Bob's Board: 6 million quid - Bob's Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 million quid What does it buy you these days?

#1 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:13 PM

Having a look at Burton's ground and the fact they paid 6 million quid for it makes me really fear for what we will end up with at Town. Surely our budget isnt a million miles away from this plus we will have to pay for the land aswell. For a new ground Burton have done what I fear town will do spend all that money on a non descript "stadium" that leaves them little in the way of ambition.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#2 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:36 PM

Town_Fan, on Jan 8 2006, 10:13 PM, said:

Having a look at Burton's ground and the fact they paid 6 million quid for it makes me really fear for what we will end up with at Town. Surely our budget isnt a million miles away from this plus we will have to pay for the land aswell. For a new ground Burton have done what I fear town will do spend all that money on a non descript "stadium" that leaves them little in the way of ambition.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now now town_fan you know our plan is to not pay for the land & to get one of those nasty developers to build it for nothing or for a minimal amount which the council will pay for us.
the same lame brain head in sand attitude that spouts our field of dreams philosophy to new ground: build it & they will come!

#3 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

Town_Fan, on Jan 8 2006, 10:13 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have only seen the exterior (apart from on the television) so cannot comment. However I believe they are still developing the complex.
Peter Whiteley

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users