• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Matchday Tickets Buying on the day

#161 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:12 AM

financejon, on 22 January 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

...he told me that our turnstile ticketing facility is now 8 years old and could not be upgraded unless the Club accepted an £18k cost of doing so.Probably not a justifiable expense at this stage!

So we've just spent 30k on new cameras to improve "security" but we won't spend 18k to improve customer service? Hmmmm...

Perhaps the club should ask for a free upgrade from any local IT supplier? I know it's a scale bigger than "we want a free carpet and it must be this size and this colour" but you never know... ;)

#162 User is offline   S43_Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Footy, Computers and Holidays in Florida

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:57 AM

financejon, on 22 January 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

A bit late in this thread I know, but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same issues with the “print at home” facility that I have. In fact I have had an interesting exchange with Steve Coe to get to the bottom of the problem.In short, my tickets have not correctly printed the barcode. They just appear as a blacked out box, and obviously useless at the turnstiles. When reported to the Club, Steve took up the issue with the ticket software supplier and was told that it was because I was printing on a Mac (iPhone would have the same issue) as the ios12 update had caused problems at other football clubs and until Apple issued an update, the problem would not go away.I got round the problem by screenshotting the ticket and then printing the screen shot which printed correctly (got to be A4 size) and was accepted at the turnstile. To me, this indicates a print software resolution issue, not iOS, but it would be interesting to see if I am the only one having a print problem with Apple devices.As a final exchange, I mentioned to Steve that the ability to download the ticket onto phone like I did at Harrogate and Solihull would be so much better and probably help to reduce match day queues, but he told me that our turnstile ticketing facility is now 8 years old and could not be upgraded unless the Club accepted an £18k cost of doing so.Probably not a justifiable expense at this stage!

It can also be rectified by printing in Black & White instead of colour.
Had the same issue on my iPhone and printing in B&W cured it.
#StopGoing

#163 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:46 AM

Stockholm Spireite, on 23 January 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

So we've just spent 30k on new cameras to improve "security" but we won't spend 18k to improve customer service? Hmmmm...

Perhaps the club should ask for a free upgrade from any local IT supplier? I know it's a scale bigger than "we want a free carpet and it must be this size and this colour" but you never know... ;)

I'm not gonna pretend to be familiar with all this stuff, but Coe certainly seems to've bought into the 'not my fault guv' line many accuse his mate Ashley of...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#164 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

Stockholm Spireite, on 23 January 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

£18k is pocket change compared to what the clubs lost over the last few years. They should definitely invest in the new system.

#165 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:22 AM

The only issue I have with this is the club holding my DOB when I believe there is absolutely no requirement, I dont have to give it when buying cinema tickets, I dont see why the club needs it. Having entered into conversations with two of the Ass Dir I've come to the conclusion that the requirement is based on "that's what other clubs we spoke to do".

I am sure many of you will be aware of the damage that can me done if information like your name, address and DOB gets into the wrong hands, hence my reluctance to give that information. Are my details held by the club safe? Again I'm not convinced after what happened to a fellow supporter getting a "visit".

I have made it very clear to one of our Ass Dir that when buying tickets I will use a false DOB, this way I'm happy, they're happy I filled in the mandatory field, so all is good. My suggestion was accepted so anyone else worried about handing over you DOB, this is my advice.

What I wont do though is carry my passport/driving licence to games just in case I am ask to provide ID, the club will have to suck that one up or stop me buying tickets. All in all I am happy with the ticketing system now these thing have been cleared up

#166 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:34 AM

Mark, it's been confirmed as voluntary. You don't have to give any date for a non-age related ticket.

#167 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:50 AM

Westbars Spireite, on 23 January 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

Mark, it's been confirmed as voluntary. You don't have to give any date for a non-age related ticket.

You do when buying online as a new customer, its a mandatory field.

#168 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:10 AM

Quaker, on 23 January 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

You do when buying online as a new customer, its a mandatory field.

I see. Are you a new customer?

#169 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:17 AM

Westbars Spireite, on 23 January 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

I see. Are you a new customer?

Currently, yes. I will open an account with a false DOB and all will be good. I normally buy from the Ticket office but I'm going to buy them more online as its saves queuing up.

#170 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

Quaker, on 23 January 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Currently, yes. I will open an account with a false DOB and all will be good. I normally buy from the Ticket office but I'm going to buy them more online as its saves queuing up.

Unless of course your card gets declined due to a mismatch.

#171 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:34 AM

If I can't get a ticket, I can't go, simples..

#172 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

Quaker, on 23 January 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Derby FA Cup tickets were released at midnight online, 2 per customer only, IIRC.

I registered 4 accounts, all with the exact same details, including email address and bought 2 tickets on each account.

Unless its been massively improved, I don't think our system is too complicated.

#173 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

Sammy Spireite, on 23 January 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Derby FA Cup tickets were released at midnight online, 2 per customer only, IIRC.

I registered 4 accounts, all with the exact same details, including email address and bought 2 tickets on each account.

Unless its been massively improved, I don't think our system is too complicated.

Absolute classic. God, I worry about our abilities to do the basics of business sometimes...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#174 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

isleaiw1, on 23 January 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

Absolute classic. God, I worry about our abilities to do the basics of business sometimes...

From top to bottom we have no one with the required experience in the respective roll. No wonder we haemorrhage costs.Every decision is reactive to what happens. No pro active planning or long term plans.
God I hate this league.

#175 User is offline   CFC_92 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC&AVFC

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

Every decision made by the club seems sudden and mis-timed I'd say I mean this sort of statement should be released by the club in ore season never mind over half way through the campaign
All town aren't we?

#176 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

Westbars Spireite, on 23 January 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

Unless of course your card gets declined due to a mismatch.

It didn't..

#177 User is offline   oldgoat 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:38 PM

Tried to log onto cfc tickets today and had to change my password - first time ever - I have taken off all the details it would let me ie dob and phone numbers , the only required fields are an e mail and an address - thought I might change these to false ones but might try this one night when I'm at a loose end !

#178 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

oldgoat, on 25 January 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

Tried to log onto cfc tickets today and had to change my password - first time ever - I have taken off all the details it would let me ie dob and phone numbers , the only required fields are an e mail and an address - thought I might change these to false ones but might try this one night when I'm at a loose end !

Doesn’t the print at home ticket option work by emailing you the tickets? If so probably best to have the correct email on there.

#179 User is offline   oldgoat 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

Don't do print at home , pick them up from the ground

#180 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:24 PM

oldgoat, on 25 January 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

Don't do print at home , pick them up from the ground

Where you could be asked to confirm details anyway....

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users