Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Trump. Just...trump. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump. Just...trump. Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

View Postkh83, on 11 January 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

In your opinion. Many people in America think the opposite.

Just to be clear I'm not a representative of Trumps like you previously suggested and wouldn't be one bit surprised if all of the above is true. I think all politicians are in it for themselves, looking after themselves financially and don't really give a monkeys about the people they are supposed to serve. What I do like about Trump is that he definitely isn't a politician and doesn't give a ###### who he upsets.

My point was merely that he has had some success in his first year and even though that can be debated all night, he definitely hasn't been as shambolic as I and many others thought he would be.

My biggest gripe with Trump is the whole Saudi thing. The travel ban makes sense, support that fully but not including Saudi Arabia demonstrates he isn't as strong and courageous in the anti terrorism stance as he leads us to believe.... although still a lot stronger than our pathetic excuse of a government.

'This Week' last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p05tlv8c
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#22 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:40 AM

View Postkh83, on 10 January 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Thanks

It's all there for everyone to see and every achievement or fault of anyone is always debated but my point was although I expected an absolute car crash he's not been that bad. If all the media can find to throw at him is the size of his hands and his language in a tweet then he must be doing something right.

Importantly, what Trump haters seem to dismiss is that he and America are Britain's greatest ally and he sees us as great friends and partners, unlike his predecessor

The people more embarrassing than Trump are the ones having a tantrum about his state visit.

But now that great friend has thrown another tantrum of his own and said he's not gonna open the Yanks' new embassy.

And surprise-surprise he's spouted more playground standard posturing (it was actually the Bush administration that initiated the change of address) rather than admit the truth - the 'welcome' on offer wasn't elaborate enough to satisfy his ego.

For what it's worth I've come 'round to the opinion he should visit Britain, though.

Then instead of any kind of pomp, ceremony or protests it'd probably be best just to ignore him...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#23 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

Are we included in his “shiイhole states” now he’s been forced to cancel high tea and cucumber sarnies with Tezza?
頑張れ日本!!!

#24 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

Well the places he named are shhiittholes, that’s why the people want to leave I imagine
JRID

#25 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

I'd include a rich country that can't provide free healthcare to its people in the sh**hole pile as well

#26 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 13 January 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

Well the places he named are shhiittholes, that’s why the people want to leave I imagine

People leave the UK too you melt

#27 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 13 January 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

But now that great friend has thrown another tantrum of his own and said he's not gonna open the Yanks' new embassy.

And surprise-surprise he's spouted more playground standard posturing (it was actually the Bush administration that initiated the change of address) rather than admit the truth - the 'welcome' on offer wasn't elaborate enough to satisfy his ego.

For what it's worth I've come 'round to the opinion he should visit Britain, though.

Then instead of any kind of pomp, ceremony or protests it'd probably be best just to ignore him...

It's about time politicians (including Trump) put personalities aside and got on with their jobs.
We have always been great friends with America and our leaders need to ensure this friendship remains and stop pandering to a vocal minority of idiots who throw a tantrum at the thought of his visit. The same people, incidentally are silent or even supporting of returning Jihadi's who have been butchering innocent people and likely to carry on doing so.

Your right, Trump was wrong it was Bush that sold the embassy building. The interview I saw he stated his disapproval of selling to Quatar to then buy another one for far more than double the price, at the cost of American tax payers. I'd agree with him on that but don't think it's a very good excuse not to come on a state visit.
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#28 User is online   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

View Postkh83, on 15 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

It's about time politicians (including Trump) put personalities aside and got on with their jobs.
We have always been great friends with America and our leaders need to ensure this friendship remains and stop pandering to a vocal minority of idiots who throw a tantrum at the thought of his visit. The same people, incidentally are silent or even supporting of returning Jihadi's who have been butchering innocent people and likely to carry on doing so.

Your right, Trump was wrong it was Bush that sold the embassy building. The interview I saw he stated his disapproval of selling to Quatar to then buy another one for far more than double the price, at the cost of American tax payers. I'd agree with him on that but don't think it's a very good excuse not to come on a state visit.

who's pandering? the only person stopping a trump visit up to yet is trump himself.

everyone who opposes trumps visit also supports (or are silent about) returning jihadis? really.
how many returning jihadis has this country allowed in?

#29 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:38 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 13 January 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

One of the reasons I left was to broaden my mind and prevent stagnation/degradation into closed-minded views like this.
頑張れ日本!!!

#30 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 15 January 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

who's pandering? the only person stopping a trump visit up to yet is trump himself.

everyone who opposes trumps visit also supports (or are silent about) returning jihadis? really.
how many returning jihadis has this country allowed in?

He's been in the Whitehouse for over a 14 months now and May has been very nervous and put off a visit on many occasions. Admittedly Trump cancelled the last one. She's a weak leader, a strong leader would have public welcomed the President of our closest ally as soon as he took office.

Between 350 and 400 last year.
You must admit there has been less of a public outcry in opposition for the returning terrorists than the POUS? This a sad reflection on society...
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#31 User is online   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

View Postkh83, on 16 January 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

He's been in the Whitehouse for over a 14 months now and May has been very nervous and put off a visit on many occasions. Admittedly Trump cancelled the last one. She's a weak leader, a strong leader would have public welcomed the President of our closest ally as soon as he took office.

Between 350 and 400 last year.
You must admit there has been less of a public outcry in opposition for the returning terrorists than the POUS? This a sad reflection on society...

if may is a weak leader for not inviting trump then equally trump is weak for not coming to open the embassy.
shes a dead man walking with no power or authority, he strikes me as a very needy individual.

theres been plenty of outcry over returning isis supporters/fighters its just as is the way of the world isis is an old news story largely forgotten about.
left to me I wouldn't have them back in the country.

#32 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

Anyone see the “test” Trump’s White House doctor have him do to declare him fit to govern? My 3-year old could do well in that...

(To see it, search for “moca test”)
頑張れ日本!!!

#33 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

View PostNerima Spireite, on 17 January 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Anyone see the “test” Trump’s White House doctor have him do to declare him fit to govern? My 3-year old could do well in that...

(To see it, search for “moca test”)

Not if you're in the early stages of dementia you couldn't which is what the test is designed for. My dad was and we knew something was wrong when he couldn't count in fives.

#34 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

Surely the point is Trump's need to publicise such stuff...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#35 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:35 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on 17 January 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

Not if you're in the early stages of dementia you couldn't which is what the test is designed for. My dad was and we knew something was wrong when he couldn't count in fives.

Okay. Fair point, though what was sticking in my head was Trump’s self-aggrandising claim of being a “genius.”
頑張れ日本!!!

#36 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

http://thehill.com/h...impression=true

Repulsive.

#37 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:50 PM

View PostGoku, on 19 January 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

I'm anti abortion but I feel there are genuine reasons sometimes, and have no problem at all with people expressing their gender or sexuality in any legal way they see fit, but aren't they just expressing their view like you are on being anti meat eating?

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 19 January 2018 - 10:56 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#38 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 January 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

I'm anti abortion, and have no problem at all with people expressing their gender or sexuality in any legal way they see fit, but aren't they just expressing their view like you are on being anti meat eating?

You sort of remind me of a debate in which George Galloway took part, love him or hate him, he makes a point..in which he said to his antagonists ..you're all for free speech when it's your argument being heard and everyone has to stay quiet and listen to you, but when those with a differing view to you try to have their say you shout and scream how offensive they are at the top of your voice!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 19 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

#39 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 January 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

I'm anti abortion but I feel there are genuine reasons sometimes, and have no problem at all with people expressing their gender or sexuality in any legal way they see fit, but aren't they just expressing their view like you are on being anti meat eating?

Interesting that you're anti-abortion. Why is that?

Refusing to perform operations which is part of your job is a little bit different to me being against the ongoing animal holocaust. If you don't want to perform operations don't become involved in that industry. Your view that 'they're just expressing their view' is supportive of discriminatory behaviour and is trans-exclusionary, as if an already widely hated and marginalised group of people needed any more of that.

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 January 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

You sort of remind me of a debate in which George Galloway took part, love him or hate him, he makes a point..in which he said to his antagonists ..you're all for free speech when it's your argument being heard and everyone has to stay quiet and listen to you, but when those with a differing view to you try to have their say you shout and scream how offensive they are at the top of your voice!

Well that's certainly not me. Recent episode of my generalisation about Brexit voters being racists aside, for the most part I'll break down counter arguments with facts, logic and I provide sources and reference points when possible. Perhaps what you've written above is how you want me to act like, but I assure you that for the vast majority of the time it's not how I am and I'm certain that those whose opinions I respect on this forum (death, misnomer, frearsghost etc) would back me up on that (again excluding the brexit rant where I threw my toys out of the pram). You've been known to stamp your feet and demand apologies from people on here who hold different opinions to you, perhaps you're thinking of yourself?

This post has been edited by Goku: 20 January 2018 - 12:01 AM

#40 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:06 AM

View PostGoku, on 19 January 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

Interesting that you're anti-abortion. Why is that?

Refusing to perform operations which is part of your job is a little bit different to me being against the ongoing animal holocaust. If you don't want to perform operations don't become involved in that industry.

Well that's certainly not me. Recent episode of my generalisation about Brexit voters being racists aside, for the most part I'll break down counter arguments with facts, logic and I provide sources and reference points when possible. Perhaps what you've written above is how you want me to act like, but I assure you that for the vast majority of the time it's not how I am and I'm certain that those whose opinions I respect on this forum (death, misnomer, frearsghost etc) would back me up on that (again excluding the brexit rant where I threw my toys out of the pram). You've been known to stamp your feet and demand apologies from people on here who hold different opinions to you, perhaps you're thinking of yourself?

Oh i agree i can squeal with the best of them. It's part of who we are, and we all need to cut slack. I think you make genuine cases because I honestly think you mean what you say, others do it for effect. But at times you voice differing opinions too loudly. Regarding abortion I think it's 50/50, which I totally understand that given the seriousness of the outcome is a very flippant way of describing it.

Share this topic:

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users