Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Rivals - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rivals

Poll: Local Rivals (191 member(s) have cast votes)

Which club do you see as our main rival

1. Voted Sheffield Wednesday (18 votes [9.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.42%

2. Sheffield United (8 votes [4.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.19%

3. Rotherham United (34 votes [17.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.80%

4. Doncaster Rovers (1 votes [0.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.52%

5. Voted Mansfield Town (124 votes [64.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.92%

6. Notts County (1 votes [0.52%] - View)

7. Notts Forest (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Derby County (1 votes [0.52%] - View)

9. A.N.Other (please state which one) (4 votes [2.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

View PostBoza_blue_army, on 20 February 2011 - 05:05 PM, said:

For me personally, it will always be Mansfield I regard as our fiercest rivals. The game I always looked forward to, especially the away fixture. Used to get that sick to the pit of your stomach feeling when the game was in progress as losing to them, (not that it's happened too often), would be a fate worse than death. Something I never got when we were playing Wednesday, the blades, the millers nor notts forest or county.

Bang on the money. No other club can make me feel that way.
If only....

#22 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 22 February 2011 - 03:01 PM, said:

Bang on the money. No other club can make me feel that way.

Correct! Boza blue has is spot on and can only be one team. I can't for the life of me understand why any Spireite would vote else where??

They can't stop being your fiercest rivals just because you are divisions apart!! That's just plain barmy!
#notapennymore

#23 User is offline   pedroblue56 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Couln't be anyone else but Mansfield for me, as when just a lad I was at my grandparents house in Carlisle when I heard they'd put six past us (in the league cup - 6-2 ?? )and I was truely shocked for the first time with a footie score. Although I haven't researched it (lazy tonight or what ) I also seem to remember we did get our revenge with a 5-0 drubbing of them the next opportunity we had. That was when our rivalry started in my minds eye, and no other local rival wins have had the same gloss as one over the Stags. Not even the Spireites winning the Star newspaper "local derby league" when ( almost like next season - fingers crossed ! ) we were the most successful against each other - the other teams being the two Sheffields, Donny, Barnsley and Rotherham. Still enjoy the wins over Mansfield more........... But being fickle I'm sure my opinion will change once we play all our other rivals next year !!!

#24 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

Insane to think Mansfield are not our main rivals 'cause they are in a different division!
They have always and always be our number one bitter rivals.
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#25 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

View Postdeath, on 21 February 2011 - 10:06 PM, said:

cant say i have heard that

at the DVS this year, just wait for the B2net.

#26 User is offline   Odysseus 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Fighting Trojans. Making wooden horses. Sailing the Aegean Sea.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

With an amazing 107 votes cast it is now obvious, and has been from the very outset really, that the people of this board view Mansfield as our main rivals in the football world. A number of interesting points arise from this poll! For instance how long, without playing each other, will the rivalry between us and the “Yellow One’s” survive, or is it in our DNA and will continue until the sun ceases to shine? Also why not a single vote for any of the Notts teams? Why only one vote for Derby? Why the discrepancy between the Sheffield clubs? So many questions, any one out there have any ideas? This has been one of the best polls in recent times, in my humble opinion! :)
Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

#27 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

View PostOdysseus, on 03 March 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

With an amazing 107 votes cast it is now obvious, and has been from the very outset really, that the people of this board view Mansfield as our main rivals in the football world. A number of interesting points arise from this poll! For instance how long, without playing each other, will the rivalry between us and the "Yellow One's" survive, or is it in our DNA and will continue until the sun ceases to shine? Also why not a single vote for any of the Notts teams? Why only one vote for Derby? Why the discrepancy between the Sheffield clubs? So many questions, any one out there have any ideas? This has been one of the best polls in recent times, in my humble opinion! :)

It's a fair poll but can be interpreted different ways which influences the voting, For example Rotherham are up there because they are currently rivaling us in the league.

Who would you most like to beat/don't like, was how I voted, plumping for Wednesday, all stemming back from the Derbies to the 70's and some family history.

My mums sister married a deedah (oh the shame) moving to Sheff, so I've grown up with a couple of Wednesday supporting cousins, the banter went up several notches from that first game in 75 and has never subsided.

A certain Terry Curran also explains the difference between the Owls and Blades

#28 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:55 AM

View PostOdysseus, on 03 March 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

With an amazing 107 votes cast it is now obvious, and has been from the very outset really, that the people of this board view Mansfield as our main rivals in the football world. A number of interesting points arise from this poll! For instance how long, without playing each other, will the rivalry between us and the “Yellow One’s” survive, or is it in our DNA and will continue until the sun ceases to shine? Also why not a single vote for any of the Notts teams? Why only one vote for Derby? Why the discrepancy between the Sheffield clubs? So many questions, any one out there have any ideas? This has been one of the best polls in recent times, in my humble opinion! :)

Just my opinion-
1) will always be mansfield town
2) rotherham as they are in the same divsion as us, and have been for a year or two
3) I dont think UTD fans are as arrogant or have the same `big club` snobbery that wednesday fans seem to have.
4) Notts and derby clubs- not really close geographically or culturally in the same way the 2 sheffield clubs are- We(chestefield) have sheffield post codes and get coverage on radio sheffield.

#29 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

View Postbeaker, on 05 March 2011 - 09:55 AM, said:

Just my opinion-
1) will always be mansfield town
2) rotherham as they are in the same divsion as us, and have been for a year or two
3) I dont think UTD fans are as arrogant or have the same `big club` snobbery that wednesday fans seem to have.
4) Notts and derby clubs- not really close geographically or culturally in the same way the 2 sheffield clubs are- We(chestefield) have sheffield post codes and get coverage on radio sheffield.

Last post here

http://www.thecfss.c...showtopic=29518
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#30 User is offline   Odysseus 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

Watching how this poll developed has got me to thinking about which teams see US as their main rivals, I think Mansfield again would top the list, as looking at their local paper when any connection occurs between us would testify to. But what other teams in our league do you think would see us as rivals, would the Windy Millers see us as such, or is their focus on the Sheffield teams, what about Macclesfield, Lincoln or Notts County, none of them spring to mind as particularly focused on us. Any ideas out there? :rolleyes:
Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

#31 User is offline   Odysseus 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

Is there an argument for revisiting this poll / discussion after our promotion to League One? I see there has been a steady trickle of people voting, and it now has 122 votes, but no overall change to the lead of the “Yellow Ones”, which I suppose means our promotion is irrelevant in this context! :rolleyes:

#32 User is offline   oldgoat 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

View PostOdysseus, on 10 June 2011 - 10:13 AM, said:

Is there an argument for revisiting this poll / discussion after our promotion to League One? I see there has been a steady trickle of people voting, and it now has 122 votes, but no overall change to the lead of the “Yellow Ones”, which I suppose means our promotion is irrelevant in this context! :rolleyes:

i voted for the red pigs cos dont like teams who play in red ,i remember the way the plod always tried to crush us against the wall with the horses at the lane , they are a big team and have fallen and they are dee dahs , funnily i dont have the same severe dislike for the blue pigs !

+ the blades are the nearest ( apart from the likes of alfreton , matlock etc )

#33 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

View PostOdysseus, on 10 June 2011 - 10:13 AM, said:

It'd take a long, long time for things to change.

#34 User is offline   billyboy.... 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

Its got to be mansfield for me,i hate them with a passion.. ;)
The team's biggest ever professional win was a 10-0 defeat of Chesterfield in September 1987.

#35 Guest_Spire 12345 (Rotherham 0)_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

Mansfield for me

#36 User is offline   Spireite Owen 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, Football in genral & PS3

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

As that mans shirt says that i see at games WE ALL 8 MANSFIELD,so Mansfield for me.

#37 User is offline   Odysseus 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

I’ve just been revisiting this thread and suddenly realised, that my vote for Rotherham had more to do with that season’s rivalry, and as such has completely disappeared now we are not in the same league, so consequently I have had to amend my vote to the “eternal enemy”, that is of course the “little yellow ones” from down the M1, still can‘t type their name. I find it really weird as I disliked “the windy miller’s” very much for the last few seasons but now don’t really care how they get on, but still cheer when the “little yellow ones” lose. Strange as I’m not usually that fickle. :rolleyes:

#38 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

BUMP
A new hope.

#39 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

Bump
A new hope.

#40 User is offline   McScab 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

so it's got to be Mansfield as your biggest rivals now, as we're only team you'll defiantly play this season, and at least 3 times at that.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users