• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Post Office Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 10 January 2024 - 01:08 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 10 January 2024 - 12:38 PM, said:

You never give up but it’s making you look daft now. Do you really read the Express?

Making me look daft?, Id assumed that bridge had been crossed a while ago..but…
I’m really not bothered.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 10 January 2024 - 01:12 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#22 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2024 - 01:15 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 09 January 2024 - 09:09 PM, said:

Anyone who oversaw this shambles needs to take a long hard look at their role in it - including Davey, and Starmer. But especially Fujitsu, who seem to have broken every basic rule of auditability in systems by allowing access to their own that looks like the Sub Postmaster....

And then PO for lying time after time, and pushing prosecution rather than trying to get to the root cause of the problem. I wonder what their Internal Audit team and counter fraud departments were doing in all this....

The thing is no one seems to have been told what part of the money was missing. Differences of £9000? Well, it couldn’t be that 45,000 stamps had gone missing could it? Where was it? What about the double entry?
As it happens it wasn’t anywhere, it was a faulty IT system.

Unbelievable

#23 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2024 - 04:52 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 10 January 2024 - 11:37 AM, said:

And now we discover a Fujitsu which'd donated to Tory party funds was handed billions - that's billions - of pounds worth of contracts by Rishi Sunak as Chancellor.

No wonder the usual suspects are desperate to make stuff up about SKS...

They are a strategic supplier, no doubt after winning a lengthy and arduous tender process. The contract is awarded by civil servants by the way, not politicians. And then called off under that contract by the people who need to use those services....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#24 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 10 January 2024 - 05:11 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 10 January 2024 - 11:37 AM, said:

And now we discover a Fujitsu which'd donated to Tory party funds was handed billions - that's billions - of pounds worth of contracts by Rishi Sunak as Chancellor.

No wonder the usual suspects are desperate to make stuff up about SKS...

Revisiting this after returning home I’m wondering what on earth it’s got to do with KSs appallingly weak leadership of the CPS? Whataboutery and diversionary tactics at its best!

#25 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2024 - 05:25 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 10 January 2024 - 01:15 PM, said:

The thing is no one seems to have been told what part of the money was missing. Differences of £9000? Well, it couldn’t be that 45,000 stamps had gone missing could it? Where was it? What about the double entry?
As it happens it wasn’t anywhere, it was a faulty IT system.

Unbelievable

How they thought they could do a system without double entry accounting is beyond me, I still have to revert to that sometimes to explain stuff to people!

And as you say, put the values in perspective - if the "loss" is equivalent to 20% of their days trade, its unlikely to be accurate. If its happening at multiple sites, its unlikely to be user error. Join the dots and move from there....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#26 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2024 - 10:56 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 10 January 2024 - 01:08 PM, said:

Making me look daft?, Id assumed that bridge had been crossed a while ago..but…
I’m really not bothered.

You are though. Cos you have run to the mods in the past. So you are bothered. The Starmer stuff is making you look daft.

#27 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2024 - 11:02 AM

View PostBobby Darling, on 11 January 2024 - 10:56 AM, said:

You are though. Cos you have run to the mods in the past. So you are bothered. The Starmer stuff is making you look daft.

But factually, the CPS were involved when KS was in charge....

https://www.independ...r-b2476524.html

Not sure what the CPS could have done about it if they were presented with a bunch of lies but I guess 11 cases for them showed that maybe it wasnt a solitary issue and therefore more investigation needed...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#28 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 11 January 2024 - 11:19 AM

View PostBobby Darling, on 11 January 2024 - 10:56 AM, said:

This is where you continue to lie, I couldn’t care less what you think of me. I went to the modsbecause you kept mentioning my mum in a derogatory way about cap doffing to her betters. I asked you on numerous occasions to stop mentioning her but you continued, that’s why I asked the mods. I didn’t do it behind your back and I didn’t do it because you were calling me. I disagree with many on here but wouldn’t involve their family in posts, particularly if I was politely asked on numerous occasions to stop.
At least admit that. But I won’t hold my breath.
And again if the Starmer stuff is making me look daft I really couldn’t care less, especially if it’s in your eyes. In fact I’d take it as a badge of honour.
Look out for more KS posts in the future.
Oh and as a well known poster in this section recently said..”why the personal snipes”..loving the desperation

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 11 January 2024 - 11:26 AM

#29 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 January 2024 - 10:52 PM

Anyone else think that Stephen Bradshaw looks a little bit like Putin?

#30 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 12 January 2024 - 03:18 PM

As bad as this is it pales into comparison when compared to the infected blood scandal. Many have died, thousands living with terrible diseases and it's been going on for decades . This needs sorting out too
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#31 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2024 - 03:54 PM

View Postfishini, on 12 January 2024 - 03:18 PM, said:

As bad as this is it pales into comparison when compared to the infected blood scandal. Many have died, thousands living with terrible diseases and it's been going on for decades . This needs sorting out too

^agree

#32 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2024 - 10:37 AM

Sshhhh let’s not mention Fujitsus nigh on £100k in donations to the Labour Party in between 2014 and 2019! Whilst during the same period it only donated £51k to the Tories.
Also during the same period the company had high profile stands at both parties conferences.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 13 January 2024 - 10:48 AM

#33 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2024 - 05:21 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 13 January 2024 - 10:37 AM, said:

Sshhhh let’s not mention Fujitsus nigh on £100k in donations to the Labour Party in between 2014 and 2019! Whilst during the same period it only donated £51k to the Tories.
Also during the same period the company had high profile stands at both parties conferences.

No replies to this yet?
No surprised there then!

#34 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 13 January 2024 - 05:22 PM

BTW just for the record I think Ed Davey should resign as leader of the Liberal Democrats for his repeated chances to apologise (and not doing so) for his role in this fiasco. (I didn't vote for him as leader anyway, I voted for Layla Moran)
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#35 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2024 - 06:22 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 13 January 2024 - 05:21 PM, said:

No replies to this yet?
No surprised there then!

It’s irrelevant

#36 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2024 - 06:48 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 13 January 2024 - 06:22 PM, said:

It’s irrelevant

Not really, our friend was making a fuss re contacts given to Fujitsu but seems oblivious to this! I’m just helping out.

#37 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 13 January 2024 - 07:36 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 13 January 2024 - 10:37 AM, said:

The scum in power, labour not. Spot the difference.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#38 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2024 - 08:30 PM

View Postfishini, on 13 January 2024 - 07:36 PM, said:

The scum in power, labour not. Spot the difference.

Nope you’ve got me!
Both parties happily received donations, one more than double the other!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 13 January 2024 - 09:07 PM

#39 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2024 - 12:24 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 11 January 2024 - 11:19 AM, said:

This is where you continue to lie, I couldn’t care less what you think of me. I went to the modsbecause you kept mentioning my mum in a derogatory way about cap doffing to her betters. I asked you on numerous occasions to stop mentioning her but you continued, that’s why I asked the mods. I didn’t do it behind your back and I didn’t do it because you were calling me. I disagree with many on here but wouldn’t involve their family in posts, particularly if I was politely asked on numerous occasions to stop.
At least admit that. But I won’t hold my breath.
And again if the Starmer stuff is making me look daft I really couldn’t care less, especially if it’s in your eyes. In fact I’d take it as a badge of honour.
Look out for more KS posts in the future.
Oh and as a well known poster in this section recently said..”why the personal snipes”..loving the desperation

Just read this as been away. My point is you give it out. But buckle occasionally when it’s given back. Don’t hide behind your mum. You challenge yet give it: “it’s my opinion”, “ mentioning my mum”, “why the personal snipes” when folk have a pop. You have an easy ride on this board. Stop moaning and going to the mods when folk wobble you. I respect what you post. I agree with very little apart from footie. You saying it don’t matter when you are called out is worrying. Not for me. But for you.

#40 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2024 - 04:19 AM

View PostBobby Darling, on 14 January 2024 - 12:24 AM, said:

Just read this as been away. My point is you give it out. But buckle occasionally when it’s given back. Don’t hide behind your mum. You challenge yet give it: “it’s my opinion”, “ mentioning my mum”, “why the personal snipes” when folk have a pop. You have an easy ride on this board. Stop moaning and going to the mods when folk wobble you. I respect what you post. I agree with very little apart from footie. You saying it don’t matter when you are called out is worrying. Not for me. But for you.

Yes I’m worried what you think, you’ve found me out.
Awaiting your guidance.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 14 January 2024 - 04:38 AM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users