• You cannot reply to this topic

The Tory Scum Thread Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:42 PM

View PostDEATH, on 09 November 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

You think our floppy haired leader will resign?

Yep, especially if it looks like a vaccine is coming, and he can go out on a high, without having to worry about the sh 1 tstorm that will follow in trying to balance the books...

Did I mention one of my friends was a diary secretary for a senior labour MP, to them it is not if but when.... I'd say late March, furlough ends, last lockdown restrictions end for a while and he goes on a high (for all of us!)
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#82 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:57 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 08 November 2020 - 02:26 PM, said:

Absolutely. I makes it all the more powerful.

I dread to think of the private words used by our PM.

His favourite - ‘Picaninnie’ might be out the locker for starters.

That one, and the "watermelon smiles" thing , should be wheeled out every time Johnson tries to sidle into Black History Month, or buddy up for the cameras with black school kids who were he to meet them in the street he says would "make him nervous."

#83 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:58 AM

That Tory MP got it right

“ I don’t want to nationalise feeding children, We must not take away from parents their responsibility to feed and look after their children," he said.“

This post has been edited by Search and Destroy: 10 November 2020 - 06:58 AM

JRID

#84 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 10 November 2020 - 07:31 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 10 November 2020 - 06:58 AM, said:

“ I don’t want to nationalise feeding children, We must not take away from parents their responsibility to feed and look after their children," he said.“

I don’t think it is taking it away from parents but when people are losing their jobs or don’t qualify for furlough or whatever (and plenty don’t) needs must!
Look at the huge rise in the need for food banks.

There’ll always be the argument that people can afford clothes or sky tv etc (in the same way the arguments about free health care for smokers and drinkers cause rows)

#85 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 10 November 2020 - 07:38 AM

[quote name='calvin plummers socks' timestamp='1604911937' post='1538423']
I thought you said All Lives Matter?
[/

This post has been edited by Search and Destroy: 10 November 2020 - 08:37 AM

JRID

#86 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 10 November 2020 - 07:46 AM

View PostDEATH, on 08 November 2020 - 01:58 AM, said:

Corona. Every opportunity to help, to offer to work WITH Boris should have been offered, even to the point off offering to form a government of national unity. Being seen to be proactive in times of crisis goes a long way. It could also have helped avert some of the terrible blunders made under the current regime, and if rejected then hey they can say we offered to help in the interests of the nation........much better than perhaps being seems as sniping from the sidelines with the benefit of hindsight

Much to agree with in your post but I’ll pick out the only bit I disagree with. I think the opposition have done as much as can be expected - offer support whilst holding Boris and his cronies to account. Offering to form a government of national unity would not be popular with Labour voters at all. Many already see Keir as a ‘red tory’, to do that would’ve been suicide regardless of the circumstances. Labour (and SAGE) proposed the early circuit breaker which the Tories disagreed with and now we’re doing a four weeker. It’s not their fault if the Tories pick the wrong option.

#87 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 10 November 2020 - 08:34 AM

And also, random but something I’ve thought for a while - PMQ’s are garbage and they defend the party in power from being critically questioned. The amount of times the PM is allowed to duck the question makes the entire thing a farce. There isn’t chance to drill down into what he’s said, it’s all rushed and nothing of value seems to get said or done. The PM needs to be properly held to account and be responsible for the things they say, whether they’re Labour or Tory.

Additionally there has to be a simplification of politics if we want a truly politically engaged nation. The entry point is too high, and it puts your average person off getting into it properly. You shouldn’t need to devote large chunks of time learning about it to be involved.

#88 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2020 - 08:34 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 10 November 2020 - 06:58 AM, said:

That argument might have flown if it were consistent across the board, but with Sunak throwing money around like he has done since March making huge numbers of people dependent on the state, the school meals issue seems an odd hill to die on.

And then inevitably Johnson u-turns anyway and makes those MPs who tried to defend the original policy look stupid.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#89 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:50 AM

Brexit: Government's bill suffers heavy House of Lords defeat
https://www.bbc.co.u...litics-54882088

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Yet Bojo still wants to go ahead with it
https://www.theguard...urse-with-biden

This post has been edited by Goku: 10 November 2020 - 10:43 AM

#90 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 10 November 2020 - 10:34 AM

View PostGoku, on 10 November 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

Much to agree with in your post but I’ll pick out the only bit I disagree with. I think the opposition have done as much as can be expected - offer support whilst holding Boris and his cronies to account. Offering to form a government of national unity would not be popular with Labour voters at all. Many already see Keir as a ‘red tory’, to do that would’ve been suicide regardless of the circumstances. Labour (and SAGE) proposed the early circuit breaker which the Tories disagreed with and now we’re doing a four weeker. It’s not their fault if the Tories pick the wrong option.

Rarely have I liked or identified with politicians (of both sides) but now I have to say I'm disenchanted with politics itself. Seems merely politicking for politickings sake. Career politicians saying the right things for their constituency to retain their seat (both sides again) to continue on the gravy train. Very few seem to have a conviction or desire for change.

I can't control politics (ok...I guess i can protest or become an mp myself etc...) so I stick to controlling what I can control. Apathy I'm afraiid. Maybe that's age or maturity I'm not sure.

As for right or wrong options< i'm afraid that's subjective. We'll never know. Always many ways to frame an argument. I'm glad JC left the Left....utterly unelectable and a dreadful opposition to a poor alternative.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#91 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:07 AM

View PostGoku, on 10 November 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

Yes your right - but that’s how they will try to spin it, which was my point rather than the Labour “policies” being wrong in my opinion - if that makes sense.
A new hope.

#92 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:19 AM

View PostGoku, on 10 November 2020 - 09:50 AM, said:

Brexit: Government's bill suffers heavy House of Lords defeat
https://www.bbc.co.u...litics-54882088

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Yet Bojo still wants to go ahead with it
https://www.theguard...urse-with-biden

Of course there is an irony that you are applauding unelected toffs for preventing the will of the people....

I agree by the way, its why you need a second house to stop the stupid first house doing stupid stuff the people think they want....

;)
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#93 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:29 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 10 November 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

Of course there is an irony that you are applauding unelected toffs for preventing the will of the people....

I agree by the way, its why you need a second house to stop the stupid first house doing stupid stuff the people think they want....

;)

And the irony of you thinking the will of the people is more important than international law, what with you being such a big follower of the rules.

#94 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:32 AM

View PostGoku, on 10 November 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

And the irony of you thinking the will of the people is more important than international law, what with you being such a big follower of the rules.

The will of the people, followed by due parliamentary process, makes the law....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#95 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:53 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 10 November 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

The will of the people, followed by due parliamentary process, makes the law....

Is the will of the people to have us break international law? I've not seen anything that says that, you'll have to point me to the polling data which supports this.

#96 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2020 - 12:45 PM

View PostGoku, on 10 November 2020 - 11:53 AM, said:

Is the will of the people to have us break international law? I've not seen anything that says that, you'll have to point me to the polling data which supports this.

Nope, and in my world the good Friday agreement is sacrosanct, so no agreement from me for what Boris is doing.

It wasnt the law that amused me, just you supporting the HoL....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#97 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:16 PM

isleaiw1 said:

1605012339[/url]' post='1538609']
Nope, and in my world the good Friday agreement is sacrosanct, so no agreement from me for what Boris is doing.

It wasnt the law that amused me, just you supporting the HoL....

I don’t understand how the legislation Boris put forward was allowed by the Attorney General- it breaches the terms of the GFA.
A new hope.

#98 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:31 PM

View PostDEATH, on 10 November 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

I don’t understand how the legislation Boris put forward was allowed by the Attorney General- it breaches the terms of the GFA.

Same reason the US equiv is allowing Trump's fraud investigation - political expediency. Its hard work being the moral compass for a bunch of amoral assholes....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#99 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:33 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 09 November 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

Yep, especially if it looks like a vaccine is coming, and he can go out on a high, without having to worry about the sh 1 tstorm that will follow in trying to balance the books...

Did I mention one of my friends was a diary secretary for a senior labour MP, to them it is not if but when.... I'd say late March, furlough ends, last lockdown restrictions end for a while and he goes on a high (for all of us!)

He wanted to be a hero, good time Prime Minister who delivered Brexit to the masses. Covid came along, which would test even the best Prime Ministers, and he lost interest very quickly. All too much hard work, very little glory in it, and he's been on autopilot for months.
He's also fallen into the trap that Brown and May fell into, by thinking that he can run Government via a small cabal of loyalists. He can't, it's gone wrong, people don't like him very much any more, he's becoming a figure of fun, and so he's looking for the exit so that he can start making proper money again by writing books and doing well-paid columns, and saying "wiff-waff" every now and again.

#100 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 10 November 2020 - 05:15 PM

View Postazul, on 08 November 2020 - 12:30 PM, said:

Another climb down from Bozo over school meals.

Luckily Rashford has ok’d Bozo’s idea. Nice to see him seeking Rashford’s permission though

To be fair, in light of all the economic hardship that’s going on at the moment, job losses and people being plunged into poverty it’s only right the government don’t let children go hungry

Just like Labour didn’t in the recession in 2008
JRID

Share this topic:

• (577 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users