• You cannot reply to this topic

Halifax Away

#1001 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2024 - 07:40 PM

clarevoyant., on 21 March 2024 - 07:00 PM, said:

No. Playing the ball a 2nd time after a cock up of a goalkick thus denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity = red card.

Its was well debated months ago. But debate not being one of your fortes perhaps you stick to what you aspire, a practicing ☆☆☆☆

Must admit I haven’t seen that debate so I’m more than happy to be corrected but I thought an indirect free kick and a yellow no matter how dangerous was acceptable.

Double jeopardy is irrelevant and whether the goalie should’ve been booked for an earlier incident is another argument.

Dim’s point was about the positioning of the players not on the goal line is very interesting and nobody seems to have addressed it.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#1002 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2024 - 07:56 PM

azul, on 21 March 2024 - 07:40 PM, said:

Must admit I haven’t seen that debate so I’m more than happy to be corrected but I thought an indirect free kick and a yellow no matter how dangerous was acceptable.

Double jeopardy is irrelevant and whether the goalie should’ve been booked for an earlier incident is another argument.

Dim’s point was about the positioning of the players not on the goal line is very interesting and nobody seems to have addressed it.

Para 1 Punisment = indirect free kick + red card (law not applied properly)
Para 2 you're correct
Para 3 DV is correct, defenders on goal line or 10 yards from ball (law not applied properly)
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#1003 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:03 PM

clarevoyant., on 21 March 2024 - 07:56 PM, said:

Para 1 Punisment = indirect free kick + red card (law not applied properly)
Para 2 you're correct
Para 3 DV is correct, defenders on goal line or 10 yards from ball (law not applied properly)

Re: Punishment, can you point me in the direction. I’m genuinely interested, not arguing for the sake of it

#1004 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:11 PM

azul, on 21 March 2024 - 08:03 PM, said:

Re: Punishment, can you point me in the direction. I’m genuinely interested, not arguing for the sake of it

https://pbs.twimg.co...pg&name=900x900
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#1005 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:16 PM

Arnold Tabbs said:

1711012167[/url]' post='1812621']
Town have given the fans the best season imaginable, but now it's apparently OK to slag them off, individually and collectively. Well, I beg to differ. I thought the match was great entertainment and Town played some great stuff, but the opposition are allowed to take part as well and Halifax took their chances really well.

There's no guarantee that your team will win every time they play; imagine how boring that would be. Would you rather the match had been a dismal 0-0 draw with neither team putting in any effort? The pitch was horrible but everybody on it - on both sides - did their best to make the match a cracker.

Players make mistakes. They don't make them on purpose, and if they never made them every game would be boring. And "game" is an important word here. Football is supposed to be fun; it's shouldn't be an excuse to hurl criticism and abuse at the men whose side you're supposed to be on. If it makes you that miserable - even when your team is about to win it's league title by a big margin - then you need a different hobby.

Think about the lack of tactics rather than individual players….yes we made errors in defence to gift them the goals but the way the team was organised left a lot to be desired. I’m a big fan of Oli Banks who’ll be great in L2 but in the position he was told to play and in conditions which didn’t suit his style of play I’m not surprised he struggled.
It was shouting out for big changes at HT but surprise surprise they didn’t come until it was too late (ironically the best player on the night, Berry only got on by default due to an injury too).
Plenty of examples this season to question the team selection and (lack of) tactics to suit the conditions and opposition. Making 4 or more changes every game smacks of guesswork. Yes, we’ll eventually win the championship but thanks to the quality of the players in the squad rather than the man in charge….

#1006 User is offline   FORZA AZZURRI 

• World Champions 1934*1938** 1982***2006****
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:17 PM

Search & Destroy, on 21 March 2024 - 06:44 PM, said:

The red card?

No double jeopardy anymore otherwise Tyrer would have been sent off 2 weeks running.

All depends on if the ref decides if the challenge is a genuine attempt or deliberate foul.
World Champions 1934 1938 1982 2006 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Euro Champions 1968” 2020”

#1007 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:24 PM

clarevoyant., on 21 March 2024 - 08:11 PM, said:

Thanks, never heard of any of that but it is still seems a bit subjective on whether it was a DOGSO or SPA

Got to say I was salivating over those smells drifting over from the catering vans at the time and was failing to concentrate on the on field action

#1008 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:31 PM

azul, on 21 March 2024 - 08:24 PM, said:

Thanks, never heard of any of that but it is still seems a bit subjective on whether it was a DOGSO or SPA

Got to say I was salivating over those smells drifting over from the catering vans at the time and was failing to concentrate on the on field action

If you can be ar..a quick revisit would show that Dallas would have got the ball with a clear shot at an open goal if the keeper hadn't played the ball a 2nd time. Not subjective in this case.

The ref was star struck in the early stages and totally cocked up. IMO
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#1009 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:42 PM

Cum on u blues, on 21 March 2024 - 08:16 PM, said:

Think about the lack of tactics rather than individual players….yes we made errors in defence to gift them the goals but the way the team was organised left a lot to be desired. I’m a big fan of Oli Banks who’ll be great in L2 but in the position he was told to play and in conditions which didn’t suit his style of play I’m not surprised he struggled.
It was shouting out for big changes at HT but surprise surprise they didn’t come until it was too late (ironically the best player on the night, Berry only got on by default due to an injury too).
Plenty of examples this season to question the team selection and (lack of) tactics to suit the conditions and opposition. Making 4 or more changes every game smacks of guesswork. Yes, we’ll eventually win the championship but thanks to the quality of the players in the squad rather than the man in charge….

I’m going to wait for Goku’s retort to this drivel. He will be much more eloquent than me.

#1010 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:48 PM

hilly81 said:

1711053722[/url]' post='1812848']
I'm going to wait for Goku's retort to this drivel. He will be much more eloquent than me.

Feel fire I’m hard-skinned by now. His interview said it all. Ask the easy questions or I’m not going to answer you

#1011 User is offline   Paragon of Virtue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:50 PM

Are you forgetting who assembled such an excellent squad?

#1012 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2024 - 09:12 PM

I'm starting to laugh every time I read 'I know we'll win the league' or 'I know we've excellent players' or 'I know we're twenty points clear'...

..followed by some half-assed criticism of Cook...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1013 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2024 - 09:18 PM

Search & Destroy, on 21 March 2024 - 06:44 PM, said:

The red card?

No double jeopardy anymore otherwise Tyrer would have been sent off 2 weeks running.

If you are talking about the Notts keeper. He should have received two independent yellows. No straight red so no double jeopardy had that been the case.

This post has been edited by dtp: 21 March 2024 - 09:56 PM

#1014 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2024 - 10:03 PM

What's amazing is that Cook has won 4 Championships whilst being inept.....

#1015 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2024 - 10:09 PM

Having now watched the highlights it seems we were all over them like a rash in the 2nd half and should have scored enough goals to earn at least a point. The ref was at fault with the way he allowed players to line up to defend a free-kick inside their area too. The highlights seem to contrast with some of the postings on this thread and accept I was somewhat mislead y these postings.

I have also listened to Cook’s interview on YouTube and he said he enjoyed watching us play in the second half. Similarly, he didn’t want to talk about next season which I fully understand.

So, perhaps, we should just enjoy the moment. Promotion is going to happen whether it be on Saturday or not. That’s what we set out to achieve at the start of the season and it is this squad of players that have given us that.

We didn’t start the season expecting to break any records. We started the season to try and win promotion and if we’d been offered that on goal difference then we’d have snapped their hand off. But, we will do better than that.

Then we can move on to close season speculation, rumours, actual signings, etc etc before kicking a ball in the next campaign.

#1016 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 21 March 2024 - 10:11 PM

hilly81, on 21 March 2024 - 08:42 PM, said:

I’m going to wait for Goku’s retort to this drivel. He will be much more eloquent than me.

Can’t even be bothered mate, some of our fans are unappreciative idiots, don’t know how good they’ve got it and won’t give credit to the people who got us in the position we’re in. Miserable people who I’m glad I don’t know in real life, and I’m sure the feeling’s mutual.

#1017 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 21 March 2024 - 10:33 PM

The Earl of Chesterfield, on 21 March 2024 - 09:12 PM, said:

I'm starting to laugh every time I read 'I know we'll win the league' or 'I know we've excellent players' or 'I know we're twenty points clear'...

..followed by some half-assed criticism of Cook...

Scrolling past ‘em. Quite therapeutic.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#1018 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 21 March 2024 - 10:35 PM

Goku, on 21 March 2024 - 10:11 PM, said:

Can’t even be bothered mate, some of our fans are unappreciative idiots, don’t know how good they’ve got it and won’t give credit to the people who got us in the position we’re in. Miserable people who I’m glad I don’t know in real life, and I’m sure the feeling’s mutual.

Amen.

Sad they seem to enjoy a poor result. I’m all for critical analysis but this mawkish nonsense is actually quite sad.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#1019 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 21 March 2024 - 10:52 PM

dtp, on 21 March 2024 - 10:09 PM, said:

Having now watched the highlights it seems we were all over them like a rash in the 2nd half and should have scored enough goals to earn at least a point. The ref was at fault with the way he allowed players to line up to defend a free-kick inside their area too. The highlights seem to contrast with some of the postings on this thread and accept I was somewhat mislead y these postings.

I have also listened to Cook’s interview on YouTube and he said he enjoyed watching us play in the second half. Similarly, he didn’t want to talk about next season which I fully understand.

So, perhaps, we should just enjoy the moment. Promotion is going to happen whether it be on Saturday or not. That’s what we set out to achieve at the start of the season and it is this squad of players that have given us that.

We didn’t start the season expecting to break any records. We started the season to try and win promotion and if we’d been offered that on goal difference then we’d have snapped their hand off. But, we will do better than that.

Then we can move on to close season speculation, rumours, actual signings, etc etc before kicking a ball in the next campaign.

Same here. I was only able to check up on the game via BB, and I got the impression we were absolutely useless and being overrun. When I came to see the highlights, what I saw bore no relation to most of the BB comments. Neither team could play a controlled passing game on that swamp, so there were numerous mistakes on both sides, and it could have finished about 7 each, or even as a win for us. Most, if not all of our really poor results this season have come on either artificial pitches or very poor grass surfaces, which is clearly a consequence of our quick-passing style of play which requires an accurate and delicate first touch. Chances are that, on Saturday, we will put on a good show, even though our pitch is far from perfect, and clinch the title in style.

This post has been edited by sophocles: 21 March 2024 - 10:54 PM

#1020 User is offline   Halifax Aussie 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2024 - 12:14 AM

sophocles, on 21 March 2024 - 10:52 PM, said:

Same here. I was only able to check up on the game via BB, and I got the impression we were absolutely useless and being overrun. When I came to see the highlights, what I saw bore no relation to most of the BB comments. Neither team could play a controlled passing game on that swamp, so there were numerous mistakes on both sides, and it could have finished about 7 each, or even as a win for us. Most, if not all of our really poor results this season have come on either artificial pitches or very poor grass surfaces, which is clearly a consequence of our quick-passing style of play which requires an accurate and delicate first touch. Chances are that, on Saturday, we will put on a good show, even though our pitch is far from perfect, and clinch the title in style.

You're a good side, but you didn't do enough in my opinion to earn a draw. It was an extremely entertaining game though. Defensively you were atrocious almost all game. I'm sure those at the game will
Vouch for that.

Share this topic:

• (52 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users