Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Last night of the Saltergate era - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last night of the Saltergate era

#1 User is offline   hopesprings 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

Don't know about any other Spireite die-hards out there but some of the best times I've had at Saltergate have been at night matches. The Kop generally in good voice, the atmosphere buzzing and more often than not the opposition being put to the sword. The last Saltergate night match will be a pretty emotional occassion for me and maybe for others

The last night match will be against Crewe on 2nd December. Its early I know but how about we supporters and the club designating it a 'Last Night Party Night'? The club could make it £5 for everyone coming to the match wearing a town shirt, scarf or anything in blue and white (possibly fancy dress). Maybe even some of the town centre pubs could be persuaded to run a special last night happy hour before kick off. Just a thought. How about it Mr Stevenson?

#2 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

View Posthopesprings, on Oct 4 2009, 05:28 PM, said:

Don't know about any other Spireite die-hards out there but some of the best times I've had at Saltergate have been at night matches. The Kop generally in good voice, the atmosphere buzzing and more often than not the opposition being put to the sword. The last Saltergate night match will be a pretty emotional occassion for me and maybe for others

The last night match will be against Crewe on 2nd December. Its early I know but how about we supporters and the club designating it a 'Last Night Party Night'? The club could make it £5 for everyone coming to the match wearing a town shirt, scarf or anything in blue and white (possibly fancy dress). Maybe even some of the town centre pubs could be persuaded to run a special last night happy hour before kick off. Just a thought. How about it Mr Stevenson?

It might not be, due to the inevitable bad weather and cancellations coming up in Jan and Feb.
@MancSpireites

#3 User is offline   Pride of the North 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

i thought that december might be a bit early especially if there a postponements in jan/feb and then if that does happen it would look at bit stupid and pointless in the end but good suggestion :ninja:
JOHN SHERIDAN'S BARMY ARMY

#4 User is offline   Duckys Moved 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Golf<br />Football<br />Fishing<br />Lager

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:26 PM

View Postjacktrueblue, on Oct 4 2009, 06:27 PM, said:

i thought that december might be a bit early especially if there a postponements in jan/feb and then if that does happen it would look at bit stupid and pointless in the end but good suggestion :ninja:

Could be a night match if we reach the play offs.

#5 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

I thought the atmosphere was a lot better against Grimsby than yesterday, some good old fashioned football chants and very little Adams family etc.
The B****Y drum was awful and didn't help the atmosphere one bit. Sorry but that's the way I see it :ninja:

The drum may work on a good turn out/ big game etc, but then we wouldn't need the drum anyway!
#notapennymore

#6 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on Oct 4 2009, 06:46 PM, said:

I thought the atmosphere was a lot better against Grimsby than yesterday, some good old fashioned football chants and very little Adams family etc.
The B****Y drum was awful and didn't help the atmosphere one bit. Sorry but that's the way I see it :ninja:

The drum may work on a good turn out/ big game etc, but then we wouldn't need the drum anyway!

You can always volunteer your services, anyway thye drummer had had a very hard Friday nighter and his wrist was aching. :lol:
God I hate this league.

#7 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:18 PM

View Posthopesprings, on Oct 4 2009, 05:28 PM, said:

Cheap skate. What about our FA Cup run :ninja:
God I hate this league.

#8 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

good idea but what next last,tuesday night,last wednesday night,last friday,or even last sunday game not sure that some of us who dont want to leave saltergate need it ramming down our throats....

#9 User is offline   antony hawkins 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

There's still a few more night games yet as we make the final of the paint pot trophy :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users