• You cannot reply to this topic

The End Of Labour? Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:49 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 07 May 2021 - 11:42 PM, said:

So if they arent stupid but they voted for Brexit and they voted against Labour several times, what are you saying...

Yes, be slicker. Its not a crime, marketing works. We might not like to admit it but when we buy Heinz, or maybe even Tesco, or perhaps BMW or Ford, we are won over by the message of the brand. Tony understood it. New Labour was a brand. Go for it. Play the game. Win and have effect rather than ignore and have none...

And yet again I see accusations of folk thinking the electorate are stupid.

Quickly followed by an admission those same folk're susceptible to advertising.

Which is exactly what I've been saying all along. Be that 'advertising' propaganda via the written, broadcast or social media.

That's why billions upon billions is spent manipulating public opinion every year. Be it 'advertising' baked beans, high end motors or the tory party.

A tory party which can afford far, far more 'advertising' than everyone else. As well as that it gets for free from Fleet Street.

Here's the thing, though; whilst political advertising is strictly regulated on some platforms - it's illegal for any presenter on any station to even discuss elections during purdah - it's perfectly legal to spend millions bombarding targeted voters with 'Facebook' or 'Twitter' or other e-influences. As happened on the day of the Referendum and the last few elections.

Hence my suggestion SKS adopts a policy applying the same rules to that >ahem< 'canvassing' as every other outlet...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#82 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:58 AM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 08 May 2021 - 08:22 AM, said:

The missing question on BBC breakfast this morning when it went back to the studio this morning was ' So, Chris, why didn't you ask them what that has got anything whatsoever to do with labour?'. It wasn't asked.

The back story

Chris Mason on a ship in Hartlepool interviewing a vicar and and father and son earlier this morning.

After the Labour supporting vicar expressed concerns about poverty and foodbanks, without comment Mason quickly turned to the son (businessman).

Son said that he was pleased that the Tories won.

His father then talked nervously about following heritage and voting labour. His father then got a bit angry and said that Labour have let the area down so he's pleased that the Tories won. His son started nodding in agreement. Without prompting (I think) the dad said that Labour have let down the local hospitals. The son then came up with saying that the local hospital has so few doctors that he was worried that his recent child would need to be transferred to another hospital. And that it was Labours fault. The father nodded his agreement

and so, given the opportunity to ask these two guys how the hell it is Labour's fault that their local hospitals have insufficient doctors, Mason opted to go down the route of asking the son about him having had two kids during lockdown. Mason got a bit 'ooh err missus, you've been a bit 'busy' eh eh! phwwaaar!' He then cut back to the studio.

At least I think that it was Chris Mason, it could have been Alan Partridge to be honest.

The Labour candidate, Dr Paul Williams, actually works at the local hospital. Before and during the election. Infact he was at the forefront of opposition to the TORY cuts which saw some services leave. However was in the end forced to accept them and make the best of a bad job. Putting patients first.

He then successfully campaigned to return some services. And funding.

However what do the locals believe? That it's him and a Labour party out of power for eleven years to blame. That the tories in power and the Bozo who voted for NHS cuts will change things for the better.

But hey, voters aren't susceptible to propaganda...

#83 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2021 - 10:10 AM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 08 May 2021 - 09:34 AM, said:

It would seem that the BBC think that the general public want to hear a bit of banter about lockdown babies rather than politics on the morning after a significant set of results - even when a member of the public says something political that is patently nonsense.

February 2020.

The world faced an emerging pandemic.

Multi-millions were locked down in China whilst health services all over Europe were becoming overwhelmed.

People were already dying in their thousands.

But Bozo's priority - kick start 'Cygnus'? COBRA meetings? Close borders?

Nah, much more important to get Big Ben to 'bong' for Brexit, an extended and taxpayer funded love-in with his latest mistress and bullying the BBC into such silence.

Well as 'Meatloaf' told us two out of three ain't bad...

#84 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2021 - 10:31 AM

Oh dear, the predicted obliteration and decade (if not two) of Tory power gains more momentum....no surprise to me, mind.

As I said, pandering to the woke brigade and these small groups of whatevers (I include trans in that), will be the final nail in the coffin for Labour. And that condescending pile of crap Starmer gave that publican, which many mocked, did him no favours. An opposition bench that is full of anti British, anti establishment, anti white, BLM supporting morons, doesn't help either. Thinking four (out of four) black presenters on Loose Women and six (out of six) black contestants on Strike it Lucky is somehow a good representation of diversity in the UK, just shows how out of touch these idiots are. The average working class person doesn't want that type of crap rammed down their throats. They also don't want to see statues being toppled and thrown into rivers; the leader of the opposition taking the knee at every opportunity; Labour MPs lecturing them about LGBTQ, none binary, etc. The only people this type of stuff appeals to are the intellectual, sanctimonious, supercilious, Guardian reading, sense of superiority, lefty elites. The red wall has gone and if Labour don't make enormous shifts in the right directions it will never return. If people cannot see that the likes of Abbott, Butler, Nandy, Thornberry and Lammy, etc, do not represent the views of the average working class British person, there is absolutely no hope for the Labour party.

Andy Burnham is the only answer to get the working classes back to Labour. At least he's not a multimillionaire, living in the Islington bubble, knee taking idiot.

I wonder what explanation will be given for losing Hartlepool...hmmmmmm 🤔

Could it be:
Brexit - no, that's been done
Immigration - no, still coming over in huge numbers
Ceding fishing rights - nope
Boris's home decor spending spree - nope
The shocking handling of covid - nope
Oh, it's the huge corruption and mates' contracts related to covid - nope

God, what could it be? Oh yeah, let's blame Jeremy Corbyn 🙄 how lame....

Labour couldn't be any further removed from normal, working class people and Starmer has absolutely nothing to say to ordinary folk.

#85 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2021 - 10:43 AM

View PostMisnomer, on 08 May 2021 - 10:31 AM, said:

Oh dear, the predicted obliteration and decade (if not two) of Tory power gains more momentum....no surprise to me, mind.

As I said, pandering to the woke brigade and these small groups of whatevers (I include trans in that), will be the final nail in the coffin for Labour. And that condescending pile of crap Starmer gave that publican, which many mocked, did him no favours. An opposition bench that is full of anti British, anti establishment, anti white, BLM supporting morons, doesn't help either. Thinking four (out of four) black presenters on Loose Women and six (out of six) black contestants on Strike it Lucky is somehow a good representation of diversity in the UK, just shows how out of touch these idiots are. The average working class person doesn't want that type of crap rammed down their throats. They also don't want to see statues being toppled and thrown into rivers; the leader of the opposition taking the knee at every opportunity; Labour MPs lecturing them about LGBTQ, none binary, etc. The only people this type of stuff appeals to are the intellectual, sanctimonious, supercilious, Guardian reading, sense of superiority, lefty elites. The red wall has gone and if Labour don't make enormous shifts in the right directions it will never return. If people cannot see that the likes of Abbott, Butler, Nandy, Thornberry and Lammy, etc, do not represent the views of the average working class British person, there is absolutely no hope for the Labour party.

Andy Burnham is the only answer to get the working classes back to Labour. At least he's not a multimillionaire, living in the Islington bubble, knee taking idiot.

Could it be:

Labour couldn't be any further removed from normal, working class people and Starmer has absolutely nothing to say to ordinary folk.

'HOUSE!!!'

#86 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostMisnomer, on 08 May 2021 - 10:31 AM, said:

Could it be:

The village idiot was actually upset that there were 6 black people on Strike it Lucky 😂😂😂😂😂

#87 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2021 - 10:59 AM

For the record Labour once again bucked some national trends in Chesterfield.

Infact the tories lost their only County Council seat!!!

Birdholme Lab
Boythorpe &
Brampton South Lab
Brimington Lab
Loundsley Green LibDem
Spire Lab
St Marys Lab
Staveley Lab
Staveley North LibDem
Walton & West LibDem

All I can guess is Town's full of BLM loving, knee taking, WOAK, anti-Brit, anti-establishment, anti-white, statue toppling, LGBT, condescending Guardian reading metropolitan elitist morons who haven't a clue what real working class folk want.

Look on the bright side, though - be terrific for property prices...

#88 User is offline   joe 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:26 AM

View PostQuaker, on 08 May 2021 - 09:05 AM, said:

The biggest challenge Labour face are themselves. Because they refuse to understand what the general public want to hear.

Just out of interest what are the amazing policies the tories offer the working class man. Don't forget they only gpt about 30% of those who voted. Is it just brexit ?

#89 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:27 AM

View Postjoe, on 08 May 2021 - 11:26 AM, said:

Just out of interest what are the amazing policies the tories offer the working class man. Don't forget they only gpt about 30% of those who voted. Is it just brexit ?

The biggest thing they’re offering the working man at the moment is that they arnt Labour.
East stand second class citizen.

#90 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:35 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 07 May 2021 - 09:24 PM, said:

Help me out here.
If you’re banned from Twitter for championing women’s rights over transgender rights, is that a good thing re social media monitoring or a bad thing?

I think that it's a bad thing, Mr M. I believe that should be free to express the truth about biological sex and why it matters. I don't do this by slighting transgender people. My only concern is preserving single sex spaces for women. You know, so that you and I don't need to take a **** together at the snooker :lol: And more importantly, so that I can see a female doctor if I choose to and that there will be no males in the domestic violence safe house that I may one day need. Or in the prison, which hopefully I'll never need. That's the focus of my argument.

But I agree with Goku. I have felt a lot better since my Twitter access was revoked. I no longer need to read that I should "suck on my lady dick" from a trans rights activist. Thanks for the offer, mate but if I fancy doing any dick sucking then I'll be choosing which dicks to suck! Think I'll give it a miss for this afternoon and stream the Woking game instead :D

#91 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:45 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 08 May 2021 - 08:09 AM, said:

Until Labour apoint a charismatic leader, someone who connects with the public, says what they want to hear, and gives Boris a good kicking every now and again, they are going nowhere,best thing SKS can do is resign, he doesn't have the backing of the public, it needs a northern leader, someone who knows the country doesn't end at Northampton.

Jess Phillips?
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#92 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2021 - 01:03 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 08 May 2021 - 10:59 AM, said:

For the record Labour once again bucked some national trends in Chesterfield.

Infact the tories lost their only County Council seat!!!

Birdholme Lab
Boythorpe &
Brampton South Lab
Brimington Lab
Loundsley Green LibDem
Spire Lab
St Marys Lab
Staveley Lab
Staveley North LibDem
Walton & West LibDem

All I can guess is Town's full of BLM loving, knee taking, WOAK, anti-Brit, anti-establishment, anti-white, statue toppling, LGBT, condescending Guardian reading metropolitan elitist morons who haven't a clue what real working class folk want.

Look on the bright side, though - be terrific for property prices...

No wonder our football club never seems to have any luck.

#93 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2021 - 01:09 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 08 May 2021 - 09:49 AM, said:

And yet again I see accusations of folk thinking the electorate are stupid.

Quickly followed by an admission those same folk're susceptible to advertising.

Which is exactly what I've been saying all along. Be that 'advertising' propaganda via the written, broadcast or social media.

That's why billions upon billions is spent manipulating public opinion every year. Be it 'advertising' baked beans, high end motors or the tory party.

A tory party which can afford far, far more 'advertising' than everyone else. As well as that it gets for free from Fleet Street.

Here's the thing, though; whilst political advertising is strictly regulated on some platforms - it's illegal for any presenter on any station to even discuss elections during purdah - it's perfectly legal to spend millions bombarding targeted voters with 'Facebook' or 'Twitter' or other e-influences. As happened on the day of the Referendum and the last few elections.

Hence my suggestion SKS adopts a policy applying the same rules to that >ahem< 'canvassing' as every other outlet...

I didnt say the electorate are stupid, if that was aimed at me. I said they arent that interested and want easy to digest soundbites that they can grab hold of. They need to be fed info that grabs attention and makes them want to vote that way. Blair understood that. Labour havent since. Its not just about money, its about having the right people deciding how they address this stuff - and I am not sure those who are advising or trying to set policy have that modern way of thinking. Show of hands, all out - worked well for decades, why do we need to change ;)

And along with those soundbites a bloke or woman that the average man in the street can relate to, not the 18 to 25 year olds, most of them will vote Labour anyway, but the 35 plus age group who have their own priorities.

Burnham would be ideal, I think. Not sure how he'd do in the Home Counties but he has passion, he sounds normal, and he is the age group that would appeal.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#94 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2021 - 03:48 PM

Chris, read the two red wall books.You won't like what they say, but the books say what these ex labour voters reasons for leaving for the tories are.

This post has been edited by DEATH: 08 May 2021 - 04:01 PM

A new hope.

#95 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 May 2021 - 03:52 PM

View PostDEATH, on 08 May 2021 - 03:48 PM, said:

Chris, read the two red wall books.

You won’t like what they say, but the books say what these ex labour voters reasons for leaving the tories are.

Chris would dismiss it. Unless of course it agrees with his thought process.

#96 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 May 2021 - 03:56 PM

I've just been listening to Rebbeca Long-Bailey. When asked about the policies Labour would offer she said that every young person would be guaranteed a high paid job. That's great, now explain how you would do that......... It all goes quiet.

#97 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2021 - 04:07 PM

View PostQuaker, on 08 May 2021 - 03:56 PM, said:

I've just been listening to Rebbeca Long-Bailey. When asked about the policies Labour would offer she said that every young person would be guaranteed a high paid job. That's great, now explain how you would do that......... It all goes quiet.

Does every young person deserve a high paying job, merely on the basis that they're ..... well, young?

There are some incredibly talented young people about. And there are plenty of young f**kwits too. Yep, they're just the same as older people (like me), only a bit better looking and a bit less saggy and wrinkly :wacko:

#98 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2021 - 04:08 PM

The Earl of Chesterfield said:

1620470635[/url]' post='1580395']
'HOUSE!!!'

And yet, Khalid Mahmood statement yesterday said a lot of misnomer said, toned down somewhat and a little more diplomatic I grant you....but the basic sentiment...........
A new hope.

#99 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2021 - 04:16 PM

View PostQuaker, on 08 May 2021 - 03:56 PM, said:

She's just another flake.

#100 User is offline   turrhall 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2021 - 04:27 PM

View Poststevie_b, on 08 May 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

Does every young person deserve a high paying job, merely on the basis that they're ..... well, young?

There are some incredibly talented young people about. And there are plenty of young f**kwits too. Yep, they're just the same as older people (like me), only a bit better looking and a bit less saggy and wrinkly :wacko:

No, but everybody should be entitled to a job that they can afford to live on, which I imagine is what she means.

Share this topic:

• (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users