Next Fans Forum.

#21 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2023 - 04:22 PM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 01 August 2023 - 02:56 PM, said:

So far we have sold 148 seats in Blocks N2 & N3

I imagine that number includes any single match tickets bought for those two blocks too?

After Saturday, the North Stand is fully blocked out for all home games, I wonder if they've had a rethink already given the low uptake?

Presumably, given the cost of extra stewards, concourse staff, cleaners etc, it appears to be costing the club to open the North to home fans now.

I know there is a schools offer on for the North Stand Saturday, (presumably in N4/5) but I can't see that adding anything more than a couple of hundred to the gate, either this time of year.

#22 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2023 - 08:49 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 01 August 2023 - 04:22 PM, said:

I imagine that number includes any single match tickets bought for those two blocks too?

After Saturday, the North Stand is fully blocked out for all home games, I wonder if they've had a rethink already given the low uptake?

Presumably, given the cost of extra stewards, concourse staff, cleaners etc, it appears to be costing the club to open the North to home fans now.

I know there is a schools offer on for the North Stand Saturday, (presumably in N4/5) but I can't see that adding anything more than a couple of hundred to the gate, either this time of year.

If there are 400 plus takers on the school offers like last season added to the 150 also sold then the 550 in the North Stand is possibly double the amount of away fans we would get from about 20 of the teams this season.

#23 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 06:42 AM

View PostNEBlue, on 01 August 2023 - 03:32 PM, said:

Agreed. Was a decent idea but don't think it was really needed. Personally think we should shift those who have bought in the north to other stands and operate as we did last season putting away fans in the east stand unless demand warrants the North.

It’ll grow as the season gets underway. August is traditionally lower gates due to holidays etc

Kop has sold out already and will do most games I reckon so at least anyone who wants cheaper tickets/prefers sitting behind the goal has an option.

Personally I’d rather 500 town fans behind the goal than it sitting empty

#24 User is offline   WEareSAILING 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:54 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 01 August 2023 - 04:22 PM, said:

The North Stand tickets will go to schools i'd imagine. I think that's a good idea, get young kids watching / supporting us rather than going up the road and watching one of the Sheffield clubs. They'll be at least 400/500 town fans behind that goal which is personally I'm sure everything will agree a lot better than attacking an empty stand. I also think people are holding off buying season tickets for that reason, they'll know cheaper tickets for schools will be coming in September which will be cheaper than buying a season ticket. That stand will be near enough full by October.

#25 User is online   erniemossity 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Beer, town, decent boozers

Posted 02 August 2023 - 09:28 AM

View PostWEareSAILING, on 02 August 2023 - 08:54 AM, said:

The North Stand tickets will go to schools i'd imagine. I think that's a good idea, get young kids watching / supporting us rather than going up the road and watching one of the Sheffield clubs. They'll be at least 400/500 town fans behind that goal which is personally I'm sure everything will agree a lot better than attacking an empty stand. I also think people are holding off buying season tickets for that reason, they'll know cheaper tickets for schools will be coming in September which will be cheaper than buying a season ticket. That stand will be near enough full by October.

Before they blanked the North Stand out for buying season tickets, I think there was just under a 100 that had taken it up. Not sure how many school offers will be on, but I guess a minimum of 100 folk in there justifies a few stewards and a couple of concourse staff. No need to go over the top with the stewarding, it’s not as though there’s an issue with the W7 ‘massive’ any more.

#26 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 04 August 2023 - 07:35 AM

Any update from the forum last night, be good to learn what topics were taken forward to get a response from the club.

#27 User is offline   WEareSAILING 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2023 - 08:41 AM

Did the fans forum reps bring up the fact we are serving burgers and snap which is world famous across social media?

#28 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:10 AM

View PostWEareSAILING, on 04 August 2023 - 08:41 AM, said:

Did the fans forum reps bring up the fact we are serving burgers and snap which is world famous across social media?

The fans forum was free to attend and on YouTube. The point of the forum meeting is to gather all the information and represent the views to the board on 5/8.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#29 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:29 AM

View PostWEareSAILING, on 04 August 2023 - 08:41 AM, said:

Yes. PT replied that he initially thought the burger photo on Footy Scran was a compliment. JC just said we are selling more than ever and didn't really take any of the criticism on board.
@MancSpireites

#30 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:33 AM

In fact JC got very defensive about the food situation and asserted that football fans generally might try some other stuff but will always return to pies. So we might get a new type of pie on rotation.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
@MancSpireites

#31 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:35 AM

View PostZeus, on 04 August 2023 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yes. PT replied that he initially thought the burger photo on Footy Scran was a compliment. JC just said we are selling more than ever and didn't really take any of the criticism on board.

I bet he wouldn't be happy serving them in the boardroom though.

It will be interesting to see what (if) they do anything about it.

#32 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:37 AM

View PostZeus, on 04 August 2023 - 09:33 AM, said:

In fact JC got very defensive about the food situation and asserted that football fans generally might try some other stuff but will always return to pies. So we might get a new type of pie on rotation.

I hope this is true

#33 User is offline   prolurker 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:39 AM

View PostZeus, on 04 August 2023 - 09:29 AM, said:

Just shows out of touch we can be when it comes to this sort of stuff, we're too happy to keeps things as they are because thats how its always been.

#34 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:50 AM

View PostZeus, on 04 August 2023 - 09:33 AM, said:

I am really going off the board members very quickly, they (he, Croot) don't grasp that the fans are being ripped of, not away fans, but our own fans. £5 for a warmed up meat paste pate on a dry cob is a disgrace. A Big Mac costs £3.69 there is no comparrison.

This is not the "Community Club" they like to proclaim. If they charged £2.50 for the burgers it would still be too much. The price should eflect the quality. People will buy them because they offer very little else with regards to matchday food.

It sounds like they are very happy to continue to rip folk off.

#35 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:57 AM

View PostQuaker, on 04 August 2023 - 09:35 AM, said:

I bet he wouldn't be happy serving them in the boardroom though.

It will be interesting to see what (if) they do anything about it.

Also we need to remember that JC probably has a good business relationship with Trevor at Jacksons and is happy to not upset the applecart or business relationship. I don't have a problem with the product most of the time as generally they are decent pies. HOWEVER it doesn't stop them from offering alternatives or looking at the pricing structure across the board. It would only take a few hours work to look at other clubs offerings and price structure and trying to improve on that.

#36 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:59 AM

View PostLincs Spireite, on 04 August 2023 - 09:57 AM, said:

Also we need to remember that JC probably has a good business relationship with Trevor at Jacksons and is happy to not upset the applecart or business relationship. I don't have a problem with the product most of the time as generally they are decent pies. HOWEVER it doesn't stop them from offering alternatives or looking at the pricing structure across the board. It would only take a few hours work to look at other clubs offerings and price structure and trying to improve on that.

Pies are one thing… but the roll over offering?

#37 User is offline   prolurker 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2023 - 10:00 AM

View PostQuaker, on 04 August 2023 - 09:50 AM, said:

I am really going off the board members very quickly, they (he, Croot) don't grasp that the fans are being ripped of, not away fans, but our own fans. £5 for a warmed up meat paste pate on a dry cob is a disgrace. A Big Mac costs £3.69 there is no comparrison.

This is not the "Community Club" they like to proclaim. If they charged £2.50 for the burgers it would still be too much. The price should eflect the quality. People will buy them because they offer very little else with regards to matchday food.

Refuse to believe we should be charging anymore than £3 for a pie/burger/hot dog, £4 a pint, £2 a tea/coffee/soft drink.

Think the board have done a great job stabalising a sinking ship and pushing on the playing side of things but feel like the business operational side needs a lot of work. I still have a huge gripe with the fact we're having to manually collect away tickets in 2023.

#38 User is offline   WEareSAILING 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2023 - 10:03 AM

View PostQuaker, on 04 August 2023 - 09:50 AM, said:

I have always been wary of JC, he does brilliant things on the community trust side of things but why he still has a say in the football operations is beyond me. He actually walks around a few of the concourses and it amazes me that he doesn't see 50 to 55% of people have food and drink which they have brought in, in their hands. Some of his decisions and campaigns he has signed off lead me to think he is in above his head. Hopefully if/when the reps get in front of the likes of the kirk brothers they can hammer home that the quality of food and pricing structure is embarrassing. Did we not have a look at what the social media backlash was when 'Footy Scran' sold us down the river? Time to wake up!

#39 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2023 - 10:09 AM

I’m late to this thread but can someone please please bring up the ridiculous length of the queues for the east stand to get in. Some investment should be made there as two turnstiles for hundreds of fans is not sensible. Longer it takes to get in, less £ being spent on the concorse.

#40 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2023 - 10:48 AM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 04 August 2023 - 10:09 AM, said:

I’m late to this thread but can someone please please bring up the ridiculous length of the queues for the east stand to get in. Some investment should be made there as two turnstiles for hundreds of fans is not sensible. Longer it takes to get in, less £ being spent on the concorse.

Hi, this was raised again last s night and the suggestion was made for the club to use card readers/mobile technology to help to speed up the flow of supporters into the East stand due to the fact that there are only three entrance points.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users