• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Support Agreed?

#21 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:25 PM

Seems the plans for B\U23 teams in the EFL is raising it head again....apparently Premier League clubs will demand they can have these sides in the EFL in return for bail outs to EFL clubs.

#22 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 10 October 2020 - 07:45 AM

View Postazul, on 04 October 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

It’ll be interesting how they divvy up the cash. ...

still nowt.
I'm visualising all night Zoom sittings by the NL Board, whoever they are, hammering out vested interest equitable solutions for every member.
I wonder if Carson is still our rep?

My generousity towards CFC is directly affected by this outcome so I wish somebody would tell me what it is.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#23 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 10 October 2020 - 08:44 AM

View PostJonB, on 07 October 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

Seems the plans for B\U23 teams in the EFL is raising it head again....apparently Premier League clubs will demand they can have these sides in the EFL in return for bail outs to EFL clubs.

But there's already a solution to this - the loan system.

If a Prem outfit wanna link up with a lower league club then send 'em their youngsters for free.

Skint sides get presumably talented players, players get experience and Prem officials get to polish their nails on their chests claiming how altruistic they are...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#24 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 10 October 2020 - 08:46 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 10 October 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

If a Prem outfit wanna link up with a lower league club then send 'em their youngsters for free.

Skint sides get presumably talented players, players get experience and Prem officials get to polish their nails on their chests claiming how altruistic they are...

Exactly my thoughts on this as well. Introducing B teams only feeds the greedy clubs and will kill off the EFL as there will be no away fans for B teams.
They could also introduce a cap on squad size for top teams to stop them having loads of talent sat in the stands.
Have passport will travel

#25 User is online   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 10 October 2020 - 08:57 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 10 October 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

But maybe the Prem clubs are seeing some writing on the wall, UEFA & FIFA have been wanting to dismantle the loan system for years.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#26 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2020 - 09:33 AM

View Postdim view, on 10 October 2020 - 07:45 AM, said:

still nowt.
I'm visualising all night Zoom sittings by the NL Board, whoever they are, hammering out vested interest equitable solutions for every member.
I wonder if Carson is still our rep?

My generousity towards CFC is directly affected by this outcome so I wish somebody would tell me what it is.

https://twitter.com/...3555953664?s=20

How the National League funding will be divided:

🔸7 National League clubs will receive 95k a month.

🔸The 16 other clubs get £84k a month.

🔹5 National North/South clubs will receive 36k a month.

🔹The 37 other clubs get 30k a month.

#27 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2020 - 10:14 AM

View PostCFC91, on 21 October 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

Looks like we are one of the clubs getting the 95k a month....

Ollie Bayliss @Ollie_Bayliss · 10m
Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Notts County, Stockport, Torquay, Wrexham & Yeovil will receive the £95k.

Chester, Dulwich Hamlet, Hereford, Maidstone & York will receive the £36k.

#28 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2020 - 10:17 AM

View PostCFC91, on 21 October 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

Given the Trust stated we need circa £1.7M this season to break even (3500 fans per home game at £22 a ticket), the 95k per month falls quite short. I am wondering whether they have taken into account expected revenue from streams etc.

#29 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2020 - 10:41 AM

View PostLondonBlue, on 21 October 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

Given the Trust stated we need circa £1.7M this season to break even (3500 fans per home game at £22 a ticket), the 95k per month falls quite short. I am wondering whether they have taken into account expected revenue from streams etc.

Did the Trust state that or is it a result of your calculation of 3500 x £22 for 22 home games?

If so, the average price of admittance would have to be taken into account and that would be less than £22 in normal circumstances which includes STs, children and concessions.

However, the allocations would appear,to me, to take playing budgets into account but I wonder if they have also considered any revenues received by certain clubs such as those that sold STs so that they could afford higher budgets and, also, that some clubs are still receiving parachute payments from the EFL. I believe Notts County, for instance, fit into both those brackets and very likely will now also receive the higher amount of £95k as well.

#30 User is offline   bucko 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:13 AM

View PostLondonBlue, on 21 October 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

at the forum i attended , i asked the question as to what the break even figure would be based on attendances, and that had we been given the go ahead to have the projected 3500 fans, where this would put us in terms of budgeting.

The answer Mike gave was that if we get the go ahead for 3500, then this would be above the level of support required, but he didnt give an answer on what was required to break even. So it may not be as bad as the calculation you have put London Blue.

#31 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:14 AM

How much of that £95k goes to that shameless pi55pot Sheridan?

#32 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:15 AM

View Postdtp, on 21 October 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

Did the Trust state that or is it a result of your calculation of 3500 x £22 for 22 home games?

If so, the average price of admittance would have to be taken into account and that would be less than £22 in normal circumstances which includes STs, children and concessions.

However, the allocations would appear,to me, to take playing budgets into account but I wonder if they have also considered any revenues received by certain clubs such as those that sold STs so that they could afford higher budgets and, also, that some clubs are still receiving parachute payments from the EFL. I believe Notts County, for instance, fit into both those brackets and very likely will now also receive the higher amount of £95k as well.

The season ticket/gate calculation was way out. The 2019 accounts showed we received £825K from that source which suggests about £35K/game.

Obviously we lose all the other matchday revenue but I'd say if we recieve £95K that is far better than expected

Some clubs in the national league must be absolutely quids in, e.g. Boreham Wood, they regularly get less than 1000

This post has been edited by azul: 21 October 2020 - 11:17 AM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#33 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:46 AM

View Postazul, on 21 October 2020 - 11:15 AM, said:

The season ticket/gate calculation was way out. The 2019 accounts showed we received £825K from that source which suggests about £35K/game.

Obviously we lose all the other matchday revenue but I'd say if we recieve £95K that is far better than expected

Some clubs in the national league must be absolutely quids in, e.g. Boreham Wood, they regularly get less than 1000

I agree, think we've done ok out of this all things considered.

As for BW - I think their wage bill is substantial so likely the upside from the money they go will towards paying that as their crowds of 500 certainly can't have funded a £1m+ budget.

35k a home game = 70k a month ish so we've 25k upside to fund Sheridans whiskey habit + our expensive contracts with 3rd parties. Don't know what income we've had from the streams but my guess is 2500 odd for Hartlepool & maybe 1500 for Woking + 6k for Stockport coverage so we might be ok...for now.

#34 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:47 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 October 2020 - 11:14 AM, said:

How much of that £95k goes to that shameless pi55pot Sheridan?

Given we still owed him £100k in early Sept, and assuming he was on a 1 year settlement deal then he must have been on approaching £150k a year.

So, to guess an answer to your question, probably about 10% or £10k a month of it.......

#35 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:55 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 21 October 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

Given we still owed him £100k in early Sept, and assuming he was on a 1 year settlement deal then he must have been on approaching £150k a year.

So, to guess an answer to your question, probably about 10% or £10k a month of it.......

£150k pa at the time was the talk.

Makes me even angrier about his part in our implosion.

#36 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:05 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 21 October 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

Wonder if the Trust got anywhere with checking Sheridan's contract, re: get out clauses in case of re-employment. I guess that was more in hope
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#37 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:22 PM

View Postazul, on 21 October 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

Wonder if the Trust got anywhere with checking Sheridan's contract, re: get out clauses in case of re-employment. I guess that was more in hope

Would have been cheaper to have had him shot.

#38 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:39 PM

View Postbucko, on 21 October 2020 - 11:13 AM, said:

at the forum i attended , i asked the question as to what the break even figure would be based on attendances, and that had we been given the go ahead to have the projected 3500 fans, where this would put us in terms of budgeting.

The answer Mike gave was that if we get the go ahead for 3500, then this would be above the level of support required, but he didnt give an answer on what was required to break even. So it may not be as bad as the calculation you have put London Blue.

Yes apologies, for clarification I was making an indicative calculation based on 3500 attendees and an average ticket price (including those that pay for the lounges at an increased cost). Any additional support is better than none at the moment and its good to see us in the pot of best supported clubs in the league. Its a pity the performances on the pitch don't reflect the investment.

#39 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:58 PM

#40 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2020 - 01:00 PM

The Chairman stated at the Q and A that there were no grounds for getting out of the contractual payments due.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users