacko:
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users