Ebbsfleet Match Thread

#221 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2024 - 10:11 AM

View PostGoku, on 13 February 2024 - 09:58 AM, said:

Exactly, it's really not hard.

It is, they just don’t get it. Give up, I have.

#222 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2024 - 10:39 AM

View PostQuaker, on 13 February 2024 - 10:06 AM, said:

I was actually sat cringing on Sat when the shouts of "shoot" were ringing out everytime Oldaker or Banks (when he came on) got the ball but "morons"? Nah, they are just passionate football fans who want their team to win.

Why not both :ninja:

#223 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 February 2024 - 10:52 AM

View PostGoku, on 13 February 2024 - 10:39 AM, said:

Why not both :ninja:

There were kids sat behind me, maybe 8 or 9 years old shouting "shoot". They aren't morons, Josh, they were having a great time. As long as its not illegal, they can shout what they like as long as they come and support the club. There was also a bloke not to far away from me continually shouting "B****Y rubbish" everytime we missed a pass or a tackle. That did make me laugh though.

#224 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 13 February 2024 - 11:00 AM

View PostNickycw, on 13 February 2024 - 08:23 AM, said:

Absolutely right. Felt a bit like last year in parts, where the ball gets turned over and they’re at the back four straight away. In hindsight I don’t think we had the balance quite right with two attacking full backs, but when it did work towards the end of the first half you can see why we did it

I would suggest that as neither King nor Horton had much joy/not at their best,it greatly reduced our attacking chances?

#225 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 13 February 2024 - 11:02 AM

Looks like their point on Saturday has played a part in their manager now getting the job on a permanent basis....

#226 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 13 February 2024 - 11:13 AM

View PostQuaker, on 13 February 2024 - 10:52 AM, said:

There were kids sat behind me, maybe 8 or 9 years old shouting "shoot". They aren't morons, Josh, they were having a great time. As long as its not illegal, they can shout what they like as long as they come and support the club. There was also a bloke not to far away from me continually shouting "B****Y rubbish" everytime we missed a pass or a tackle. That did make me laugh though.

Mark I hope you'd realise I'm not referring to children in my comments, come on bud, I've got a 7 y/o :lol:

#227 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 13 February 2024 - 11:24 AM

View PostGoku, on 13 February 2024 - 11:13 AM, said:

Mark I hope you'd realise I'm not referring to children in my comments, come on bud, I've got a 7 y/o :lol:

There are a group of our fans whom you have little time for, maybe because they might not be as bright as you, I don't know, you have your reasons but calling our own fans morons because they do something really minor that you don't approve of doesn't come across very well imho. They are not shouting racisit comments, they are not throwing flares on the pitch or shouting abuse at the management or players. What harm are they doing, really?

Did you notice how it lited the crowd when Mandeville shot from outside the box and hit the bar? Personally I much prefer they way we play using the attributes of Will Grigg but come on, people can encourage players even if we don't agree with it.

I know I just wasted five minutes of my life typing this as you will shrugg it off as me also being a moron.

#228 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 13 February 2024 - 11:32 AM

View PostQuaker, on 13 February 2024 - 11:24 AM, said:

There are a group of our fans whom you have little time for, maybe because they might not be as bright as you, I don't know, you have your reasons but calling our own fans morons because they do something really minor that you don't approve of doesn't come across very well imho. They are not shouting racisit comments, they are not throwing flares on the pitch or shouting abuse at the management or players. What harm are they doing, really?

Did you notice how it lited the crowd when Mandeville shot from outside the box and hit the bar? Personally I much prefer they way we play using the attributes of Will Grigg but come on, people can encourage players even if we don't agree with it.

I know I just wasted five minutes of my life typing this as you will shrugg it off as me also being a moron.

That's fine, I don't mind not coming across very well to certain people. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, I suppose it's a pet peeve of mine, along with the numerous 'gerrit forrard t'forrad' comments I've heard over the years. As shown by this thread, some people agree with me, others don't, to me it's a moronic thing to do but others disagree, that's life baby. And I don't think you're a moron at all.

#229 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 13 February 2024 - 12:31 PM

View PostBrookie, on 13 February 2024 - 06:47 AM, said:

No point in taking long shots when the box is packed with defenders

Even less point in trying to pass it through them, as we proved on Saturday. I don't want to polarise this debate - obviously we can score goals by clever passing, but my point is that sometimes this leads to over-elaboration, we look ineffective, and the time has come to have a pop.
Factors to consider. A well struck shot blocked in the area usually leads to the ball pinging around in there and by the law of averages it will sometimes be to our advantage, especially with a Will Grigg in there. Secondly, a good shot doesn't half lift the crowd, and, as many point out, they're essential to generate a winning atmosphere at times.It sounded like a different stadium after Mandy's effort on Saturday, but obviously not for long.

#230 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2024 - 01:10 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 11 February 2024 - 09:35 PM, said:

Agreed Steve.
However, there are folks sat behind me all to eager to criticise Jacobs.
Sadly a lot of fans don't seem to see the full picture.

A few sit near me who don’t rate him as well. Bizarre. Quality footballer.

#231 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 13 February 2024 - 01:29 PM

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. There’s my intellectual input in what I think is a massive over reaction to Saturdays point.
East stand second class citizen.

#232 User is online   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 13 February 2024 - 04:01 PM

View Posth again, on 12 February 2024 - 10:46 PM, said:

The crowd think the primary aim is to score goals. It doesn't make them morons. When attack after attack fails because of an over-reliance on passing the ball into the net,surely the time has come to try something a bit more direct, even if only for 5 minutes. Mandy finally got the message but too late - a few more attempts like that would certainly pay dividends.

I'm a huge fan of possesion,going back to the ticka tacka Barcelona sides with Iniesta and Messi never giving the ball away, but we have occasionally got to be the bull and not always the matador, a perfect example of this is our game against pompey,because they pressed and gave us less time on the ball we sometimes went a bit more direct, it didn't make it any less a spectacle but it was born of respect for the opposition and it worked, we won. I sometimes feel certainly at this stage of the season that its not good possession football its overplaying and this leads into sloppiness and a shade of predictability.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#233 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 13 February 2024 - 05:54 PM

View PostQuaker, on 13 February 2024 - 09:51 AM, said:

So you agree with Goku that the Town supporters in the crowd shouting "shoot" are morons? Nice.

I am no fan of H Again but he's offered an opinion on a football message board of how he saw things at a game, its hardly telling Paul Cook how to play football. Here's me thinking you don't do snide comments.

First of all thanks, Jonesey.

Thanks for removing me from that pompous assed 'ignore' thing you went to such lengths telling everyone about.

I feel like a whole new life's begun for me, I really do.

But even if you're 'no fan of h-again' you still like me even less. Which I guess is why you've tried to crowbar words into my post that simply aren't there. In fact the worst I did was urge some fans to be more patient in my Saturday evening topic of the same title.

Good job I'm not petty or I might pursue you 'round the forum demanding an apology.

Then didn't you recently respond to an "opinion" of that contributor by referencing his previous In a similar manner? In the same way we don't have to go back too far to find you peddling the term "moron" either?

Come on pal, you've gotta get your own act together if you're gonna appoint yourself some pious arbiter of messageboard morals.

Truth is we all get frustrated at our team's search for the perfect goal sometimes. Hell, I've occasionally stood and shouted 'Just bang the chuffin' thing!' me-sen. However like most I sit back down, take a breath, and remember we've a manager who has and is again delivering our best ever seasons with his brand of football.

A manager more than capable of ignoring those in the stands who think they know better...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#234 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 13 February 2024 - 06:51 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 13 February 2024 - 05:54 PM, said:

First of all thanks, Jonesey.

Thanks for removing me from that pompous assed 'ignore' thing you went to such lengths telling everyone about.

I feel like a whole new life's begun for me, I really do.

But even if you're 'no fan of h-again' you still like me even less. Which I guess is why you've tried to crowbar words into my post that simply aren't there. In fact the worst I did was urge some fans to be more patient in my Saturday evening topic of the same title.

Good job I'm not petty or I might pursue you 'round the forum demanding an apology.

Then didn't you recently respond to an "opinion" of that contributor by referencing his previous In a similar manner? In the same way we don't have to go back too far to find you peddling the term "moron" either?

Come on pal, you've gotta get your own act together if you're gonna appoint yourself some pious arbiter of messageboard morals.

Truth is we all get frustrated at our team's search for the perfect goal sometimes. Hell, I've occasionally stood and shouted 'Just bang the chuffin' thing!' me-sen. However like most I sit back down, take a breath, and remember we've a manager who has and is again delivering our best ever seasons with his brand of football.

A manager more than capable of ignoring those in the stands who think they know better...

I actually value your opinion on CFC matters, I even still enjoy your post match summaries but when it comes to your politics, rest assured you are well and truly on ignore so don’t pop the champagne just yet.

I’m not going to get into any discussion with you that isn’t football related, I have nothing to apologise for either.

Ease off and post about football. You are really good at it Snelly.

#235 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2024 - 07:37 PM

View PostGoku, on 13 February 2024 - 09:58 AM, said:

It's more "Town supporters in the crowd shouting "shoot" are morons when the ball is 40 yards out on our right footed centre halves' left foot" as opposed to those that shout "shoot" when they're on the edge of the box with a genuinely decent goalscoring opportunity. A lot of our fans simply don't understand football, as shown by some of the comments shouted out during the matches, but that's the case anywhere in the country so, hey ho.

Ha ha.

The classic example being the one that fell to Williams in the second half on Saturday. Half the ground are shouting shoot and I'm muttering to myself, he's a f'ing central defender!

#236 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 13 February 2024 - 07:44 PM

View PostBlue5, on 13 February 2024 - 07:37 PM, said:

Ha ha.

The classic example being the one that fell to Williams in the second half on Saturday. Half the ground are shouting shoot and I'm muttering to myself, he's a f'ing central defender!

Mind you it’s a good job Vincent Kompany didn’t think that!
East stand second class citizen.

#237 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2024 - 07:47 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 13 February 2024 - 07:44 PM, said:

Mind you it’s a good job Vincent Kompany didn’t think that!

:lol:

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users