• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

colin larkin talkin to darlo now

#41 Guest_Mark Jones_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:35 AM

So, could Larkin be our second summer signing?

I think he will be the new fans scapegoat to be honest, a couple of posters over on spirezine are indicating it is a bad move before the lad has even kicked a ball for us.

If I am honest I don't know much about him, who he last played for doesn't bother me, players play differently under different managers, I am fully confident Roy will get the best out of him.

If he does sign I welcome him as a Spireite and I will cheer the lad on as we all should. However, I doubt everyone will feel the same.

Give him a chance..

#42 User is offline   dannypearson 

• MBB Players player of the year
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:footy and beer.

currently addicted to ebay and on line poker

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:00 AM

Mark Jones, on Jun 11 2005, 08:35 AM, said:

I think he will be the new fans scapegoat to be honest, a couple of posters over on spirezine are indicating it is a bad move before the lad has even kicked a ball for us.

If I am honest I don't know much about him, who he last played for doesn't bother me,  players play differently under different managers, I am fully confident Roy will get the best out of him.

If he does sign I welcome him as a Spireite and I will cheer the lad on as we all should.  However, I doubt everyone will feel the same.

Give him a chance..
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If he signs and does half the job Paul Holland did we will forget his past sins
This week, I have been mostly... drinking excessively

#43 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:01 AM

If I am honest I don't know much about him, who he last played for doesn't bother me,  players play differently under different managers, I am fully confident Roy will get the best out of him.

If he does sign I welcome him as a Spireite and I will cheer the lad on as we all should.  However, I doubt everyone will feel the same.

Give him a chance..
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fans that are slagging him are the same fans that used to think Ryan Williams was a god

#44 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:33 AM

Mark Jones, on Jun 11 2005, 07:35 AM, said:

Give him a chance..
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a friend works with a few scabs. they said he is good enough to play in the championship, and will score if he gets chances. thats been our problem. i dont think, overall, we have created enough from midfield.

a scabby saeson ticket holder rates him highly, and also says mansfailed will struggle to finish int the top half,he expects a bottom 6 finish :o
A new hope.

#45 User is offline   Sherman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:09 AM

Give him a chance..
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His goal record doesn't exactly make you feel excited about his arrival.

However, on the basis of experience so far, I trust Roy's judgement 110% and if sees him as a good addition to the squad then we should, as you say, give him a fair chance.

#46 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:16 AM

Just looked again at the Larkin to Darlington link someone posted the other day.
If indeed Larkin is "the Monday man" then either ourselves or Darlington are going to be upset. It seems the Darlington chairman thinks the deal is done and dusted.

I`m not too sure it is Larkin, but if it is then I`ll be reasonably happy. And as Mark Jones said earlier, if it indeed is Larkin lets judge him on his appearances for Chesterfield please!!!

Mr Mecury.
East stand second class citizen.

#47 User is offline   Majorca Mac 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:32 AM

Mr Mercury, on Jun 11 2005, 10:16 AM, said:

Just looked again at the Larkin to Darlington link someone posted the other day.
If indeed Larkin is "the Monday man" then either ourselves or Darlington are going to be upset. It seems the Darlington chairman thinks the deal is done and dusted.

I`m not too sure it is Larkin, but if it is then I`ll be reasonably happy. And as Mark Jones said earlier, if it indeed is Larkin lets judge him on his appearances for Chesterfield please!!!

Mr Mecury.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder if the clincher will be a two year deal as opposed to the one year reportedly on offer at Darlo. As with Paul Hall (and the Chief before him), the extra year's security can swing it. However, both the Chief and Hall are approaching the latter end of their careers - Larkin is still young and other factors may be more important to him. Such as he may just be happier playing in the basement. :D

#48 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:41 AM

Are fans really so petty as to judge someone on where they last played rather than on what they can offer to our Club? I have to admit I've never actually spoken to anyone with that attitude. However, if Colin Larkin does sign for us, and who knows if he will or not, then he will get my 100% support as all the other players wearing the CFC shirt do.

#49 User is offline   Majorca Mac 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:50 AM

spireloz, on Jun 11 2005, 10:41 AM, said:

Are fans really so petty as to judge someone on where they last played rather than on what they can offer to our Club? I have to admit I've never actually spoken to anyone with that attitude. However, if Colin Larkin does sign for us, and who knows if he will or not, then he will get my 100% support as all the other players wearing the CFC shirt do.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dead right. It would be even more satisfying to see a player from your (supposed, though not really nowadays) local rivals join us and really do the biz. Roy knows a player when he sees one.

A note of caution: just hope we're not going to become top-heavy in the strikers dept. at the expense of the midfield. So far so good, but we still need another two or three good signings before I'm getting too carried away.

#50 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

Majorca Mac, on Jun 11 2005, 12:50 PM, said:

Dead right. It would be even more satisfying to see a player from your (supposed, though not really nowadays) local rivals join us and really do the biz. Roy knows a player when he sees one.

A note of caution: just hope we're not going to become top-heavy in the strikers dept. at the expense of the midfield. So far so good, but we still need another two or three good signings before I'm getting too carried away.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to regularly drink with a girl and her brother who are Mansfield fans, for years they kept on about this Paul Holland lad who was as near godlike to them as you could get.
OH HOW I MILKED THE HOLLAND IS A SPIREITE FOR MANY A YEAR.

They hated it, it genuinly upset them when he signed for us.
Imagine Larking being our top scorer next season after Pob had axed him while they continue to struggle in the basement, assuming it is him of course.

Mr Mercury.
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users