#281 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:29 AM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 27 August 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

Give over Chris. If the price was right he'd be gone irrespective what anyone says on this board.

Nah. I think he's got a point here. Maybe he'd have gone with a hefty sell on clause by now but the powers that be must surely be wanting the customers back on their side again now so they're holding out. I very seriously doubt that he'll be here when the window closes but it'll be for a price that the crowd will probably be split on rather than him being traded for 5 magic beans........with clauses.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#282 User is online   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:39 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 27 August 2016 - 06:27 AM, said:

Heard the same.

I think 'Bob's Board' members ought to pat themselves on the back, as were it not for the focus they've brought to various issues allied to the legitimate protests of fans I can't help thinking Ariyibi would've been off by now.

Or, conversely, have the Bob's Board members helped to keep the bidding low by questioning the alleged original asking price, pointing out Gboly's faults, emphasising his period of development with us, and indicating our owners can't wait to sell because of our financial plight?

#283 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:45 AM

View Postdtp, on 27 August 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

Or, conversely, have the Bob's Board members helped to keep the bidding low by questioning the alleged original asking price, pointing out Gboly's faults, emphasising his period of development with us, and indicating our owners can't wait to sell because of our financial plight?

That's an interesting take on it, if you were a manager or owner of a club would you go on the players team message board and see what the fans think, I think I would. Maybe the bile spouted by some about certain things including players can have a negative effect on perceived value by other clubs ?
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#284 User is offline   spireite0312 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, football and maybe more football

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostSabreman, on 27 August 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

That's an interesting take on it, if you were a manager or owner of a club would you go on the players team message board and see what the fans think, I think I would. Maybe the bile spouted by some about certain things including players can have a negative effect on perceived value by other clubs ?

I probably would check forums too, although on the flip side; you will have seen some of the nonsense (not all of it, granted) on your own forums!

#285 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:56 AM

To think what we put on Bob's Board has any sway on decisions made at the club in laughable.
If the price is right, the owner will sell irrespective of what anyone says.
Business is business.

#286 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

View Postdanblue, on 27 August 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

To think what we put on Bob's Board has any sway on decisions made at the club in laughable.
If the price is right, the owner will sell irrespective of what anyone says.
Business is business.

I agree but it certainly raises questions and debate
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#287 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:05 AM

View Postdanblue, on 27 August 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

Business is business.

you don't think our efforts influenced the choice of Commercial Manager?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#288 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:37 AM

Patrick Cryne - Paul, now that we have the money from Everton you can sign a couple of players. Anyone in mind?
Paul Heckingbottom - yeah, that Ariyibi from Chesterfield interests me.
PC - ok - how much should we bid?
PH - well, he's still a bit raw, and scouting reports say he still need to work on a few things, but he may be worth a cheeky bid to test the water
PC - OK I'll tell you what. I'll read bobs board and depending on what they say I will bid an appropriate amount,,after all if they are all negative we can assume he's gash and ignore the scouts and match reports can't we.
PH - exactly boss. Fans forums are THE place to go for accurate summaries on players ability and contributions to teams, a players development etc. no better way to asses a players true ability and worth than Bobs board.

Bit early to be on the sauce at ten to nine in the morning isn't it?

#289 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostThe Gimp, on 27 August 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

Patrick Cryne - Paul, now that we have the money from Everton you can sign a couple of players. Anyone in mind?
PH - well, he's still a bit raw, and scouting reports say he still need to work on a few things, but he may be worth a cheeky bid to test the water
PC - OK I'll tell you what. I'll read bobs board and depending on what they say I will bid an appropriate amount,,after all if they are all negative we can assume he's gash and ignore the scouts and match reports can't we.
PH - exactly boss. Fans forums are THE place to go for accurate summaries on players ability and contributions to teams, a players development etc. no better way to asses a players true ability and worth than Bobs board.

Ha ha love it.

Fully agree!
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#290 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 26 August 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

He will end up going next week for about 750k - A lot may depend on his performance tomorrow, should he play.

Nah his performance has been noted over the past few weeks with all the scouts.

I was hoping he'd still be here to torment the Blunts.

He'll certainly be a big miss.

I hope DW has replacements lined up for a last minute frenzy - and CT please make sure the fax is full of paper please.

God I hate this league.

#291 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:37 AM

You are outrageous. Absolutely outrageous.

#292 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 27 August 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

I hope DW has replacements lined up for a last minute frenzy - and CT please make sure the fax is full of paper please.

Nah what?

A further outstanding performance today could attract more interest and the fee increasing? If a deals not already done, there will be several clubs in attendance.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#293 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 27 August 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

Or not working as in another era :windup

#294 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:51 AM

View PostThe Gimp, on 27 August 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

Lol, very witty for you Dave ;)

Whilst I can see one or two delving onto fans forums seeing as they just can't help themselves and the need to know every last morsel of detail, I can't for the life of me see this as being the norm :rolleyes:
#notapennymore

#295 User is online   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostGoku, on 27 August 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

You are outrageous. Absolutely outrageous.

Thank you Goku - it's appreciated.

#296 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:17 AM

I was gonna say 'johnny' is right, that managers only base signings upon hard nosed scouting reports and intelligence.

However I then remembered Saunders...

Seriously, though, my point is there does now seem to be a certain sensitivity on the Club's part that maybe didn't exist before. 'Rafflegate'? Meetings being arranged? Carson's dialogue with 'Zorro' and 'Moondog'? The re-instatement of the Fans Forum?

I'm not for one minute suggesting our sometimes abrasive chairman won't do exactly what he pleases, but I do kinda get the impression one or two others are looking over their shoulders.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#297 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:53 AM

Does anyone think GA will be gone by Wednesday ?

He was anonymous a lot on Saturday like most of the team to be honest, but it can't have added much to his valuation.

If he is sold perhaps the money will pay off SEB and Danny could get a couple of quality players in.

#298 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 28 August 2016 - 08:53 AM, said:

Does anyone think GA will be gone by Wednesday ?

He was anonymous a lot on Saturday like most of the team to be honest, but it can't have added much to his valuation.

If he is sold perhaps the money will pay off SEB and Danny could get a couple of quality players in.

I believe he will be gone by Wednesday. What notes do you think the scouts would have made yesterday on Bolys performance?
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#299 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

he started playing in the last 5 mins, he suddenly realised he would be stuck in that team until January unless he bucked his ideas up

#300 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 28 August 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

I was gonna say 'johnny' is right, that managers only base signings upon hard nosed scouting reports and intelligence.

However I then remembered Saunders...

Seriously, though, my point is there does now seem to be a certain sensitivity on the Club's part that maybe didn't exist before. 'Rafflegate'? Meetings being arranged? Carson's dialogue with 'Zorro' and 'Moondog'? The re-instatement of the Fans Forum?

I'm not for one minute suggesting our sometimes abrasive chairman won't do exactly what he pleases, but I do kinda get the impression one or two others are looking over their shoulders.

Morning.
I don't think you can include Saunders when assessing what a manager would do as he clearly wasn't a proper one !!

I agree with you that there seems to be an acceptance to a degree of PR and communications failings in the summer. The sacking after raffle gate, the removal of CT from public life and the introduction of the more polished AC being cases in point.

However, if an offer iro of 500k to 750k is received before Wednesday then GA will be off. Before yesterday I would have being against that preferring him to remain until January at least. In my opinion he's not ready for championship football. He is still mightily inconsistent and whilst yesterday was poor from 1 to 11 I don't think his attitude was right either.

But, if he does go AND DA trousers the cash then we are in for a long, long winter of attrition and disappointment. If we sacrifice GA's inconsistent brilliance the money MUST be used to strengthen the squad and provide more balance.

We need a left back. Jones' future must be in doubt. DD isn't a full back ( btw the muppets dishing out the verbals to him yesterday must have incredibly small genitalia and should take a look at themselves ).

We need a replacement for Evatt. He is now losing physical battles as well as being as mobile as a diplodocus.

We're stuck with him until TL is back but Fulton worries me big time too.

Oh and a replacement for GA - Mitchell was a rare positive yesterday however.

What are the chances? I'm not holding my breath.

This post has been edited by jonnythespireite: 28 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

Share this topic:

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users