Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Coronavirus Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (733 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Coronavirus Thread Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:59 PM

From W.H.O.

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness. People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.

You can reduce your chances of being infected or spreading COVID-19 by taking some simple precautions:

Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
Why? When someone coughs or sneezes they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person coughing has the disease.
Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
Why? Droplets spread virus. By following good respiratory hygiene you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19.
Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
Why? National and local authorities will have the most up to date information on the situation in your area. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also protect you and help prevent spread of viruses and other infections.
Keep up to date on the latest COVID-19 hotspots (cities or local areas where COVID-19 is spreading widely). If possible, avoid traveling to places – especially if you are an older person or have diabetes, heart or lung disease.
Why? You have a higher chance of catching COVID-19 in one of these areas.

Protection measures for persons who are in or have recently visited (past 14 days) areas where COVID-19 is spreading
Follow the guidance outlined above (Protection measures for everyone)
Self-isolate by staying at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache, low grade fever (37.3 C or above) and slight runny nose, until you recover. If it is essential for you to have someone bring you supplies or to go out, e.g. to buy food, then wear a mask to avoid infecting other people.
Why? Avoiding contact with others and visits to medical facilities will allow these facilities to operate more effectively and help protect you and others from possible COVID-19 and other viruses.
If you develop fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical advice promptly as this may be due to a respiratory infection or other serious condition. Call in advance and tell your provider of any recent travel or contact with travelers.
Why? Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also help to prevent possible spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.

#42 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:21 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 12 March 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

Maclaren pull out of this week's grand prix,..

Again as a preventative measure due to one team member being tested positive.

#43 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 12 March 2020 - 02:55 PM

Never mind the W.H.O, The Who tour has been cancelled/postponed. Hopefully the Noel Gallagher gigs do in Manchester in a fortnight and I get my money back.

#44 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:08 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 12 March 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

Never mind the W.H.O, The Who tour has been cancelled/postponed. Hopefully the Noel Gallagher gigs do in Manchester in a fortnight and I get my money back.

I'm off with the other half and some friends to see the Back to the Future musical on Saturday in Manchester, was my xmas present....they better not cancel that!!

#45 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:42 PM

Heard three very different interviews, today.

The first was with Chancellor Rishi Sunak, who repeated the 'We're being guided by experts' line trotted out by ministers to each and every question relating to Cvid19. Clearly instructed by Cummins to do so. Of course the cynical response is that they're covering their asses, creating well publicised scapegoats if the whole thing goes sh*t shaped. However I then listened to Sadiq Khan not only confirm he'd been handed exactly the same advice by exactly the same experts (despite being denied the seat at COBRA meetings allocated successive mayors under successive governments), but praise Johnson and Co for heeding such consultations. So hey, maybe we shouldn't be so suspicious after all. Things got weird next though, as independent London candidate Rory Stewart - who was sitting alongside several of the current cabinet a few short months ago - totally trashed what he deemed their utterly inadequate response. Contrasting their measures with far tougher ones in countries with far fewer cases.

I wonder if this is all just symptomatic of how unsure everyone is to take this threat - as confirmed by the concern/flippancy on this very thread! As suggested in my previous post what's really needed is a definitive 'Keep calm and carry on' or 'Britain's going into some sort of shut down' from the top.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#46 User is online   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:38 PM

More indecision from the bumbling blonde liar. School children not to go abroad, people with coughs to self isolate and oaps not go on cruises. That's how you deal with the coming storm
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#47 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:16 PM

View Postfishini, on 12 March 2020 - 05:38 PM, said:

More indecision from the bumbling blonde liar. School children not to go abroad, people with coughs to self isolate and oaps not go on cruises. That's how you deal with the coming storm

How dare the Prime Minister implement practical measures that were recommended by our scientific community. I'm sure you know better than the entire British government eh? Grow up.

#48 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:20 PM

I thought he came across well as did the experts, all made sense to me

#49 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:23 PM

I think in the case of football continuing, we may see people taking the situation into their own hands, playing it safe and staying away from games. It will be interesting to see attendances on Saturday. It only takes one individual to catch the virus and it has ramifications for their whole family.
The government is doing the right thing in taking advice from the virologists. Whether or not they are right to balance out the peak in order for the NHS to cope, we shall have to wait and see - it should work - but will not affect mortality.

My natural instinct is not to trust the state. Being retired, I can stay at home more often than most and will try to do so over the peak period of contamination. My other half works, however, and if she becomes infected then its highly likely I will too. It has made us both think deeply about where we go, whom we mix with and the environments we find ourselves. I imagine we will all have that problem.

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 12 March 2020 - 06:25 PM

#50 User is online   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:33 PM

View PostAllTownArentWe, on 12 March 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

How dare the Prime Minister implement practical measures that were recommended by our scientific community. I'm sure you know better than the entire British government eh? Grow up.

The scientific community that will say what it's told to say by its paymasters. Things will however be done when it's too late. The Irish listened to Thier scientific advisers and made a different decision, as it seems did the Scots. So England's advisers are correct and the others are wrong ? Economics over safety maybe. I wouldn't believe the liar if he told me black was black
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#51 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:35 PM

Well we've had bird flu, SARS and now covid 19 all from the same neck of the woods.
After all this is over will the Chinese actually change their ways on killing and eating anything and everything that's breathes and crawls whilst keeping animals in absolute abhorrent conditions, slaughtering endangered species because they believe their scales if made into a soup will make their todger an inch larger etc etc....No I thought not.
East stand second class citizen.

#52 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:37 PM

What a fool
JRID

#53 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:38 PM

This is not meant to be a flippant question but as the storm is most definitely coming is it not best to let it come, be sensible and try to carry on with as little disruption in day to day life as possible and take measures to ride it out?

#54 User is online   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:57 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 12 March 2020 - 07:38 PM, said:

This is not meant to be a flippant question but as the storm is most definitely coming is it not best to let it come, be sensible and try to carry on with as little disruption in day to day life as possible and take measures to ride it out?

At what cost? What have the decisions taken today done for the safety of our people? If it came to a choice, the health of the economy or a few hundred deaths. Which way do you think the liar would go?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#55 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:01 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 12 March 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

Well we've had bird flu, SARS and now covid 19 all from the same neck of the woods.
After all this is over will the Chinese actually change their ways on killing and eating anything and everything that's breathes and crawls whilst keeping animals in absolute abhorrent conditions, slaughtering endangered species because they believe their scales if made into a soup will make their todger an inch larger etc etc....No I thought not.

A bloke I know from the lads football team

“ I had a snake burger in Shanghai, a while back.

They whip the yellow snake out of a dirty watertank, chop it on a dirty board, with a dirty knife, fry it in a dirty wok, cut the bun with dirty hands, tip sauce from a dirty bottle, and hand it to you on a dirty plate.

In the blazing sun and heat.”
JRID

#56 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:17 PM

View Postfishini, on 12 March 2020 - 07:57 PM, said:

At what cost? What have the decisions taken today done for the safety of our people? If it came to a choice, the health of the economy or a few hundred deaths. Which way do you think the liar would go?

The cost to the British economy I think is out of the governments hands, decisions taken around the Sorld will see to that.

#57 User is online   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:38 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 12 March 2020 - 08:17 PM, said:

The cost to the British economy I think is out of the governments hands, decisions taken around the Sorld will see to that.

More of a hypothetical question requiring an opinion rather than an answer. My opinion is knowing how Tories think then I'm afraid that if it came to a choice, they would choose the economy and money first.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#58 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:43 PM

View Postfishini, on 12 March 2020 - 08:38 PM, said:

More of a hypothetical question requiring an opinion rather than an answer. My opinion is knowing how Tories think then I'm afraid that if it came to a choice, they would choose the economy and money first.

I think that this is a mater that any government would have to long term protect its people. I understand you won't agree with that.

#59 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:35 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 12 March 2020 - 08:01 PM, said:

A bloke I know from the lads football team

“ I had a snake burger in Shanghai, a while back.

They whip the yellow snake out of a dirty watertank, chop it on a dirty board, with a dirty knife, fry it in a dirty wok, cut the bun with dirty hands, tip sauce from a dirty bottle, and hand it to you on a dirty plate.

In the blazing sun and heat.”

Why did he eat it ?

#60 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:51 PM

Said it tasted like chicken

I suppose at the time it was a case of when in Rome...
JRID

Share this topic:

• (733 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users