Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Dallas To Barnsley - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dallas To Barnsley

#41 User is online   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2023 - 12:59 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 25 July 2023 - 12:30 PM, said:

You can’t say that you will be jumped on by the mob, Dallas can do no wrong in some eyes. He and his agent took the p*as out of this club this summer. I hope the lad is a compete flop for them.

Blimey you've taken this hard!

We dont know whats gone off, as we've seen from some of the supposed in the knowers even they have got it wrong with various times someone saying he was going to sign but there is no guarantee this was ever the case. Sounds like he listened to offers from Oldham as well...has he took them for a ride as well? Decent player is out of contract and has numerous offers on the table so agent plays the game a bit and gets him a good deal somewhere....not exactly unheard of in football circles.

He's not the first player to look around to get himself a good deal plus things change with offers at different times. The Barnsley interest was likely late to the party based on what seems to have gone off and in his position he'd have been mad to not speak to them and be interested. Its League 1 football for himself after a few years of being kicked around non league plus even if he's one of the smaller earners at Barnsley it will be comparable with better offers he'd have got at our level you'd have thought. CFC will have known what was going off and it seems we made a last and final offer weeks ago so if we got him great but suspect we were thinking it was unlikely to happen so other plans will have been made.

#42 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2023 - 01:11 PM

You can’t say that you will be jumped on by the mob, Dallas can do no wrong in some eyes. He and his agent took the p*as out of this club this summer. I hope the lad is a compete flop for them.

That's more than a bit harsh. He was simply getting the best deal as high up the pyramid as he can. And I understand that, it's not as if he was playing one national league club against another national league club. If he signed for a direct competitor then that's a different matter.

I hope we can now finish the Dallas saga once and for all, forget it and move on.

#43 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2023 - 01:13 PM

Like a woman scorned
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#44 User is offline   WEareSAILING 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 25 July 2023 - 01:17 PM

I've read some things on here but this has to be one of the most stupid posts ive seen. Literally mind blowing... Football is a short career, the lad has always played in the national league on which will be an average wage. His agent has floated him around different clubs to get the best deal for the player to look after his family and earn a few quid along the way. If you was in a job which had 3 different companies wanting you to work for them you would certainly use it to your advantage to get the best possible deal for yourself and your family. Anybody would!

#45 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2023 - 01:23 PM

View PostLincs Spireite, on 25 July 2023 - 01:11 PM, said:

That's more than a bit harsh. He was simply getting the best deal as high up the pyramid as he can. And I understand that, it's not as if he was playing one national league club against another national league club. If he signed for a direct competitor then that's a different matter.

I hope we can now finish the Dallas saga once and for all, forget it and move on.

My guess, based on what Barnsley say about the competition they've had to fight off and wages for strikers at that level, is that he's on at least double what Cook was prepared to pay. So, if we'd paid that and we've got at least 1 player (Dobra) who is at least as good but wouldn't enjoy that parity, I guess we'd have had unrest.

Before the saga closes, I'd like to know Barnsley's compo deal with Solihull. Perhaps anybody who hears owt can update us.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#46 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2023 - 01:41 PM

View Postdim view, on 25 July 2023 - 01:23 PM, said:

Before the saga closes, I'd like to know Barnsley's compo deal with Solihull. Perhaps anybody who hears owt can update us.

Suspect its unlikely we'll find out as likely be undisclosed but ss he's gone to a higher level is it seen as they've developed him better, for want of a better way of describing it, so do they get more than say if he'd signed for us? Likely only be a consideration if it went to tribunal, presumably Barnsley agreed a fee with Solihull.

#47 User is offline   RichThomps1 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2023 - 01:49 PM

View PostJoe Quigley is dynamite, on 25 July 2023 - 06:13 AM, said:

You tell me then, last competitive league goal?

When was your last competitive league goal?

#48 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2023 - 01:58 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 25 July 2023 - 12:47 PM, said:

He's a town player ,he tries I get that ,even when he gets into a scoring position he doesn't look like scoring ,but needs replacing asap

But according to you he's rubbish so who's going to sign him on that footing
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#49 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:06 PM

View PostWEareSAILING, on 25 July 2023 - 01:17 PM, said:

I've read some things on here but this has to be one of the most stupid posts ive seen. Literally mind blowing... Football is a short career, the lad has always played in the national league on which will be an average wage. His agent has floated him around different clubs to get the best deal for the player to look after his family and earn a few quid along the way. If you was in a job which had 3 different companies wanting you to work for them you would certainly use it to your advantage to get the best possible deal for yourself and your family. Anybody would!

Screw that. He's a w**ker. Could've joined us but he didn't. I for one don't wish him well (I don't wish harm on him though) and I don't care how short a career a footballer has, they're not all so stupid as to not be able to do any other work when their career is over.

This post has been edited by metallilad: 25 July 2023 - 02:07 PM

Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#50 User is online   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:25 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 25 July 2023 - 02:06 PM, said:

Screw that. He's a w**ker. Could've joined us but he didn't. I for one don't wish him well (I don't wish harm on him though) and I don't care how short a career a footballer has, they're not all so stupid as to not be able to do any other work when their career is over.

Crikey, you are very bitter. Anyone would think he was a world-beater. Personally, I was slightly underwhelmed by him - if he was anything like League One standard, he'd have put a couple of his Wembley chances in the onion bag and we'd be back in the football league. Trust me, he'll soon be forgotten.
We're on our way

#51 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:26 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 25 July 2023 - 01:58 PM, said:

But according to you he's rubbish so who's going to sign him on that footing

Whose bothered as long as he's not here with powder puff finishing

#52 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:34 PM

your constant vitriol is really misplaced. Agent does job and gets best move for client is not taking the proverbial. Anyone looking for a new job will look at the options, might play one against the other and then finally decide which is the best option. Some might even accept one job and then change their mind and turn it down for a better one. Its life. Get over it and move on.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#53 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:51 PM

View PostBluenosey, on 25 July 2023 - 04:46 AM, said:

You really are loathsome

Do you love him ,so much ,marry him

#54 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:54 PM

View PostMac, on 25 July 2023 - 02:25 PM, said:

Crikey, you are very bitter. Anyone would think he was a world-beater. Personally, I was slightly underwhelmed by him - if he was anything like League One standard, he'd have put a couple of his Wembley chances in the onion bag and we'd be back in the football league. Trust me, he'll soon be forgotten.

I don’t get this belief League One players are echelons above a top NL club’s players. Some are, some won’t be. Players careers would never rise through the leagues if we believed this board- despite history showing otherwise, Or we can presumably expect Grigg to score 40 goals this next season as he’s a ‘League One’ striker. And Tom Naylor to be man of the match every game.

#55 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2023 - 03:22 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 25 July 2023 - 02:51 PM, said:

Do you love him ,so much ,marry him

Another great contribution to things....

#56 User is offline   stainlessstephen 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2023 - 03:24 PM

TBH this has gone ridiculous. Mods can this thread be withdrawn.

Dallas has gone like most of us expected. What he does with Barnsley remains to be seen. Good luck with that.

Its down to the management team to do what they are paid to and fix the only weak point as I see it, up top.
Mainframe... Uncle Eric is helping police with their enquiries

#57 User is offline   I❤️spireites 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 25 July 2023 - 03:32 PM

Oh dear no Dallas!!!

#58 User is online   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2023 - 03:41 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 25 July 2023 - 02:54 PM, said:

I don’t get this belief League One players are echelons above a top NL club’s players. Some are, some won’t be. Players careers would never rise through the leagues if we believed this board- despite history showing otherwise, Or we can presumably expect Grigg to score 40 goals this next season as he’s a ‘League One’ striker. And Tom Naylor to be man of the match every game.

Of course there will be exceptions to every rule, but it is widely acknowledged that the higher up the pyramid you go, the more any mistakes are punished. I'd sort of take that as an indication that a greater percentage of chances are taken hence my comments in relation to squandered Wembley opportunities.

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 25 July 2023 - 02:54 PM, said:

Of course there will be exceptions to every rule, but it is widely acknowledged that the higher up the pyramid you go, the more any mistakes are punished. I'd sort of take that as an indication that a greater percentage of chances are taken hence my comments in relation to squandered Wembley opportunities.
We're on our way

#59 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2023 - 03:43 PM

So he’s a w***** because he didn’t join Chesterfield FC? A club he played a few games for but has no allegiance with?
Wow!

#60 User is offline   Surrey Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2023 - 03:59 PM

Nurse!!! He's left his room again....

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users