• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ground Improvements

#1 User is online   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2024 - 01:08 PM

Looks like the stadium is being spruced up nicely.

New dugouts looking nice, Really looking forward to the new PA system, might actually hear what Colin is saying now lol

Must say though I'm not sure on these "safety nets" behind the goal, are people really that daft that we need nets to stop them getting hurt?

#2 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 01:16 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if they are some sort of EFL requirement now. I've seen them in a few grounds. They are only there for the warm up when there are multiple balls flying about and more chance of a ball going into the stand with someone not paying attention. Been a few incidents at grounds of people getting clobbered by a ball in the warm up.

#3 User is online   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 01:37 PM

View PostJonB, on 11 June 2024 - 01:16 PM, said:

I wouldnt be surprised if they are some sort of EFL requirement now. I've seen them in a few grounds. They are only there for the warm up when there are multiple balls flying about and more chance of a ball going into the stand with someone not paying attention. Been a few incidents at grounds of people getting clobbered by a ball in the warm up.

Ahh that's better then, was going to say seems like a daft thing to spend money on, mind you those metal posts will still be there.

Still at least the new ownership are looking after the ground now, lets hope we get some better food next

#4 User is offline   Sussex Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Town, Harvey's Old Ale, Weller, Lewes FC and Levante FC

Posted 11 June 2024 - 01:38 PM

View PostJonB, on 11 June 2024 - 01:16 PM, said:

I was at a Lewes game last season walking past the goal with chips, pie and mushy peas in my left hand and a pint of Harveys Old Ale in my right hand, a wayward shot managed to take the lot clean out of both hands. Fair play to the player though, he did come across and apologised and offered to bye me replacements.
Growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional

#5 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 11 June 2024 - 01:40 PM

View Postmonte, on 11 June 2024 - 01:37 PM, said:

Ahh that's better then, was going to say seems like a daft thing to spend money on, mind you those metal posts will still be there.

Still at least the new ownership are looking after the ground now, lets hope we get some better food next

Metal posts will just lift out and not be there. They wont leave them in place for a player to potentially run into during the game.

#6 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 June 2024 - 02:02 PM

Sussex Spireite, on 11 June 2024 - 01:38 PM, said:

I was at a Lewes game last season walking past the goal with chips, pie and mushy peas in my left hand and a pint of Harveys Old Ale in my right hand, a wayward shot managed to take the lot clean out of both hands. Fair play to the player though, he did come across and apologised and offered to bye me replacements.

I think Gokus young son took a good un at Matlock courtesy of Nathan Tyson.
East stand second class citizen.

#7 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 11 June 2024 - 02:10 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 11 June 2024 - 02:02 PM, said:

I think Gokus young son took a good un at Matlock courtesy of Nathan Tyson.

He did indeed, a wayward right-footed effort right into the side of his unsuspecting head. But Tyson was brilliant and sorted us out 4x free tickets for a home match as well as a shirt signed by the squad. Shame I can't make Matlock this season to procure further freebies; alas, aforementioned child is now 7 and has football tournaments coming thick and fast.

This post has been edited by Goku: 11 June 2024 - 02:10 PM

#8 User is online   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 02:21 PM

View PostSussex Spireite, on 11 June 2024 - 01:38 PM, said:

Yeah the warm up seems to make sense. Mind you at town you can't take your pint out to the pitch area but if they think it's worth the money fair enough

#9 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 11 June 2024 - 02:42 PM

View Postmonte, on 11 June 2024 - 02:21 PM, said:

Yeah the warm up seems to make sense. Mind you at town you can't take your pint out to the pitch area but if they think it's worth the money fair enough

I think its more to stop folk getting clobbered by a ball in the warms up while not paying attention. Dont want to post a The S*n link but there is a story on there currently about a scunny fan who is currently in a coma in hospital weeks after being hit on the head by a stray ball before their game at Gloucester which caused him to fall over and smack his head on the ground.

During a game there is only one ball and you are paying attention in the main....pre game with players doing all sorts of things including lots of shooting practice with balls flying all over it doesnt take much for someone to get hit by a ball.

#10 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 11 June 2024 - 02:55 PM

I think it was cheaper than paying Quigz off
JRID

#11 User is offline   Dapets 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 05:47 PM

Complete blue Astro going round perimeter of the pitch

#12 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 11 June 2024 - 06:04 PM

monte, on 11 June 2024 - 01:08 PM, said:

New dugouts looking nice, Really looking forward to the new PA system, might actually hear what Colin is saying now lol

Must say though I'm not sure on these "safety nets" behind the goal, are people really that daft that we need nets to stop them getting hurt?

I have witnessed several fans getting hurt by wayward balls,including youngsters.I arrive quite early due to transport and see the warm ups,I always pay attention but have had to parry on two occasions.As a pensioner I was used to the old case balls, everyone always says how much lighter/softer newer style balls are but I can honestly say even when you see them coming and have time to react they still sting to say the least,so for fans I think in today's climate it is surprising that they have not been erected before now.

#13 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 11 June 2024 - 06:10 PM

Health and safety, simples - just trying to reduce the possibility of serious injury to people sat there.
God I hate this league.

#14 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 11 June 2024 - 06:23 PM

Bloke next to me wearing specs,, got a right smacker in the face from Quigley sat in the small stand behind the goal at Wealdstone. A few minutes later bloke in front of me got in the crown jewels from Banks. 3rdtime lucky Banks knocked my coffee out of my hand last year at Eastleigh.

Bloke next to me wearing specs,, got a right smacker in the face from Quigley sat in the small stand behind the goal at Wealdstone. A few minutes later bloke in front of me got in the crown jewels from Banks. 3rdtime lucky Banks knocked my coffee out of my hand last year at Eastleigh..

This post has been edited by lindave: 11 June 2024 - 06:23 PM

lindave

#15 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 11 June 2024 - 06:38 PM

Who is Colin?

#16 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 June 2024 - 06:43 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 11 June 2024 - 06:38 PM, said:

Who is Colin?

Howards alter ego?
East stand second class citizen.

#17 User is offline   SocraticCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 07:34 PM

View Postmonte, on 11 June 2024 - 01:08 PM, said:

I've been told it's the same size pa system as the one they use on the pyramid main stage at Glastonbury...

This post has been edited by SocraticCFC: 11 June 2024 - 07:34 PM

#18 User is offline   Voiceofjoe 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2024 - 11:39 AM

Westbars Spireite, on 11 June 2024 - 06:38 PM, said:

Who is Colin?

Neil Warnock, wanted to end his career where it started.
Aside from Club Chiropodist it was the only job available that he was qualified for.

#19 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2024 - 12:08 PM

View PostVoiceofjoe, on 12 June 2024 - 11:39 AM, said:

Neil Warnock, wanted to end his career where it started.
Aside from Club Chiropodist it was the only job available that he was qualified for.

I dont think the majority want him to end his career where it started though

#20 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted Yesterday, 08:38 AM

Dapets, on 11 June 2024 - 05:47 PM, said:

Complete blue Astro going round perimeter of the pitch

That will look good
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)