Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Rangers Takeover Falls Through - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rangers Takeover Falls Through

#61 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 08 May 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

I don't know if you've noticed the words 'Chesterfield', 'Football', and 'Club' occasionally dotted around this forum, 'Heisenberg', but most folk take that as a bit of a clue to the team we discuss on here.

I could sort of understand a thread such as this being popular if there was very little CFC related news, but given the events of the last 3 days, I find it strange that any CFC supporter would show such enthusiasm for other teams when there is so much to discuss about Chesterfield FC.
If only....

#62 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 08 May 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

well ner-ner-ne-ner-ner ;)

Well you must admit its was an effective method of ending a discussion that had run its course
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#63 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 08 May 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

That's perfectly true, but most messageboard members offer at least an occasional appraisal of events CFC.

For your information, Lordly One, I started a CFC related thread today also, not to mention posting in other Town topics. But I guess it's more convinient for you to focus on anything I say that isn't pertaining to CFC.

View PostSkywalker, on 08 May 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

I could sort of understand a thread such as this being popular if there was very little CFC related news, but given the events of the last 3 days, I find it strange that any CFC supporter would show such enthusiasm for other teams when there is so much to discuss about Chesterfield FC.

The football world doesn't revolve around Chesterfield. If people don't care for non-CFC topics, nobody is forcing them to read or contribute to them.

#64 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostHeisenberg, on 08 May 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

For your information, Lordly One, I started a CFC related thread today also, not to mention posting in other Town topics. But I guess it's more convinient for you to focus on anything I say that isn't pertaining to CFC.

The football world doesn't revolve around Chesterfield. If people don't care for non-CFC topics, nobody is forcing them to read or contribute to them.

Tell you what i'll do, 'Heisenberg': if you can point me in the direction of, say, half a dozen of your posts where you discuss the players, management, board or anything else CFC in more than cursory terms, i'll lay off.

Given the tumultuous events of recent months surely that's should be easy enough to do, shouldn't it?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#65 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostHeisenberg, on 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Could we get a pre-season friendly against them instead?... :)

Lincoln City had a pre-season friendly against Celtic nearly 2 years ago and then got relegated so that may be a bad omen. Incidently I would have gone and watched that match but it clashed with our B2Net opening match against Derby County.
President HubbardPosted Image

#66 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

View PostHeisenberg, on 08 May 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Money. Pure and simple.

Celtic are big business, regardless of how good you think the team may or may not be. Imagine all the massive matches in the FA Cup, League Cup and Premier League when Celtic eventually made it to the top flight.

How much extra money would the preimier league/FA make from Celtic being included? Not very much. Celtic are not a big attraction south of the border, and the TV revenue from scottish viewing figures would also be minimal.

Celtic are big business in Glasgow, but down herte in England? Nah they are average at best, and most premier league clubs have fairly limited ticket allocation for away fans. Wouldnt be any bigger in terms of the draw/ attraction/ away following than the massive club in S6.

It would also mean a club in the english leagues would be deprived of legitimate place in higher division for footballing politics.
A new hope.

#67 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

Any extra money clubs got from visiting away fans may be off se against extra policing costs to welcome our friendly Scottish brethren .and if they do want to join the English set up then it must be at the same level as AFC Wimbledon has to , anything higher would be wrong
East stand second class citizen.

#68 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 08 May 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Tell you what i'll do, 'Heisenberg': if you can point me in the direction of, say, half a dozen of your posts where you discuss the players, management, board or anything else CFC in more than cursory terms, i'll lay off.

Given the tumultuous events of recent months surely that's should be easy enough to do, shouldn't it?

Yes, why don't I start the 79th thread about Dave Allen at the fans forum the other night? Because everybody knows clogging the board up with things that can be discussed in one or two topics makes this place so easy to navigate :rolleyes:

You can look through my post history for yourself and see all the CFC related comments I've made, I'm not doing it for you. Now kindly stop following me around on here criticising everything I say, you're already nothing more than white noise to most people here already, and your obsession with me and Carlsberg is making you even worse.

#69 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

TBF to Heisenberg there were 3 posts about Mansfield on here the other day, and it is quite interesting with Rangers, as it may pertain to Portsmouth's situation and also with Coventry's, which may or may not affect us eventually!!

#70 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostHeisenberg, on 09 May 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Yes, why don't I start the 79th thread about Dave Allen at the fans forum the other night? Because everybody knows clogging the board up with things that can be discussed in one or two topics makes this place so easy to navigate :rolleyes:

You can look through my post history for yourself and see all the CFC related comments I've made, I'm not doing it for you. Now kindly stop following me around on here criticising everything I say, you're already nothing more than white noise to most people here already, and your obsession with me and Carlsberg is making you even worse.

Ah, so stepping over the evasive waffle that's a 'no' then. You can't reproduce six contributions from your entire forum history that discuss CFC in any depth whatsoever. Pretty sad stuff for someone who trots out endless posts on other issues, not to mention deriding a Town fan who actually attends games and events then passes on a few thoughts accordingly. Before you start whining about leaving you alone perhaps you should remember that despite your bizarre interest in my profile page i was happy to ignore your inane and instantly forgettable offerings until you launched an unprovoked attack on my good self.

And "obsession"? Well get your friend/neighbour/partner/alter-ego/whatever to allow the admin bods to publicise our respective 'behind the scenes' behaviour. Then everyone'll be able to judge for themselves exactly who's 'obsessed', won't they.

#71 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 09 May 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

And "obsession"? Well get your friend/neighbour/partner/alter-ego/whatever to allow the admin bods to publicise our respective 'behind the scenes' behaviour. Then everyone'll be able to judge for themselves exactly who's 'obsessed', won't they.

Well Lord Snell, you`ve made 4 posts on a thread you`ve admitted you have no interest in whatsoever and each one of your posts you`re making snide comments about Mr Heisenberg. You`re correct I`m sure most members on here who can read can see who`s trying to provide factual insight into football matters and who`s obsessed with another member.
Although I`m certain you read Mr Heisenbergs posts I`m actually guessing you`re green with envy at his far superior literacy skills to you`re own and I`m sure it also comes as no suprise to you that he took a degree in journalism.
Sorry Lord Snell but Mr Heisenberg beats you on every level, read his post history again, he`s so smart he doesn`t even do typing errors, he`s also a far outstanding ammateur football journalist than you at every level but I`m certain you`ve noticed that already hense the unhealthy obsession.

#72 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostIf Carlsberg Made Chairmen, on 09 May 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Well Lord Snell, you`ve made 4 posts on a thread you`ve admitted you have no interest in whatsoever and each one of your posts you`re making snide comments about Mr Heisenberg. You`re correct I`m sure most members on here who can read can see who`s trying to provide factual insight into football matters and who`s obsessed with another member.
Although I`m certain you read Mr Heisenbergs posts I`m actually guessing you`re green with envy at his far superior literacy skills to you`re own and I`m sure it also comes as no suprise to you that he took a degree in journalism.
Sorry Lord Snell but Mr Heisenberg beats you on every level, read his post history again, he`s so smart he doesn`t even do typing errors, he`s also a far outstanding ammateur football journalist than you at every level but I`m certain you`ve noticed that already hense the unhealthy obsession.

R you 2 married by any chance C. YOU ARE VERY QUICK TO DEFEND YOUR PAL.?
God I hate this league.

#73 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 09 May 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

R you 2 married by any chance C. YOU ARE VERY QUICK TO DEFEND YOUR PAL.?

No, we`re just neighbours at the minute Dave.

#74 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostIf Carlsberg Made Chairmen, on 09 May 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Well ignoring the predictably juvenile taunts i'd point out that what "Mr Heisenberg" has actually done is confirm once and for all that you hide behind your computor peddling misinformation and deciet (some might say lies, but i tend to rise above their level).

I was only speaking to Carlsberg about this yesterday, I'm not sure why he has said certain things that aren't true. All I can summise is he is a very private person in "real life" and often lets slip a couple of porkies/red herrings to maintain his privacy. I have never asked him to do the same for me, but he took it upon himself to make one or two claims, such as my move to Birkenhead. Yes I have friends there, but have no intention of moving there. I am moving to Wexford in three weeks, that is the truth of the matter.

Hardly news to messageboard regulars but pretty damning given your supposed 'relationship' with him.

Anyway, i note you totally ducked the offer i once again repeated in my post: will you allow the admin bods to publicise our respective use of the marking system? Exactly what are you so desperate to conceal? Come on 'Carlsberg', you and 'Heisenberg' have both made accusations against me so why not allow everyone to see who's telling the truth.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 09 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

#75 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Lord Snell you`re very bitter, you`re acting like somebody who`s met his match and his interlectual superior, oh wait a minute....

#76 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostIf Carlsberg Made Chairmen, on 09 May 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Lord Snell you`re very bitter, you`re acting like somebody who`s met his match and his interlectual superior, oh wait a minute....

>Sigh<

I guess this (non) response says everything that needs to be said...

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 09 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

#77 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 09 May 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

Any extra money clubs got from visiting away fans may be off se against extra policing costs to welcome our friendly Scottish brethren .and if they do want to join the English set up then it must be at the same level as AFC Wimbledon has to , anything higher would be wrong

If one joined, then before long the other ugly sister of scottish football would also want to join. I`m no fan of the premier league and the overpaid prima donna footballers who ply thier trade there, but that could only make things worse. Would we really want to see 2 football clubs whos sole reason for large gates is sectarian bigotry and religous hatred?

Leave them both where they are, in the city of Glasgow it the best place for them.
A new hope.

#78 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

View Postnecronomicon ex mortis, on 09 May 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

If one joined, then before long the other ugly sister of scottish football would also want to join. I`m no fan of the premier league and the overpaid prima donna footballers who ply thier trade there, but that could only make things worse. Would we really want to see 2 football clubs whos sole reason for large gates is sectarian bigotry and religous hatred?

Leave them both where they are, in the city of Glasgow it the best place for them.

I don't think the sectarianism is the sole reason for Rangers and Celtic's large attendances. Besides, the proposition was Celtic joining the English leagues if Rangers go under, not both of them. I do believe Rangers will live to fight another day, given that the administrators have said one of the other bids will be accepted possibly by the end of this week. I'd still like to know why the fans were so against Miller's bid though.

#79 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 09 May 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Well ignoring the predictably juvenile taunts i'd point out that what "Mr Heisenberg" has actually done is confirm once and for all that you hide behind your computor peddling misinformation and deciet (some might say lies, but i tend to rise above their level).

I was only speaking to Carlsberg about this yesterday, I'm not sure why he has said certain things that aren't true. All I can summise is he is a very private person in "real life" and often lets slip a couple of porkies/red herrings to maintain his privacy. I have never asked him to do the same for me, but he took it upon himself to make one or two claims, such as my move to Birkenhead. Yes I have friends there, but have no intention of moving there. I am moving to Wexford in three weeks, that is the truth of the matter.

Hardly news to messageboard regulars but pretty damning given your supposed 'relationship' with him.

Anyway, i note you totally ducked the offer i once again repeated in my post: will you allow the admin bods to publicise our respective use of the marking system? Exactly what are you so desperate to conceal? Come on 'Carlsberg', you and 'Heisenberg' have both made accusations against me so why not allow everyone to see who's telling the truth.

well talking about were people live theres no such place as lower walton its called boythorpe and get off your high horse knowone cares

#80 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostHeisenberg, on 09 May 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

I don't think the sectarianism is the sole reason for Rangers and Celtic's large attendances.

They get a far higher % of population than any other scottish team = combined its over 10%

Compare to aberdeen, with around 4% and edinburgh at around 4.5%- http://soccernet.esp...-league?cc=5739#

Besides, the proposition was Celtic joining the English leagues if Rangers go under, not both of them..

Indeed, but if one joined, once the other ugly sister has re established itself they would join as the precident has been set. They wouldnt benefit the Premier league in terms of away attendances any more than the 2 massive clubs from Dee Dah land would, and would cost much more in disruption and police costs

I'd still like to know why the fans were so against Miller's bid though.

Liverpool fc? The history/record of american `investors` isnt exactly great.
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users