• You cannot reply to this topic

Gboly Offer

#341 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 30 August 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

You are exaggerating the Anderson headers to epic proportions imo. I don't think we were any worse without Evo, midfield was the problem

Anderson had some qualities but heading the ball wasn't one of them. He won plenty but they went nowhere. The danger often came from the second ball when they fell to oncoming midfielders. We had far more than a midfield problem last year, we were poor.

#342 User is offline   Spireite82 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:21 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 30 August 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

You are exaggerating the Anderson headers to epic proportions imo. I don't think we were any worse without Evo, midfield was the problem

I think we missed Evo last massively last year and in my opinion we are (normally) much stronger when he is playing. Hird and Evo my first choices by a mile. As for Saturday I think it was one of those games where most players had an off day and they were very difficult to handle. I think Evo looks like he's carrying a few more KGs this season - not good.

My view of the goals and Fulton (as an ex goalkeeper myself):

Goal 1) Tommy would have saved it but remember shot-stopping is Tommy's main strength. The shot may have taken a slight deflection, but Fulton will be disappointed. I think the shot was in the most awkward place for tall goalkeepers, making it very difficult to get down - could he have stuck out a leg perhaps (see Vorm's save this weekend)?

Goal 2) No blame. Good goal. Tommy would not have saved it.

Goal 3) A lucky, over hit clearance and poor defending. Fultons starting position was good. I actually think Tommy would have done exactly the same. The way the ball bounced made it impossible for the keeper to come out, or retreat. I think the defenders should be blamed for this one.

One thing I noticed about Fulton was his poor distribution. Tommy's distribution is far superior.

Summary - embarrassing performances throughout, therefore, unfair to just blame Fulton. All defence were shocking and midfield were in hiding. We need to forget and move on.

#343 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

Was disappointing Saturday as midfield had been looking decent for once. Strongest opposition we have faced at home but no excuse for some of the stray passing.

#344 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostSpireite82, on 30 August 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

for me, the defence as a unit shoulder most of the blame for the second.

When there is no pressure on the ball in midfield (irrelevant of the stray pass from DD), the defence should drop as a unit, but only Hird did this leaving their guy onside but in behind Evatt.

They have been playing well together so far so no reason for changes for me.

#345 User is offline   Tonycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Booze, Football, Booze

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:36 AM

The problem for me started with the GK. I lost count the amount of time the goal kicks were punted up front and came straight back. We were inviting more an more pressure. We stopped it in the second half, and stopped some of the pressure.

It went like this,
CFC GK, Millwall header, Millwall attack, CFC GK and repeat
We are all off to the B2NET

#346 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 30 August 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

We missed Evvo chronically last year. He's the only player in the squad who can head a ball and get distance on it. The amount of balls Anderson headed that fell just outside the area putting us under further pressure was ridiculous

I thought there was something not quite right with evatts heading on Saturday, everything seemed to loop up in the air, I didn't think he was connecting properly.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#347 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:20 AM

View Postdtp, on 29 August 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

But, the point is Fulton wasn't totally to blame for the third goal.

Regarding his positioning, yes he was in no-mans land but (1) should he have stayed on his line like no goalkeeper does when we are attacking, or (2) should he have charged out further where he couldn't handle the ball but only try to do the job both CBs had failed to do?

I've heard arguments for and against both (1) and (2) so, what is your opinion and that of the expert goalkeepers on this board?

I don't think Fulton read the situation very well, evatt is slow and doesn't turn very well, I know it, you know it and after six weeks of training with him Fulton should certainly know it.
As soon as the ball left their defenders boot I looked to see which defender it would bounce nearest and could see the goal scenario unfolding. Looking back on the highlights Fulton froze on the edge of his box, it was all in front of him to be able to read the situation, he froze and made morrisons mind up for him.
Personally I think he should have got back and hoped hird could have got across to help him out.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#348 User is offline   JIMMYJAZZ 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:33 AM

Rejected 800k offer from Brentford....

#349 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:35 AM

View Posttbag27, on 28 August 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Well he is in donkey Derby as we speak eating dinner with two of his mates discussing where they are going tonight so don't think he is going anywhere soon.

drinking?

48 hours before a game suggests he won't be involved tonight?

#350 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 30 August 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

drinking?

48 hours before a game suggests he won't be involved tonight?

Nor should he be playing.

#351 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostSpireite82, on 30 August 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

I think we missed Evo last massively last year and in my opinion we are (normally) much stronger when he is playing. Hird and Evo my first choices by a mile. As for Saturday I think it was one of those games where most players had an off day and they were very difficult to handle. I think Evo looks like he's carrying a few more KGs this season - not good.

My view of the goals and Fulton (as an ex goalkeeper myself):

Goal 1) Tommy would have saved it but remember shot-stopping is Tommy's main strength. The shot may have taken a slight deflection, but Fulton will be disappointed. I think the shot was in the most awkward place for tall goalkeepers, making it very difficult to get down - could he have stuck out a leg perhaps (see Vorm's save this weekend)?

Goal 3) A lucky, over hit clearance and poor defending. Fultons starting position was good. I actually think Tommy would have done exactly the same. The way the ball bounced made it impossible for the keeper to come out, or retreat. I think the defenders should be blamed for this one.

One thing I noticed about Fulton was his poor distribution. Tommy's distribution is far superior.

Summary - embarrassing performances throughout, therefore, unfair to just blame Fulton. All defence were shocking and midfield were in hiding. We need to forget and move on.

Evo's time is up mate unfortunately, the writing was on the wall last season. He reminds of Brecks in his last stages, still got the leadership skills, still a good organizer and dominant in the air, but on the floor he's far too slow and when quick strikers run at him he's all over the place. Because he's a legend and he has been so good in the past it's sometimes difficult to accept that he is now a liability. Because it's Evo he gets away with little criticism. However if he had no links to us and we just signed this slow aging centre back, the crowd would be all over him.

Time to get a new centre back in and let Evo take a back seat.
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#352 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostJIMMYJAZZ, on 30 August 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

Thanks for the update and for trying to get this topic back on course.

#353 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:43 PM

If bid is true, then poker face has turned down £40k. Must be confident of getting a million offer

#354 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:19 PM

Sorry, don't know where you got your information from but you are way off the mark. They did put in a sensible offer on the table compared to Barnsley but their offer included promotion, appearances and International games.
There is another Championship club chasing Gboly and have turned his head with 6k per week. Gboly is in the middle of changing agents but as yet they will not sign a new contract. As stated DA values Gboly and has put his own price tag on the lads head. I hope they get somewhere near that figure but unlike others, I do think CT will get the best deal for the club.

I can see our problem being cash flow, we've gone from 7k fans to 6k fans and now it looks like we've bottomed at 5k fans. With not making any money over the previous 2 years, I can see us having to sell to bridge the financial gap yet again!
I understand why supporters are keeping away & why sponsors aren't renewing, but it will be bad for the club. DA is not lining his pockets out of CFC, he is getting a return on his loans the same as other directors. I can't see us reducing the debt (or loans) unless we sell Gboly & Evans for serious money.

Z
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#355 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostZorro, on 30 August 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

I can see our problem being cash flow, we've gone from 7k fans to 6k fans and now it looks like we've bottomed at 5k fans. With not making any money over the previous 2 years, I can see us having to sell to bridge the financial gap yet again!
I understand why supporters are keeping away & why sponsors aren't renewing, but it will be bad for the club. DA is not lining his pockets out of CFC, he is getting a return on his loans the same as other directors. I can't see us reducing the debt (or loans) unless we sell Gboly & Evans for serious money.

Z

A prudent CEO would have factored in a reduced cash flow from attendance as an expected outcome of the plan to sell his best players.

The pie and peas supper will be deliberately delayed until the AGM renders it superfluous.

If fans mistakenly believe that DA is lining his pockets, will AC open up historical detailed accounts to prove he isn't? Ironically, if he has then I wouldn't be too bothered. It's his company and if a block of money out of CFC makes his entire empire more stable then I could live with that. In fact, I'd be relieved 'cos I honestly can't think of any other legal reason for the complete shambles we are experiencing.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#356 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:49 PM

It is a bit depressing a club like Brentford offering £800K

Most of my footballing life CFC have been equals with them
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#357 User is offline   Tatooine Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Spireites, Music, Films... nothing out of the ordinary!

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

Sorry, don't know where you got your information from but you are way off the mark. They did put in a sensible offer on the table compared to Barnsley but their offer included promotion, appearances and International games.
There is another Championship club chasing Gboly and have turned his head with 6k per week. Gboly is in the middle of changing agents but as yet they will not sign a new contract. As stated DA values Gboly and has put his own price tag on the lads head. I hope they get somewhere near that figure but unlike others, I do think CT will get the best deal for the club.

Z

Sky Sports Story

#358 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

Z

Probably Sky because they are reporting it
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#359 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

View Postazul, on 30 August 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

Probably Sky because they are reporting it

They probably got their info' from Bobs Board.
The Barnsley chairman will be at the game tonight but Derby are the highest bidders so far ;)

Z
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#360 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 30 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 30 August 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

I thought there was something not quite right with evatts heading on Saturday, everything seemed to loop up in the air, I didn't think he was connecting properly.

Something not right with him altogether

Share this topic:

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users