• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Boreham Wood

#281 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 March 2024 - 08:32 PM

View Posth again, on 24 March 2024 - 08:28 PM, said:

Couldn't agree more. The defence without Mike Jones in front of it is vulnerable because of the very high line we play. One loss of the ball in midfield and they're faced with two or three attackers running at them.The result we saw at Halifax.
I'd say that with Mike Jones,or equivalent, in front of the defence next season then Grimes will be fine, Palmer probably not, and Williams a possible. It's certainly a department that needs a lot of strengthening unless Cookie intends abandoning his winning formula, and that ain't going to happen.

Liam Mandeville disagrees with you.
East stand second class citizen.

#282 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 March 2024 - 08:33 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 March 2024 - 07:00 PM, said:

Mandy did? Naughty.

Paraphrasing but he just said the defence have been excellent all season and were again yesterday, so hopefully that’s shut up some people on social media.

#283 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2024 - 08:44 PM

View Postdtp, on 24 March 2024 - 08:26 PM, said:

And, that is exactly why at the top of our priority wanted list should be a younger version of Jones because, unfortunately, Mike cannot do it game in game out.

Exactly what I think. Bring in a promising young defensive midfielder and hand him over to Jones to learn his trade.

#284 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 24 March 2024 - 08:49 PM

View PostOsborne again, on 24 March 2024 - 08:44 PM, said:

Exactly what I think. Bring in a promising young defensive midfielder and hand him over to Jones to learn his trade.

Totally agree with everyone that says this,but if it was so easy to do I would guess that every team would be blanking each other out.🤔

#285 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 24 March 2024 - 09:11 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 March 2024 - 08:32 PM, said:

Liam Mandeville disagrees with you.

After all the nice things I've said about him, too. Not the time to be critical, but does anybody expect us to go into next season without a stronger defence? Or at least, a faster one.
Considering the way we play the defence have been good for the most part against great difficulties, but league 2, for all its faults is a bit cannier, fitter and faster than the National.

#286 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 24 March 2024 - 09:21 PM

Jamie Grimes got a 9.3 on sofa score yesterday.

I make it 18 conceded all season when jones has been on the pitch but it was a quick count up (league and cup).
Here we go again!

#287 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2024 - 09:35 PM

Respect to Chelsea for sending there Congratulations to us on winning league and promotion back to football league. Saying they will never forget when we visited in January 22 .It's on CFC fans Facebook fans page with over 500 spireite fans comments back thanking them . I don't know how to link page to Bob's board.but anyway it's class shown by Chelsea and much appreciated imo .

#288 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 01:14 PM

I'm sure someone will put me right if I've missed it, but I've not spotted any post match interview with Garrard or any of his minions. After his pre match pontificating that he thought the large crowd would sway the ref, he seems the type of character to want to justify his earlier claims, why hasn't he? Or does he only go on air to brag about his (black arts) achievements. Unfortunately for him maybe if he's instructed his players to go down they may have taken it to literally.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#289 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 27 March 2024 - 01:29 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 27 March 2024 - 01:14 PM, said:

I'm sure someone will put me right if I've missed it, but I've not spotted any post match interview with Garrard or any of his minions. After his pre match pontificating that he thought the large crowd would sway the ref, he seems the type of character to want to justify his earlier claims, why hasn't he? Or does he only go on air to brag about his (black arts) achievements. Unfortunately for him maybe if he's instructed his players to go down they may have taken it to literally.

I thought exactly the same at the time,not like him to miss an opportunity to pass the blame for a poor performance and distort the truth,steadily reaching their deserved level,long may it continue. :lol:

#290 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 01:30 PM

View Posttedspireite, on 24 March 2024 - 09:35 PM, said:

Respect to Chelsea for sending there Congratulations to us on winning league and promotion back to football league. Saying they will never forget when we visited in January 22 .It's on CFC fans Facebook fans page with over 500 spireite fans comments back thanking them . I don't know how to link page to Bob's board.but anyway it's class shown by Chelsea and much appreciated imo .

Dean Brennan at Barnet also deserves a mention. In his post Dorking interview he very respectfully paid tribute to Chesterfield before he even mentioned his own team or game. Very classy indeed. Top man.
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#291 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 01:59 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 27 March 2024 - 01:14 PM, said:

Hasnt done one as far as i can tell, even a few Boredom fans have commented on it although one said he will just watch the one from the previous game as it will be the same rubbish spouted....think he's losing favour with some of their fans.

#292 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 02:42 PM

View PostJonB, on 27 March 2024 - 01:59 PM, said:

Hasnt done one as far as i can tell, even a few Boredom fans have commented on it although one said he will just watch the one from the previous game as it will be the same rubbish spouted....think he's losing favour with some of their fans.

Not sure they have any link to highlights do they? You have to go through our site.

#293 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 03:56 PM

Akinola would be good now, another year behind him
JRID

#294 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 05:29 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 27 March 2024 - 03:56 PM, said:

Akinola would be good now, another year behind him

If he struggled at NL level why would he be good at EFL level?

Other teams at both NL and EFL level would have moved for him when he became available if they thought he would improve their squads but they didn’t.

I’m sure there will be better in the market place at the end of the season.

#295 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 05:35 PM

View Postdtp, on 27 March 2024 - 05:29 PM, said:

If he struggled at NL level why would he be good at EFL level?

Other teams at both NL and EFL level would have moved for him when he became available if they thought he would improve their squads but they didn’t.

I’m sure there will be better in the market place at the end of the season.

With our recruitment these last two seasons, with Cook, Dyer, Webb, Byrne contributing to the process, you have to feel they will again win through for us with yet more great additions to our squad.

And hopefully it’s not some one who contributed not one goal and one mere doubtful assist to our 22-23 season.

#296 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 06:00 PM

View PostJonB, on 27 March 2024 - 01:59 PM, said:

I think one of the main problems about giving interviews after the match was that it wasnt like a normal nationaL league match what with people on the pitch a presentation of the trophy and then a lap of honour

To add to all that with people all around the tunnel area the media only interested in the champions and the weather turning wet and windy I think Boring Wood thought *** it and just got on the coach and set off home with their tails between their legs lol

This post has been edited by whittman: 27 March 2024 - 06:03 PM

#297 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 06:38 PM

View Postwhittman, on 27 March 2024 - 06:00 PM, said:

I think one of the main problems about giving interviews after the match was that it wasnt like a normal nationaL league match what with people on the pitch a presentation of the trophy and then a lap of honour

To add to all that with people all around the tunnel area the media only interested in the champions and the weather turning wet and windy I think Boring Wood thought *** it and just got on the coach and set off home with their tails between their legs lol

If they'd got a positive result he'd have been grabbing the mic and bragging how successful his tactics(???) had been, even if it meant doing it on the team coach. Even Kevin Phillips managed a couple of minutes last night which was brave considering the embarrassment. This leads to the question is it actually compulsory or just courtesy for someone from the club to do a post match interview? Which ever its poor form not to do one, typical boreham.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#298 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 07:03 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 27 March 2024 - 06:38 PM, said:

If they'd got a positive result he'd have been grabbing the mic and bragging how successful his tactics(???) had been, even if it meant doing it on the team coach. Even Kevin Phillips managed a couple of minutes last night which was brave considering the embarrassment. This leads to the question is it actually compulsory or just courtesy for someone from the club to do a post match interview? Which ever its poor form not to do one, typical boreham.

Talking of post match comments, I had to laugh at Kieron Dyers comments in his interview with Phil Tooley.
He said something I’ve posted on here before; if we’d drawn all the games where the opposition manager said they deserved a draw, we’d be in a relegation battle.

#299 User is offline   Paragon of Virtue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 11:13 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 27 March 2024 - 06:38 PM, said:

Probably just didn't get the chance with the pitch invasion and title presentation, with all the focus being on us. I imagine Boreham Wood cleared off ASAP.

This post has been edited by Paragon of Virtue: 28 March 2024 - 11:13 AM

#300 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 11:22 AM

View PostParagon of Virtue, on 28 March 2024 - 11:13 AM, said:

Probably just didn't get the chance with the pitch invasion and title presentation, with all the focus being on us. I imagine Boreham Wood cleared off ASAP.

Still strange to have done nothing 5 days after the game. Doesn’t need to happen on the pitch after the game.

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users