Gb News Rate Topic: -----

#221 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2024 - 06:04 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 22 March 2024 - 03:18 PM, said:

Well thanks for your honesty, Ian.

You hadn't even bothered watching the link provided, had no idea of what Balls actually asked Letts, but echoed insinuations of bias anyway.

Because you're, erm, 'balanced'.

Is it okay for someone associated with a politician to take part in journalism? Depends on their integrity, as judged by the questions they ask and commentaries they pen (by the way, if y'wanna talk about quasi-incestuous political relationships, the excellent James O'Brien has a book out entitled 'How They Broke Britain' narrating the links between the current crew, news barons, journalists and those secretly funded Tufton Street lobby groups. Very enlightening...).

Either way your last line is pretty much what EB did, though. In a manner of speaking...

As I said Chris, my comment wasnt about what he said in this specific encounter, just that I believe I'd like to see the media being unbiased, and I'd like to think politicians partners werent't interviewing other politicians as its highly unlikely it will be unbiased.

Which I am sure you are all in favour of as you bang on about the biased media all of the time.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#222 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 12:08 PM

'I've been cancelled!'

'It's a Sadiq Khan conspiracy!'

'Woke! Virtue signallers! Lefties!'

Oh, wait... https://www.mirror.c...x-been-32460313

But nowhere near as funny as this... https://www.independ...s-b2518006.html
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#223 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 02:39 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 28 March 2024 - 12:08 PM, said:

'I've been cancelled!'

'It's a Sadiq Khan conspiracy!'

'Woke! Virtue signallers! Lefties!'

Oh, wait... https://www.mirror.c...x-been-32460313

But nowhere near as funny as this... https://www.independ...s-b2518006.html

He is an almighty t**t but there is also an irony in posting on a thread about the biased media and including links to the Mirror and the independent, those last bastians of unbiased reporting. Even the former editor of the paper form of the independent calls the digital form left wing and salacious...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#224 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2024 - 07:07 AM

The intellectual tyrannosaur strikes again...

https://www.thelondo...google_vignette

#225 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 April 2024 - 04:52 PM

Looks like 'Reform' candidates are dropping as fast as tory MP's: https://www.mirror.c...ection-32526613

And: https://www.theguard...-media-help-vet

Not to mention: https://www.bbc.co.u...litics-68761760

So putting aside how familiar to readers of this forum some of the comments for which they've been axed might appear, the whole sorry saga begs two very simple questions: why are so many racists attracted to the right wing party, and what's so different between what they've said and Thirty Pee Lee's mindless rhetoric....?

#226 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2024 - 05:57 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 08 April 2024 - 04:52 PM, said:

Looks like 'Reform' candidates are dropping as fast as tory MP's: https://www.mirror.c...ection-32526613

So putting aside how familiar to readers of this forum some of the comments for which they've been axed might appear, the whole sorry saga begs two very simple questions: why are so many racists attracted to the right wing party, and what's so different between what they've said and Thirty Pee Lee's mindless rhetoric....?

And here is me thinking this post would be about David Lammy being reported for potentially breaching the rules for his LBC show...

silly me...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#227 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2024 - 06:03 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 08 April 2024 - 04:52 PM, said:

Dunno....why are so many racist,anti-Semites attracted to the labour party?

#228 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 April 2024 - 08:37 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 08 April 2024 - 05:57 PM, said:

And here is me thinking this post would be about David Lammy being reported for potentially breaching the rules for his LBC show...

silly me...

To your credit, you did at least offer a selection of what you'd like from an incoming government, Ian.

But the closer a Labour win appears, the more manic your whataboutery's becoming.

Lammy is under investigation by OFCOM for breaking the story of the DUP Leader quitting. Allegedly crossing the line between hosting a phone-in show and becoming what should be an impartial news presenter. Which as a Labour MP he obviously isn't.

However as you've so often claimed exactly that kinda balance, can you show where you posted similar comments highlighting OFCOM condemnation of GB News presenters? Ones actually found guilty of bias to the point of that platform potentially facing sanctions?

Or is it a case of "silly me" for asking...

#229 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2024 - 08:45 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 08 April 2024 - 08:37 PM, said:

To your credit, you did at least offer a selection of what you'd like from an incoming government, Ian.

But the closer a Labour win appears, the more manic your whataboutery's becoming.

Lammy is under investigation by OFCOM for breaking the story of the DUP Leader quitting. Allegedly crossing the line between hosting a phone-in show and becoming what should be an impartial news presenter. Which as a Labour MP he obviously isn't.

However as you've so often claimed exactly that kinda balance, can you show where you posted similar comments highlighting OFCOM condemnation of GB News presenters? Ones actually found guilty of bias to the point of that platform potentially facing sanctions?

Or is it a case of "silly me" for asking...

No, I was calling you out for not mentioning both sides, I've never watched GB news, and dont agree that any serving politician should be given a platform for their views on an impartial tv or radio channel. That's called advertising and they should have to pay for it out of their election funds...

Mind I dont listen to LBC either except when people post links to it on here ;)

Is that balanced enough!

You missed the bit where I said I liked Streetings comments today - even if his logic for them was flawed!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#230 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 09 April 2024 - 05:24 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 08 April 2024 - 08:45 PM, said:

No, I was calling you out for not mentioning both sides, I've never watched GB news, and dont agree that any serving politician should be given a platform for their views on an impartial tv or radio channel. That's called advertising and they should have to pay for it out of their election funds...

Mind I dont listen to LBC either except when people post links to it on here ;)

Is that balanced enough!

You missed the bit where I said I liked Streetings comments today - even if his logic for them was flawed!

Just the one, Ian.

A single occasion you've called out the incestuous relationship between Tory MP's on GeeBeebies with the zeal you've grabbed at the Lammy straw.

Y'know, just for balance, like...

#231 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2024 - 06:12 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 09 April 2024 - 05:24 AM, said:

Just the one, Ian.

A single occasion you've called out the incestuous relationship between Tory MP's on GeeBeebies with the zeal you've grabbed at the Lammy straw.

Y'know, just for balance, like...

ts a bit like when I'm in a meeting Chris, I dont feel the need to repeat the stuff that has already been said (I leave that to the people who like the sound of their own voices) and I'll just add the bits no one else is saying, even if unpopular....

Can rely on you to say the stuff about GB news / Tory presenters, so just filling in the unpopular bits you forget....

A bit like you've forgotten to comment on Streeting's views on solving the NHS crisis.

I expect you'll have a view on how Reeves plans to pay for stuff by raising £5bn from reducing tax evasion and avoidance - even if its dropped from .5% of amounts due to 4.8% under current govt. Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see evasion stopped - especially the cash in hand gigs - but its a bit of a cop out for a strategy... Be like us saying we will make more money by charging more - without knowing how we were going to justify charging more...

But so far, this week, two decent comments that are heading in the right direction...even if the reasons are wrong!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#232 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 09 April 2024 - 09:12 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 09 April 2024 - 06:12 AM, said:

ts a bit like when I'm in a meeting Chris, I dont feel the need to repeat the stuff that has already been said (I leave that to the people who like the sound of their own voices) and I'll just add the bits no one else is saying, even if unpopular....

Can rely on you to say the stuff about GB news / Tory presenters, so just filling in the unpopular bits you forget....

A bit like you've forgotten to comment on Streeting's views on solving the NHS crisis.

I expect you'll have a view on how Reeves plans to pay for stuff by raising £5bn from reducing tax evasion and avoidance - even if its dropped from .5% of amounts due to 4.8% under current govt. Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see evasion stopped - especially the cash in hand gigs - but its a bit of a cop out for a strategy... Be like us saying we will make more money by charging more - without knowing how we were going to justify charging more...

But so far, this week, two decent comments that are heading in the right direction...even if the reasons are wrong!

A long winded way of saying you can't, then.

So much for balance...

#233 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2024 - 11:05 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 09 April 2024 - 09:12 AM, said:

A long winded way of saying you can't, then.

So much for balance...

I dont need to, I cant stand GB news or the presenters on it so I dont watch it which means I cant comment on what they say...

But you do it anyway, so the balance is my ying to your yang...

Still no comments on Streetings view on NHS.... its pretty important topic....!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#234 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 10 April 2024 - 07:21 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 09 April 2024 - 11:05 AM, said:

I dont need to, I cant stand GB news or the presenters on it so I dont watch it which means I cant comment on what they say...

But you do it anyway, so the balance is my ying to your yang...

Still no comments on Streetings view on NHS.... its pretty important topic....!

I don't abuse my beer battered brain cells by watching it either, but what about your tax pounds... https://www.thelondo...gb-news-372201/

However it seems even this venom vehicle isn't vitriolic enough for some... https://www.express....culture-Twitter

#235 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:35 PM

The poster boy for his party, a hundred grand a year to appear on GeeBeebies, but can he spell his own name....?

https://metro.co.uk/...error-20640909/

#236 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2024 - 11:01 PM

That thick posh **** Tice killing his own career tonight on Question Time - lovely to see

#237 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 April 2024 - 04:10 PM

And today in right wing grifters getting their comeuppance… Laurence Fox has to pay £90k each to two people he called pedos on Twitter. You love to see it.

#238 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 04:18 PM

Goku, on 25 April 2024 - 04:10 PM, said:

And today in right wing grifters getting their comeuppance… Laurence Fox has to pay £90k each to two people he called pedos on Twitter. You love to see it.

Perhaps a timely message to those thinking it clever to bandy such slurs with mindlessly casual ease...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 25 April 2024 - 04:26 PM

#239 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted Yesterday, 08:32 PM

View PostGoku, on 25 April 2024 - 04:10 PM, said:

Just watched a “best bits of Lee Anderson” clip on YouTube. Those he questions are absolutely floundering in a sea of bigotry of their own making. They’re clueless when asked to expand on their far left statements. They cough and splutter when they realise their own bigoted views have been exposed. Although I must admit some of them have been that quick to embrace left wing bigotry, to conform to the Woke left agenda, that it’s understandable that, when questioned on the subject, they’re actually clueless.
I’m in the Bolsover constituency so no idea where my X will go, although certainly not at the side of Labour, I can’t vote for a left wing bigoted party, just like I couldn’t vote for a left wing antisemitic party in 2019, some people can, and that’s their prerogative, we live in a democracy after all, but I’ve long since cast Labour aside, and if I was an Ashfield resident it would be Reform and Anderson all day long.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: Yesterday, 08:47 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#240 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted Yesterday, 08:52 PM

Mr Mercury, on 26 April 2024 - 08:32 PM, said:

Just watched a “best bits of Lee Anderson” clip on YouTube. Those he questions are absolutely floundering in a sea of bigotry of their own making. They’re clueless when asked to expand on their far left statements. They cough and splutter when they realise their own bigoted views have been exposed. Although I must admit some of them have been that quick to embrace left wing bigotry to conform to the Woke left agenda that it’s understandable that when questioned on the subject they’re actually clueless.
I’m in the Bolsover constituency so no idea where my X will go, although certainly not at the side of Labour, I can’t vote for a left wing bigoted party, just like I couldn’t vote for a left wing antisemitic party in 2019 , I’ve long since cast them aside, but if I was an Ashfield resident it would be Reform and Anderson all day long.

https://youtu.be/KHp...YOCBJzbspqDkCYp

Instead of writing all that garbled brainwashed buzzword nonsense, enjoy this video. I liked the bit where he fed Brendan Clarke-Smith baked beans

To be fair he might end up as Boza’s Green Party representative in a few years time given he migrates to whichever party takes his fancy at the time #KingGrifter

This post has been edited by Goku: Yesterday, 08:59 PM

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users