• You cannot reply to this topic

Tonight’S Games

#281 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:53 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 29 April 2024 - 08:15 PM, said:

With the very real danger of incurring Clarevoyants wrath, I’m starting to err on the side of the Birmingham Airport carpark 11.

Me too, only cos its not 3+ hrs away like the other option..
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#282 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:05 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 29 April 2024 - 08:15 PM, said:

With the very real danger of incurring Clarevoyants wrath, I’m starting to err on the side of the Birmingham Airport carpark 11.

It's a difficult one. Which is 'the lesser of 2 evils'?
Both clubs rotten from the top.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#283 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:05 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 29 April 2024 - 08:53 PM, said:

Me too, only cos its not 3+ hrs away like the other option..

Also the fact that Bromley couldn’t muster a taxi for a normal away league game but suddenly sell in droves for a day at Wembley.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 29 April 2024 - 09:09 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#284 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:10 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 29 April 2024 - 09:05 PM, said:

It's a difficult one. Which is 'the lesser of 2 evils'?
Both clubs rotten from the top.

Therefore surely err on the side of the carpark team were at least it’s easier to see us shaft them?

#285 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:12 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 29 April 2024 - 09:05 PM, said:

Also the fact that Bromley couldn’t muster a taxi for a normal away league game but suddenly sell in droves for a day at Wembley.

It's the novelty value, wembley have advertised the game pushing the chance of using first class facilities!!!
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#286 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:14 PM

View Postspireitecraig, on 29 April 2024 - 05:20 PM, said:

Bromley have sold 7500 on first day

Solihull 1000

Most Solihull fans and hangers on are going the weekend after already, maybe waiting for payday before they can buy another ticket for another day out in the smoke
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#287 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 30 April 2024 - 04:34 AM

I suppose this is what the National League is all about, clubs having that belief that they can play in the EFL, but this is like opening the windows of an anthrax research facility. Both clubs are poisonous to the core. Whoever goes up, I hope it costs them a packet to get the facilities up to EFL standards.

#288 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 06:45 AM

View PostOsborne again, on 30 April 2024 - 04:34 AM, said:

I suppose this is what the National League is all about, clubs having that belief that they can play in the EFL, but this is like opening the windows of an anthrax research facility. Both clubs are poisonous to the core. Whoever goes up, I hope it costs them a packet to get the facilities up to EFL standards.

I’d be surprised if Bromley were the poorest supported team in the EFL whereas I’d expect Solihull to have that honour. Although poor by some standards, Bromley’s support has been growing year on year and it is hardly surprising the level of support for such a local final. Just because we dislike the two teams (with varying degrees of justification0 doesn’t mean we should lose sight of the reality. They are every bit as strong candidates as Harrogate, Sutton and many others before them.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#289 User is offline   philly8mt 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The usual ;-)

Posted 30 April 2024 - 06:50 AM

At least Bromley would have to rip out that god awful pitch, incurring the costs of doing so along the way!

#290 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 06:57 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 29 April 2024 - 09:12 PM, said:

It's the novelty value, wembley have advertised the game pushing the chance of using first class facilities!!!

It is a novelty for every club no matter how many times they’ve been there. As I said earlier Solihull had 5000/6000 at West Ham’s ground (almost no attraction there) and Bromley has at least double the support they have and it is very local. I predicted 30,000+ at the Trophy final if the two London clubs made it through. Although I believe the Trophy final will have more of a pull for the Solihull hangers on than the playoff final, I still expect an attendance of 20,000 or so.

View Postphilly8mt, on 30 April 2024 - 06:50 AM, said:

At least Bromley would have to rip out that god awful pitch, incurring the costs of doing so along the way!

Easy covered by the EFL windfall I’d suspect.

This post has been edited by azul: 30 April 2024 - 06:58 AM

#291 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 07:15 AM

View Postazul, on 30 April 2024 - 06:57 AM, said:

Not just the cost of doing it however...presumably they use it for training as well so where they train now has to be factored in plus i bet they rent it out at other times to bring in funds as well.

#292 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 07:20 AM

View Postazul, on 30 April 2024 - 06:57 AM, said:

It is a novelty for every club no matter how many times they’ve been there. As I said earlier Solihull had 5000/6000 at West Ham’s ground (almost no attraction there) and Bromley has at least double the support they have and it is very local. I predicted 30,000+ at the Trophy final if the two London clubs made it through. Although I believe the Trophy final will have more of a pull for the Solihull hangers on than the playoff final, I still expect an attendance of 20,000 or so.

But then taking funds away from other areas such as signings and any other ground improvements. And on the topic of ground improvements Solihull will be needing Prem league style parachute payments to get that dump up to scratch.

#293 User is online   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 30 April 2024 - 07:30 AM

As much as we may like or dislike any opposing team, whichever team gets promoted, clearly deserves it on playing merit over the season. Peesoahnlly, I dont care what any other team does and more intersted in what we do and who we sign and hoping that we are at least aiming for the playoffs and with the right signings another automatic promoton.
Have passport will travel

#294 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 07:35 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 30 April 2024 - 07:20 AM, said:

But then taking funds away from other areas such as signings and any other ground improvements. And on the topic of ground improvements Solihull will be needing Prem league style parachute payments to get that dump up to scratch.

Undoubtably but Harrogate and Sutton coped, admittedly the latter got relegated after 3 or 4 seasons.

Solihull’s ground obviously passes muster (somehow). Not sure what improvements they’ll need if any. They have a capacity of 5500 with 2000 seats which already meets the EFL requirement so no issue there. Don’t think there is any requirement that the seats have a roof and be on a permanent structure :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by azul: 30 April 2024 - 07:37 AM

#295 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 07:35 AM

View PostBenno Spire, on 30 April 2024 - 07:30 AM, said:

As much as we may like or dislike any opposing team, whichever team gets promoted, clearly deserves it on playing merit over the season. Peesoahnlly, I dont care what any other team does and more intersted in what we do and who we sign and hoping that we are at least aiming for the playoffs and with the right signings another automatic promoton.

I suppose technically Barnet deserved it over the course of the season as they finished second and ended the season 5pts and 10pts clear of the two playing for the chance to go up. Its just these two did better in a few one off games to go up.

#296 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 08:01 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 29 April 2024 - 09:10 PM, said:

Therefore surely err on the side of the carpark team were at least it’s easier to see us shaft them?

If I'm true to my word on departing both grounds this season I said to myself that I would not put another penny in the direction of these corrupt clubs. Distance
and ease (bromley being a nightmare) in my case didn't come into it. Sh..house clubs both on and off the pitch.
I just hope we don't draw either away in the FAcup
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#297 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 08:04 AM

[quote name='azul' timestamp='1714460236' post='1820027']

I think you missed my sarcasm in reference to the "facilities" ie bogs
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#298 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 08:10 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 30 April 2024 - 08:04 AM, said:

I think you missed my sarcasm in reference to the "facilities" ie bogs

I did, but my point remains.

As far as my preference goes, I’m opting for Solihull as I think they make your blood boil quicker than Bromley

#299 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 09:11 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 30 April 2024 - 08:01 AM, said:

If I'm true to my word on departing both grounds this season I said to myself that I would not put another penny in the direction of these corrupt clubs. Distance
and ease (bromley being a nightmare) in my case didn't come into it. Sh..house clubs both on and off the pitch.
I just hope we don't draw either away in the FAcup

Are they “sh%%house clubs thiugh”?
Ok you may perceive the current coaches or owners etc to be dodgy but that’s a couple of individuals with influence maybe. Doesn’t mean the club itself or fans etc are. In football things change fast.
Will you change if Bromley get a new manager who has a different approach or will you forever consider them a “s house club”?
I’d imagine there’s a few fans of all clubs who would think we are a “s house” club from our crooked days of Brown and Carson and fans assaulting players etc?
Fans need to grow up sometimes

#300 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2024 - 09:26 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 30 April 2024 - 09:11 AM, said:

Are they “sh%%house clubs thiugh”?
Ok you may perceive the current coaches or owners etc to be dodgy but that’s a couple of individuals with influence maybe. Doesn’t mean the club itself or fans etc are. In football things change fast.
Will you change if Bromley get a new manager who has a different approach or will you forever consider them a “s house club”?
I’d imagine there’s a few fans of all clubs who would think we are a “s house” club from our crooked days of Brown and Carson and fans assaulting players etc?
Fans need to grow up sometimes

These two teams probably represent some of our most miserable experiences of our time in the ‘pit of hell’ for varying reasons. That has a lot to do with the general attitude towards both clubs and it is very disappointing to see one of them following us. I do think the hostility towards them is a bit over egged though. I have been to both grounds and like Clarevoyant swore I’d never go again and I never did.

Share this topic:

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users