Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Interesting Article From Peterborough - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interesting Article From Peterborough

#1 User is offline   bluesboy52 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Saw this article and thought the comment regarding Tendayi Darikwa going forward was interesting. Are we overcommitting in attack?

http://www.peterboro...arine-1-6645145

#2 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

Are we having to get the full backs forward to compensate for the lack of attacking options/forward drive in CM? Do one of Morsy/Ryan need to push in with Banks?

Interesting subject though.
A new hope.

#3 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

Can't argue with anything in that really-superb write up.
Even down to the ball boy bit

#4 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 26 March 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Yes a very fair article

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 26 March 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Do u get involved with tactics/training CPS or is it just conditioning?
A new hope.

#5 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

Interesting reading the comments from their fans on the article....says we were a big side which is not something i ever think we are and moaning about Clucas should have been sent off for kicking their CB that got sent off later on.

#6 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

Our subs' bench from Saturday would score a few points in Scrabble.
These go to eleven.

#7 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 26 March 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Yes a very fair article

Do u get involved with tactics/training CPS or is it just conditioning?

No I keep well out of that- I've done some coaching badges -but only because it was paid for (and looks good on a cv)!
Just strength/conditioning and rehab.

#8 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostJonB, on 26 March 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

Interesting reading the comments from their fans on the article....says we were a big side which is not something i ever think we are and moaning about Clucas should have been sent off for kicking their CB that got sent off later on.

Yep that was a weird conment- they seemed a really big side-in every department-apart from their little striker James (who I thought was excellent).
Didn't see the Clucas incident atvfarcside of pitch-they seemed pretty incensed with it -don't think red booked him though did he?

#9 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

A discussion that goes back to Terry Cooper's marauding days at Leeds.

Must say I like James [CPS comment] -was a star when he came here with Hartlepool.

#10 User is online   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

A good report spot on, even the bit about our unconvincing back four.I wish we'd drop Evo.and bring back Raglan.
lindave

#11 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:23 PM

View Postlindave, on 26 March 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

A good report spot on, even the bit about our unconvincing back four.I wish we'd drop Evo.and bring back Raglan.

Raglan had a very good run of games, but he was also prone to errors himself.

He occasionally had problems holding his line and was very prone to playing opposition forwards onside in a dangerous attack. Doncaster away, Leyton Orient are just two recent examples or where this happened quite a lot.

Whilst Evatt is still a little unsteady at the moment, far more reliable (especially for defending set pieces) than Raglan. Hird by a long way, our first choice centre-half. Had a magnificent season!
Twitter: Bodie0402

#12 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

View Postbluesboy52, on 26 March 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

Saw this article and thought the comment regarding Tendayi Darikwa going forward was interesting. Are we overcommitting in attack?

http://www.peterboro...arine-1-6645145

Whilst championing the new managers was it impossible that this righteous upstanding pillar of this article could not have interviened even at half time to change the ball boys actions ?

Think the answer is very obvious to everyone considering these kids were being given first hand instruction by their role models on the pitch.

Perhaps the reporter is considering future press interviews with the manager in not giving the time wasting professionalism of PUFC a more prominent position in his report.

God I hate this league.

#13 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:36 PM

I wasn't at the game in question, but one thought keeps coming to mind as I read about the righteous indignation regarding Peterborough time - wasting; the fact is that if we'd taken one or two of the chances created by our superiority, they wouldn't have been trying to waste time. In other words, there is nobody to blame but ourselves for conceding a soft goal and failing to take a single chance.

#14 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:20 AM

View Postsophocles, on 27 March 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

I wasn't at the game in question, but one thought keeps coming to mind as I read about the righteous indignation regarding Peterborough time - wasting; the fact is that if we'd taken one or two of the chances created by our superiority, they wouldn't have been trying to waste time. In other words, there is nobody to blame but ourselves for conceding a soft goal and failing to take a single chance.

The above goes without saying S but having to witness a whole hour of such blatant time wasting was very hard to take.
God I hate this league.

#15 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

I also agree that we should have taken our chances and I'm certainly not blaming the time wasting efforts for our defeat, more the fact i was charged £23 for the pleasure of watching a kid seem to not know what to do with a football, i have an 18 year old son i can watch do that.

It was the most fristrating thing i have witnessed in 21 years watching Town

#16 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostSpireite93, on 28 March 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

I also agree that we should have taken our chances and I'm certainly not blaming the time wasting efforts for our defeat, more the fact i was charged £23 for the pleasure of watching a kid seem to not know what to do with a football, i have an 18 year old son i can watch do that.

Anyone recall a game at Saltergate a good few years ago, when some young kids from a local school had been the honour of being ball balls? The vast majority seemed to have never attended or even seen a game of football before. Chaos ensued, with the young kids seemingly not knowing the rough whereabouts to throw back the ball and even encroaching onto the field play whilst the ball was live and picking it up.

In the end the ref had to ask the club to withdraw the boys and replace them with folk who knew what they were doing.

#17 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

You never saw Darren Currie play?

#18 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

There's a level of time wasting that's acceptable, but Peterborough last week was ridiculous ...

#19 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

Yes agree we've all been to countless matches when our team have battered the opposition for 90 minutes without scoring and the opposition have broke away and delivered the sucker punch, that's football we get over it after a couple of pint.

Apart from the much maligned e j parker experience at Darlington I have not left a ground feeling so disgusted as last Saturday (on leaving Old Trafford I wasn't fully aware of the magnitude of e*****ys cock up) and I can more than double your years watching town

.For a club whom the media appear to hold in high regard, could openly employ kids to blatantly cheat to gain a technical advantage is morally wrong. Following all the hype after the ball boy incident at Swansea what view would the media have taken had Clucas had had the temperament of Dave Caldwell and tw@ed the little scroat..Did the person coaching these kids not realise this was a possibility? (with hyped up players chasing a game) did he hope this would happen? Well unless he's thick he must have

If the powers that be don't implement some sanctions on clubs employing such shameful tactics they are letting everyone down.

A quote from the managers column last Saturdays programme:-

"At Peterborough United we are very proud of the atmosphere, the behaviour of our fans and the respect that they show towards all players, managers, club officials and to each other"

It's a pity your staff don't do the same pal!!

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#20 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 28 March 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

.For a club whom the media appear to hold in high regard, could openly employ kids to blatantly cheat to gain a technical advantage is morally wrong.

Same thing happened at Doncaster, where the ball boy behind the goal in front of us was being coached in the art of timewasting by their goalie.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users