• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Derby

#21 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2022 - 08:37 PM

I don’t like Derby one bit, but any right minded football supporter would never want to see a proud club with a long history go to the wall.
I genuinely hope they get things sorted out.

However, I find it quite amusing how many Derby fan tweets from a year ago are doing the rounds again, coupled with tweets from today.

So many Rams fans then tweeting pictures of Mel Morris smirking and laughing away with comments of him doing what he wants and sticking two fingers up to the EFL and Steve Gibson.

Same folk are now tweeting ‘Save our club’, stumbling round with the begging bowl and playing the victim.

What a difference 12 months makes.

#22 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 21 January 2022 - 08:57 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 21 January 2022 - 08:37 PM, said:

I don’t like Derby one bit, but any right minded football supporter would never want to see a proud club with a long history go to the wall.
I genuinely hope they get things sorted out.

However, I find it quite amusing how many Derby fan tweets from a year ago are doing the rounds again, coupled with tweets from today.

So many Rams fans then tweeting pictures of Mel Morris smirking and laughing away with comments of him doing what he wants and sticking two fingers up to the EFL and Steve Gibson.

Same folk are now tweeting ‘Save our club’, stumbling round with the begging bowl and playing the victim.

What a difference 12 months makes.

As we well know. Think back to comments on here re Dave Allen in relation to his time at Sheffield Wednesday and how things would end differently. Football fans are football fans. Live in the now. How else can it be done?

#23 User is offline   It's bolted 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:25 PM

Football was a working class sport untill it was stolen by the capitalists , and we as fans have to live with the mess they leave us in ,it shouldn't put fan against fan because of capitalist failears

#24 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:50 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 January 2022 - 08:57 PM, said:

As we well know. Think back to comments on here re Dave Allen in relation to his time at Sheffield Wednesday and how things would end differently. Football fans are football fans. Live in the now. How else can it be done?

True that. Wednesday fans did warn us that Dave allen’s tenure would end in disaster eventually - we just just put it down to dee dah and Sheffield massive fc arrogance
A new hope.

#25 User is offline   Sussex Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Town, Harvey's Old Ale, Weller, Lewes FC and Levante FC

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:55 PM

View PostBilltBigBalls, on 21 January 2022 - 08:23 PM, said:

We're not talking about Brighton though are we. Still wouldn't wish Brighton to go to the wall, Sunday league pub football yes but if they no longer existed it would be hard to give em the 5h1t they gave us.
Fact is you want Derby to go under for breaching the profitability and sustainability rules, erm think about it. If we're going to go up I'd rather be on our merits and not by default.

I think you missed my point (or I did :) ). I have nothing against Derby, in fact I hope they stay up.
I just hate Brighton with a passion.
Growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional

#26 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2022 - 10:22 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 January 2022 - 08:57 PM, said:

The amusing part is the same folk who were acknowledging that things didn’t seem right at Derby, corrupt if you want, but they were ‘getting away with it’ are now on bended knee pleading for their club to be saved as a result.

FWIW, I hope Derby live to fight another day.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users