• You cannot reply to this topic

Let’S Smash Wrexham’S Record

#81 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 15 February 2024 - 07:22 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 15 February 2024 - 06:42 PM, said:

Dude, appreciate you are a troll and here to get a few bites but I feel like you should know that while you guys were averaging 2k in the Conference, Chesterfield were in the League 1 play offs and won League 2 twice.

A Wrexham fan explaining what League 2 is like to a Chesterfield fan is akin to a small child with special needs explaining to Shakespeare how to write a sonnet.

Spot on TF.

#82 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 15 February 2024 - 07:52 PM

Dude, appreciate you are a troll and here to get a few bites but I feel like you should know that while you guys were averaging 2k in the Conference, Chesterfield were in the League 1 play offs and won League 2 twice.

A Wrexham fan explaining what League 2 is like to a Chesterfield fan is akin to a small child with special needs explaining to Shakespeare how to write a sonnet.

Just needed a reference to the FAC Q/F in ‘97 to hit the bulls eye, mind you he probably wasn’t a fan then, if he was born!
East stand second class citizen.

#83 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2024 - 08:00 PM

Chuck in the words 't*at', 'condescending' and 'Welsh' and yeah, nailed it...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#84 User is online   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 15 February 2024 - 08:34 PM

View PostSPM, on 15 February 2024 - 01:44 PM, said:

Wrexham fan here in peace. Congratulations on promotion. Looks like the National League isn't as strong this season as no one has even come close to keeping up with you. Wish we had it so easy, towards the end it was sickening. I mean no disrespect in saying any of that. You've absolutely dominated all season, fair play.

Anyway just thought I'd share my views on League Two.

Anyone thinking it isn't much of a step up is in for a big shock.

Make no mistake it is. As we have found out on more than a few occasions, as have Notts.

In the National League you can rely on a good number of teams to just roll over, even if they start strong in a game, usually the superior quality comes good and they tend to run out of steam.
In League Two every team has a lot more quality, they have the fitness to compete for the duration and they are much more professional and much harder to break down. The overall quality of players is a lot better, certainly a lot better than I thought it would be. Its a tough league.

Again don't take offence but you will need to strengthen significantly to compete at the top end of L2 in my humble opinion.
We had to significantly upgrade our goalkeeper, wing Backs and centre Midfield and we brought in Fletcher up front - Okonkwo, McClean, Bolton, George Evans. Centre of defence still isn't quite good enough and injuries have hurt us there.

On our record points total - looks like you are on course to do it. However once the title is done it will be a tough ask for your players to keep the intensity up without the need of having to get points. If they do then fair play.

£20 bet with you to a local charity that if Wrexham don’t get promoted this season(looking likely)we will finish above you next season
Have passport will travel

#85 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2024 - 08:43 PM

View PostSPM, on 15 February 2024 - 01:44 PM, said:

Wrexham fan here in peace. Congratulations on promotion. Looks like the National League isn't as strong this season as no one has even come close to keeping up with you. Wish we had it so easy, towards the end it was sickening. I mean no disrespect in saying any of that. You've absolutely dominated all season, fair play.

Anyway just thought I'd share my views on League Two.

Anyone thinking it isn't much of a step up is in for a big shock.

Make no mistake it is. As we have found out on more than a few occasions, as have Notts.

In the National League you can rely on a good number of teams to just roll over, even if they start strong in a game, usually the superior quality comes good and they tend to run out of steam.
In League Two every team has a lot more quality, they have the fitness to compete for the duration and they are much more professional and much harder to break down. The overall quality of players is a lot better, certainly a lot better than I thought it would be. Its a tough league.

Again don't take offence but you will need to strengthen significantly to compete at the top end of L2 in my humble opinion.
We had to significantly upgrade our goalkeeper, wing Backs and centre Midfield and we brought in Fletcher up front - Okonkwo, McClean, Bolton, George Evans. Centre of defence still isn't quite good enough and injuries have hurt us there.

On our record points total - looks like you are on course to do it. However once the title is done it will be a tough ask for your players to keep the intensity up without the need of having to get points. If they do then fair play.

Let’s be rate, Wrexham are doing ok. Yeah, your form has been patchy recently and you concede too many goals but you’re 4th and only 6 points off top. If we’re in that position in 12 months time I’ll be pretty happy.

I have seen Wrexham a few times this season (including beating them in the FA Cup) and I think you have 2 main issues (purely based on the little I have seen), the manager and Paul Mullin. Mullin is so key to how you play but he’s just not looked anywhere near as effective. Better defenders or not fit from his preseason injury? The second part to that is, your manager is limited and without Mullin doing the business he just can’t make you as effective.

Us next season? Yes, of course it will be much more difficult (assuming we go up) but I don’t think we will suffer in the same way. Our manager is much more flexible and we don’t rely so much on an individual player. Just my thoughts. And I personally couldn’t care less about any records. Just need to see a ‘C’ next to us on the league table.

#86 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2024 - 09:22 PM

View PostJonB, on 15 February 2024 - 02:16 PM, said:

Within 17 words he'd basically undermined what we've achieved to this point. Seen it a lot on Twitter etc with both Wrexham and County fans being very precious about last season and the points they got saying it was stronger when its basically the same bar them two so only a couple of games different plus we took points off both of them!

Guess the League teams we’ve played this season show something and I’d bet Cook already knows what changes he wants - if any.
God I hate this league.

#87 User is offline   Painted Wagon 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2024 - 10:11 AM

Sick or hearing people say this league is weaker this year. As Danny Webb says if County and Wrexham were in it and had taken maximum points off us we’d still be 10 points clear. I personally think league 2 isn’t strong with those at the top end recent additions from National League. Our performances against Portsmouth, Orient from League one and Watford from Championship show we are more than capable of playing at a higher level.

#88 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:01 PM

We could only afford to drop ten points if we were to do it and having dropped five in the last two games it now look extrenely unlilkely, although still mathematically possible. Disapppointing, but winning the title, probably still with over 100 points is more than consolation.

#89 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:14 PM

View PostZigsuk, on 18 February 2024 - 01:01 PM, said:

We could only afford to drop ten points if we were to do it and having dropped five in the last two games it now look extrenely unlilkely, although still mathematically possible. Disapppointing, but winning the title, probably still with over 100 points is more than consolation.

I personally think we’ve got a minor injury problem at the moment which means we’ve no pace anywhere forward of the back 4. So yep, if that continues there probably won’t be a record haul.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#90 User is offline   Rogerwillis 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 05:55 PM

Whoever started this thread it has a feel of kings “best squad in the league by far” interview….. the start of taking th me eye off the ball.

One game at a time .

#91 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 07:29 PM

View PostRogerwillis, on 18 February 2024 - 05:55 PM, said:

Whoever started this thread it has a feel of kings “best squad in the league by far” interview….. the start of taking th me eye off the ball.

One game at a time .

That’ll be Zigs

#92 User is offline   SPM 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:12 PM

View Posthilly81, on 15 February 2024 - 08:43 PM, said:

Let’s be rate, Wrexham are doing ok. Yeah, your form has been patchy recently and you concede too many goals but you’re 4th and only 6 points off top. If we’re in that position in 12 months time I’ll be pretty happy.

I have seen Wrexham a few times this season (including beating them in the FA Cup) and I think you have 2 main issues (purely based on the little I have seen), the manager and Paul Mullin. Mullin is so key to how you play but he’s just not looked anywhere near as effective. Better defenders or not fit from his preseason injury? The second part to that is, your manager is limited and without Mullin doing the business he just can’t make you as effective.

Us next season? Yes, of course it will be much more difficult (assuming we go up) but I don’t think we will suffer in the same way. Our manager is much more flexible and we don’t rely so much on an individual player. Just my thoughts. And I personally couldn’t care less about any records. Just need to see a ‘C’ next to us on the league table.

Our manager has a 62% win ratio with us, finished 27 points ahead of you last season and has a CV that most managers can only dream about (multiple promotions) - so if he's one of 2 main issues, we haven't got much to worry about at all. And if the other issue is Mullin then the same applies.

I just don't see you at the top end of league two next season without major investment. And thats not always possible with FFP. How will you get around that?

Your team is largely the same as last season is it not? So whats new? Grigg has been added and you rely on him for goals looking at the top NL scorers but looking at the quality of L2 strikers he won't be enough. Your other strikers haven't cut it in NL so unlikely to do so in the league above.

Even Notts County fans were thoroughly modest about their chances this season (most though higher mid table) and thats with getting a staggering amount of points last season and they finished way above you too. They were there for the taking at Wembley and you still didn't beat them remember. They are currently 9th in League 2 by the way.
Just my thoughts.

#93 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:26 PM

View PostSPM, on 20 February 2024 - 03:12 PM, said:

Our manager has a 62% win ratio with us, finished 27 points ahead of you last season and has a CV that most managers can only dream about (multiple promotions) - so if he's one of 2 main issues, we haven't got much to worry about at all. And if the other issue is Mullin then the same applies.

I just don't see you at the top end of league two next season without major investment. And thats not always possible with FFP. How will you get around that?

Your team is largely the same as last season is it not? So whats new? Grigg has been added and you rely on him for goals looking at the top NL scorers but looking at the quality of L2 strikers he won't be enough. Your other strikers haven't cut it in NL so unlikely to do so in the league above.

Even Notts County fans were thoroughly modest about their chances this season (most though higher mid table) and thats with getting a staggering amount of points last season and they finished way above you too. They were there for the taking at Wembley and you still didn't beat them remember. They are currently 9th in League 2 by the way.
Just my thoughts.

Largely the same except for the goalie (x2), the main defensive midfielder (Naylor - who has also chipped in with a fair few goals), Jacobs, Colclough for the full season, Grigg - and a few others.

I guess how much you know how about the team says all we need to about how much we should rely on your opinion....

Notts beat us thanks to some crap goalkeeping. No matter how far above us they were across a season, on the day they were lucky. And they are indeed 9th despite only taking 4 points from last 15, and of course they could still finish above you....

But you are only here to get bites, so you will now be wetting yourself that someone has bothered to reply...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#94 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:27 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 20 February 2024 - 03:26 PM, said:

Largely the same except for the goalie (x2), the main defensive midfielder (Naylor - who has also chipped in with a fair few goals), Jacobs, Colclough for the full season, Grigg - and a few others.

I guess how much you know how about the team says all we need to about how much we should rely on your opinion....

Notts beat us thanks to some crap goalkeeping. No matter how far above us they were across a season, on the day they were lucky. And they are indeed 9th despite only taking 4 points from last 15, and of course they could still finish above you....

But you are only here to get bites, so you will now be wetting yourself that someone has bothered to reply...

Not forgetting NC have had a change of manager too..
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#95 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:32 PM

Grigg has scored 20 out of 82 league goals

Signed, Grigg, Naylor and Jacobs regulars in League One and Championship last season, plus a sprinkling of loans and others from non-league including James Berry reported as signed for a significant fee

Released, loads of deadwood

Our only other real striker apart from Griggs is Quigley who has scored 8 (mainly off the bench). The rest of our goals 50+ have mainly come from midfield

So as you can see lots has changed. In future before coming on here gobbing off you should do some research.

This post has been edited by azul: 20 February 2024 - 03:35 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#96 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:43 PM

Just my thoughts.

Facts mean little to you which just proves a point that you lot haven't got the brains of a flatfish.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#97 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2024 - 04:35 PM

View Postfishini, on 20 February 2024 - 03:43 PM, said:

Facts mean little to you which just proves a point that you lot haven't got the brains of a flatfish.

I love how he quotes Parkinson's win percentage with Wrexham, as though winning when you have the biggest budget by a mile is something unusual. His win ration pre Wrexham was between 31% (Bolton) and 41% (Sunderland).

Cook's are between 41% (Accy) and 62% (pompey) excluding both spells at Chesterfield.

Let the facts speak...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#98 User is offline   SPM 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2024 - 04:57 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 20 February 2024 - 04:35 PM, said:

I love how he quotes Parkinson's win percentage with Wrexham, as though winning when you have the biggest budget by a mile is something unusual. His win ration pre Wrexham was between 31% (Bolton) and 41% (Sunderland).

Cook's are between 41% (Accy) and 62% (pompey) excluding both spells at Chesterfield.

Let the facts speak...

If your manager is so good why did you finish 27 points behind us?

The levels of delusion on here for a club thats just won the easiest National League in a decade is something to behold. Honestly, I mean your closest challengers are Bromley and Barnet FFS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :lol:

#99 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:10 PM

Proper weird that you’d sign up to a club in the league below’s message board to inaccurately write essays about their team. The kind of thing a peculiar little social outcast might do.

This post has been edited by Goku: 20 February 2024 - 05:11 PM

#100 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:14 PM

View PostGoku, on 20 February 2024 - 05:10 PM, said:

Proper weird that you’d sign up to a club in the league below’s message board to inaccurately write essays about their team. The kind of thing a peculiar little social outcast might do.

I bet he’s got a vlog on YouTube with about 23 subscribers….

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users