• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Knill's Comments

#1 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

http://www.buryfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Man...1368337,00.html

"I'm delighted to have to come to Chesterfield, who are one of the favourites to go up, and in our second game in.To be fair though, I thought we won quite comfortably as well. It's a bit of a statement as well for two reasons and I know it's really early in the season, but we are ready, we think we have a decent squad, with a real will to win and to be better and the other statement is that we are not a one man team."

"There was no Andy Bishop today, and everybody keeps saying that without Andy Bishop we are not anything, but that's what we want to do, we have to take the pressure off Andy. That's why we have the squad that we have got. Andy Morrell came in today after playing 25 minutes on Tuesday. Today was his first 70 minutes and I thought he was excellent, along with Hurst, the pair of them were excellent."

"The defenders are taking the pressure of the strikers with two goals, but Futcher's goal - what was that! Was it in an over head kick. He's trying to tell the dressing room that if a Brazilian had scored that goal we would be watching it forever. It was a bit of a hook and its gone it. Its great, he's up there to score."

"Sodje showed some quality by taking the ball from his head to his feet and passing it into the back of the net. That was quality. Obviously we had a game plan and we've done plenty of homework before it comes to actually kicking off, so the players knew exactly what was expected of them. If you come to Chesterfield, you have to compete and we did that immensely, especially in the middle of the park. Chesterfield are strong there but we were stronger and we thoroughly deserved it to come in 3-0 at half time."

"The third goal was a great goal to break it up and to move it with Jonah, who is looking better and better every week, he played a great ball in and there was Andy Morrell in the box - a great goal."

"You try to start quickly and we did today. I just thought we were really comfortable for the whole first half. We never really had any problems and losing Jack Lester so early was a big blow to them. You just take it."

"Even when they pulled one back, they never came back. We knew that they would have to go for it. They got one back and we just told the players not to panic and to listen to us whilst we sort the shape out. If they change shape then we would do the same, we would sort the substitutions and be professional about the game. I thought if we had used it a little bit better, we could have got the fourth, but you've got to be delighted with a 3-1 win at Chesterfield - 3-0 at half time, the games over."

"Chesterfield are a good side, they have good players, but today, we were better and I think we can get better than this. That's the thing for us, yes it was a great result, but we are not there yet, I think we can get better. It's a long season and we've all been here before, where we have started off well and everyone is saying promotion this and promotion that - there's nine months in a season, so it's for us to be playing like this come January, or February, or march, if we do, then we will be in with a chance."

"For us, it's just progression every game and trying to be better than we were before and we are going about it the right way."

#2 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

View Postmoondog, on Aug 16 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

"I'm delighted to have to come to Chesterfield, who are one of the favourites to go up, and in our second game in.To be fair though, I thought we won quite comfortably as well. It's a bit of a statement as well for two reasons and I know it's really early in the season, but we are ready, we think we have a decent squad, with a real will to win and to be better and the other statement is that we are not a one man team."

"There was no Andy Bishop today, and everybody keeps saying that without Andy Bishop we are not anything, but that's what we want to do, we have to take the pressure off Andy. That's why we have the squad that we have got. Andy Morrell came in today after playing 25 minutes on Tuesday. Today was his first 70 minutes and I thought he was excellent, along with Hurst, the pair of them were excellent."

"The defenders are taking the pressure of the strikers with two goals, but Futcher's goal - what was that! Was it in an over head kick. He's trying to tell the dressing room that if a Brazilian had scored that goal we would be watching it forever. It was a bit of a hook and its gone it. Its great, he's up there to score."

"Sodje showed some quality by taking the ball from his head to his feet and passing it into the back of the net. That was quality. Obviously we had a game plan and we've done plenty of homework before it comes to actually kicking off, so the players knew exactly what was expected of them. If you come to Chesterfield, you have to compete and we did that immensely, especially in the middle of the park. Chesterfield are strong there but we were stronger and we thoroughly deserved it to come in 3-0 at half time."

"The third goal was a great goal to break it up and to move it with Jonah, who is looking better and better every week, he played a great ball in and there was Andy Morrell in the box - a great goal."

"You try to start quickly and we did today. I just thought we were really comfortable for the whole first half. We never really had any problems and losing Jack Lester so early was a big blow to them. You just take it."

"Even when they pulled one back, they never came back. We knew that they would have to go for it. They got one back and we just told the players not to panic and to listen to us whilst we sort the shape out. If they change shape then we would do the same, we would sort the substitutions and be professional about the game. I thought if we had used it a little bit better, we could have got the fourth, but you've got to be delighted with a 3-1 win at Chesterfield - 3-0 at half time, the games over."

"Chesterfield are a good side, they have good players, but today, we were better and I think we can get better than this. That's the thing for us, yes it was a great result, but we are not there yet, I think we can get better. It's a long season and we've all been here before, where we have started off well and everyone is saying promotion this and promotion that - there's nine months in a season, so it's for us to be playing like this come January, or February, or march, if we do, then we will be in with a chance."

"For us, it's just progression every game and trying to be better than we were before and we are going about it the right way."

What utter rubbish. We all know that they won because of the wind and the Chesterfield fans. Its shocking he would suggest otherwise.

Anyway time for MOTD.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#3 User is offline   Tonycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Booze, Football, Booze

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

That makes me feel sick. The one man team line sticks in the throat. He deserves to big his team up. If the rose tinted Chesterfield fans think rico and Knill split was friendly. Thats a wake up call.

Rub and Nose spring to mind in a big way.

"What utter rubbish. We all know that they won because of the wind and the Chesterfield fans. Its shocking he would suggest otherwise".

Must be true rico said it!!!!!

This post has been edited by Tonycfc: 16 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

We are all off to the B2NET

#4 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

View PostTonycfc, on Aug 16 2008, 10:34 PM, said:

That makes me feel sick. The one man team line sticks in the throat. He deserves to big his team up. If the rose tinted Chesterfield fans think rico and Knill split was friendly. Thats a wake up call.

"What utter rubbish. We all know that they won because of the wind and the Chesterfield fans. Its shocking he would suggest otherwise".

The one man team comment was about his own team

#5 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Interests:beer

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Aug 16 2008, 10:36 PM, said:

If you've got World you can watch both managers post game comments not heard Radio Sheff but no mention of flatulence by Lee on World

Btw there is an obvious game plan which Knill and others have used to stop us playing which is pretty simple once you spot it involves hard work and closing down or close marking a certain player
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#6 User is offline   Tonycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Booze, Football, Booze

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Aug 16 2008, 10:36 PM, said:

Was it or was he covering his words up have a nother read. Its funny how we are known as a one man band in this league. Lester gets taken off injured they win 3 nil. Knill then says about not being a one man band. He then add thit Bishop bit in second.

He doesnt say Bishops moving on will not effect us, he says " one man Team" .

Could be a dig or maybe not. Read into it what you like
We are all off to the B2NET

#7 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

View PostWebster, on Aug 16 2008, 10:42 PM, said:

If you've got World you can watch both managers post game comments not heard Radio Sheff but no mention of flatulence by Lee on World

Btw there is an obvious game plan which Knill and others have used to stop us playing which is pretty simple once you spot it involves hard work and closing down or close marking a certain player

Which Ricco can't counter

#8 User is offline   Igottheblues 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:51 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Aug 16 2008, 10:45 PM, said:

Which Ricco can't counter

Probably on a par with the comments of that skydiver at Burnley today :lol:
Unbelievable Jeff

#9 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

We played our best football when Knill was still here, Ricco hasn't got a clue. I'd swap Sodje for both Page and Austin together he was a brute but was my motm. Bury totally dominated the play from the start, and our team of midgets didn't stand a chance against their giants. Why didn't Ricco play Robertson wide like last week, and keep Currie in the centre alongside motm for us Harsley (once jack had gone off). We persisted for 80mins with the big hoop up front,so why didn't he bring on Downes after 60mins to give him more chance to ruffle a few feathers.
The Ricco out brigade were out early today and who can blame them. Lester's injury was a disaster waiting to happen, when Ricco failed to sign any real backup for the front pair.Even before Jack's injury we needed a target man to hold onto the bar. A very poor show from every department of the team,Harsley and Lea apart, I still don't think Ricco is the man for the job and agree with the chant Ricco Out.
lindave

#10 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:03 PM

View Postlindave, on Aug 16 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

We played our best football when Knill was still here, Ricco hasn't got a clue. I'd swap Sodje for both Page and Austin together he was a brute but was my motm. Bury totally dominated the play from the start, and our team of midgets didn't stand a chance against their giants. Why didn't Ricco play Robertson wide like last week, and keep Currie in the centre alongside motm for us Harsley (once jack had gone off). We persisted for 80mins with the big hoop up front,so why didn't he bring on Downes after 60mins to give him more chance to ruffle a few feathers.
The Ricco out brigade were out early today and who can blame them. Lester's injury was a disaster waiting to happen, when Ricco failed to sign any real backup for the front pair.Even before Jack's injury we needed a target man to hold onto the bar. A very poor show from every department of the team,Harsley and Lea apart, I still don't think Ricco is the man for the job and agree with the chant Ricco Out.

good post Lindave and i pretty much agree with the majority of your points.
Sadly, I think Knills comments are a fair and accurate reflection of the game.
Posted Image

#11 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

View Postlindave, on Aug 16 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

Harsley motm????? another one that went missing when the going got tough! and that was from minuite 1!

#12 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

View Postdjs, on Aug 16 2008, 11:14 PM, said:

Harsley motm????? another one that went missing when the going got tough! and that was from minuite 1!

for me... probably for effort, Gregor perhaps my MOM..
(possibly sums up how awful we were!)
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Igottheblues 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Aug 16 2008, 11:16 PM, said:

for me... probably for effort, Gregor perhaps my MOM..
(possibly sums up how awful we were!)

Wasnt he sub today, things are bad then.
Unbelievable Jeff

#14 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

View PostIgottheblues, on Aug 16 2008, 11:19 PM, said:

Wasnt he sub today, things are bad then.

played 85 minutes mind!
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Igottheblues 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Aug 16 2008, 11:20 PM, said:

played 85 minutes mind!

Sounds about right then, fetching my tray <_<
Unbelievable Jeff

#16 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

View Postmoondog, on Aug 16 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

Ricos tactical nouse...give the ball to lester.
A new hope.

#17 User is offline   Saltergate81 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:24 AM

View PostTonycfc, on Aug 16 2008, 10:34 PM, said:

Rub and Nose spring to mind in a big way.

I think Knill was being kind to Rico, saying we are a good side etc, he could have really gone to town on us after that performance but he was very diplomatic. Wonder if he'll come back to us next season after taking Bury up this?

#18 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:28 AM

View PostSaltergate81, on Aug 17 2008, 08:24 AM, said:

I think Knill was being kind to Rico, saying we are a good side etc, he could have really gone to town on us after that performance but he was very diplomatic. Wonder if he'll come back to us next season after taking Bury up this?

Blimey charlie two games in, you have seen no more than three league 2 teams and you have decided who is going up? Macclesfield looked world beaters here last season!
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#19 User is offline   little boy blue 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:53 AM

View Postlindave, on Aug 16 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

do you not think wardy ansa to our target man problems then :lol: played more than an hour up front on his own with town lumping high balls up to him!
Seemed even though downes came on high balls still played towards the wee man.

More to come one suspects, austin and page hardly like like players to play the ball about. and both that slow teams will close down quickly meaning kick it up high to wardy.
Bring back BRUNO

#20 User is offline   carlT 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:05 AM

View PostTown_Fan, on Aug 16 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

What utter rubbish. We all know that they won because of the wind and the Chesterfield fans. Its shocking he would suggest otherwise.

Anyway time for MOTD.

you took the wind ot of my sails with that reply :lol: :lol:
to be fair that was a great assessment of the game, someting I would have expected from Lee Richardson.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users