• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fitness

#1 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:41 PM

A part time team v a full time professional team and they walk all over us.

Do we have a creditable fitness coach and how much of the hamstrings and other injuries can we attribute to the standard of fitness coach.
God I hate this league.

#2 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:43 PM

View PostDIFH, on 02 February 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

Do we have a creditable fitness coach and how much of the hamstrings and other injuries can we attribute to the standard of fitness coach.

We've been woefully lacking in this area since shiner was let go.
East stand second class citizen.

#3 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:46 PM

View PostDIFH, on 02 February 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

firstly, I thought Brackley were a good side, they wanted it more, first 10 we were on top but did nothing of any consequence then we slowly let them get comfortable, they got stronger and stronger, credit jalal for 2 good saves which kept the score down. we lack lots of things, I would expect a fitness coach like many other things will come in the summer, it seems we're not quite prepared to start the rebuild just yet.

#4 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:29 PM

On the face of it, it beggars belief that a part time outfit can be fitter than a full time one, but there must be more to it than meets the eye. I guess part timers train for as many hours ...or just better??

#5 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:32 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 02 February 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

On the face of it, it beggars belief that a part time outfit can be fitter than a full time one, but there must be more to it than meets the eye. I guess part timers train for as many hours ...or just better??

Possibly quality over quantity?

Town next season are to train in the evenings (which I don't necessarily think is a bad idea).
Be interesting to see the results of that

#6 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:33 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 02 February 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

desire, organisation, anticipation, understanding, game plan all better than ours and gave them half a yard all afternoon.

#7 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:34 PM

Doesn't matter how fit our players are they are just gash you can be fit as a butchers dog but if you haven't got the talent then your in trouble
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#8 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:06 AM

View Postmartatcross, on 02 February 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

Doesn't matter how fit our players are they are just gash you can be fit as a butchers dog but if you haven't got the talent then your in trouble

Totally agree, fitness wasnt the issue, skill, desire, intelligence was.

There was garbage out on that there pitch and it was ours
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#9 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:22 AM

View Postazul, on 03 February 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

Totally agree, fitness wasnt the issue, skill, desire, intelligence was.

There was garbage out on that there pitch and it was ours

Well on the plus side imo all the OOC players will be gone come summer, that will clear most of the rubbish out.

#10 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:00 AM

View Postmartatcross, on 02 February 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

Correct. Sheridan said that Brackley LOOKED fitter. It doesn't mean they actually are. It means their commitment, support of colleagues, shape, quick movement of the ball, and lots of other things had that effect cos we didn't compete in any of those areas. At root, all the things I've mentioned constitute the ingredients of enjoying playing. We don't. At the risk of homing in on one individual, B/W sometimes just stands still looking gormless, as though he has no idea what to do next unless somebody tells him.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#11 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:10 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 02 February 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

Possibly quality over quantity?

Town next season are to train in the evenings (which I don't necessarily think is a bad idea).
Be interesting to see the results of that

You’ve made reference to us turning part time next season before, which I’m very skeptical of, what makes you so sure this is happening?

#12 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:25 AM

View PostAndy Spireite, on 03 February 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

You’ve made reference to us turning part time next season before, which I’m very skeptical of, what makes you so sure this is happening?

Most of the team are playing part time now
Have passport will travel

#13 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:53 AM

View PostBenno Spire, on 03 February 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

Most of the team are playing part time now

Wouldn’t disagree with that mate, yesterday was an embarrassment quite frankly.

#14 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:23 AM

View Postdim view, on 03 February 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Correct. Sheridan said that Brackley LOOKED fitter. It doesn't mean they actually are. It means their commitment, support of colleagues, shape, quick movement of the ball, and lots of other things had that effect cos we didn't compete in any of those areas. At root, all the things I've mentioned constitute the ingredients of enjoying playing. We don't. At the risk of homing in on one individual, B/W sometimes just stands still looking gormless, as though he has no idea what to do next unless somebody tells him.

Why is he still playing games? Every week people seem to say variations of the same theme about his displays. I had assumed Smith would have claimed his position as soon as he was able to.

#15 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:34 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 February 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

Why is he still playing games? Every week people seem to say variations of the same theme about his displays. I had assumed Smith would have claimed his position as soon as he was able to.

I don't get it either. I have seen Smith play a few games and he didn't look a disaster of a player. Maybe its the haircut

#16 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

View Postdim view, on 03 February 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

The disturbing thing is that Shez couldn't get anything extra out of the players, it seems he got nothing out of them with this performance. Ive been to home games this season where watching us was like being force fed a turd, so I'd imagine yesterday was nothing new. But the expectation was that Sheridan would have the team better organised and better motivated.
I'm clinging to the hope he didn't take that particular game seriously but I'm unsure.

#17 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:54 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 03 February 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

I don't get it either. I have seen Smith play a few games and he didn't look a disaster of a player. Maybe its the haircut

Let's remember that Smith couldn't get into the Dover team when they were bottom of our league whilst JBW got into the England C side.

Also, there were more than him that looked static yesterday. If we have got to look at just one why not add others like Kiwomya (never made himself available when we were in possession by moving away from his marker), Beestin (did less than nothing, never chased back when he lost possession and lost the ball when attempting to receive it), Reid (had our best shot but it was meant to be a cross and never tracked back to cover LB whilst Rowley once ran all the way from right midfield to LB to provide that cover), Hollis (his brain seems to be more static than his body), Denton (only heads the ball if he doesn't have to move for it, never looked like scoring, never closes defenders down, gives up as soon as he loses possession).

Similarly, Rowley nowadays seems to be second in line for stick on these boards but did anybody notice what our other midfielders achieved yesterday? Smith and Weston played in fits and starts, created nothing, and were often second to the ball and outpaced.

#18 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:55 AM

It was what we used to call a giant killing, we were a major scalp for a pert time outfit, nothing more, it happens regularly, the real dons whooped 4 past whu last week, are they not fit enuff, these things happen, calm down there might be a shortage of anti depressants due to brexit.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#19 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:01 AM

View Postdtp, on 03 February 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

Let's remember that Smith couldn't get into the Dover team when they were bottom of our league whilst JBW got into the England C side.

Also, there were more than him that looked static yesterday. If we have got to look at just one why not add others like Kiwomya (never made himself available when we were in possession by moving away from his marker), Beestin (did less than nothing, never chased back when he lost possession and lost the ball when attempting to receive it), Reid (had our best shot but it was meant to be a cross and never tracked back to cover LB whilst Rowley once ran all the way from right midfield to LB to provide that cover), Hollis (his brain seems to be more static than his body), Denton (only heads the ball if he doesn't have to move for it, never looked like scoring, never closes defenders down, gives up as soon as he loses possession).

Similarly, Rowley nowadays seems to be second in line for stick on these boards but did anybody notice what our other midfielders achieved yesterday? Smith and Weston played in fits and starts, created nothing, and were often second to the ball and outpaced.

Barry couldn't get in Dover side but he's looked ok since he came back...wasn't there a change of manager soon after they went on loan there? Their fans seemed unhappy about them being left out iirc so who knows what went off.
Joe isn't one of only 2 players getting stick, far from it, he's getting stick because he is under performing and some are bigging him up when his performances don't merit it.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 03 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

#20 User is offline   kopblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:46 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 03 February 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

The disturbing thing is that Shez couldn't get anything extra out of the players, it seems he got nothing out of them with this performance. Ive been to home games this season where watching us was like being force fed a turd, so I'd imagine yesterday was nothing new. But the expectation was that Sheridan would have the team better organised and better motivated.
I'm clinging to the hope he didn't take that particular game seriously but I'm unsure.

That to me was the most worrying thing, what did they do all week in training it was as bad if not worse than any thing I've seen all season.saturday should see what' impact he can make

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users