• You cannot reply to this topic

Gateshead Away Away

#441 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:24 PM

gordon_brittas, on 16 April 2024 - 02:39 PM, said:

Conn-Clarke will end up in League 1, probably at somewhere like Oxford or Lincoln.

That is dependant on a number of things as it seems he failed to impress at L1 Fleetwood and whether or not any L1 club is prepared to take a risk on him at the price being asked. He only signed for Alty last June for what was a club record fee so, logically, there remains one or two years left on his contract. Then again there might be a release figure within his contract which could be triggered especially if he wants to move on if Alty don’t win promotion.

If, and only if, Conn-Clarke is on Cook’s wish list surely he will be aware of what’s needed to attract him. However, it is quite possible that Cook believes there is better value in the market place.

I do agree, though, that we could do with a more regular goal scorer from central midfield than we currently have even though we’ve scored over 100 goals this season.

#442 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:25 PM

He should never referee again.

#443 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:28 PM

whittman, on 16 April 2024 - 04:16 PM, said:

exactly that referee was duped twice by the Gateshead forward who fell over twice when given the chance by the

movements of Harry Tyrer towards the ball both times likewise Dallas at Oldham who had also lost control of the ball when he went flying over Tyrers hands

These actions happen at such speed that the natural reaction is to give a penalty especially when its the home fans who shout loudly for the penalty putting more pressures on the referees

The few Gateshead fans that were there last night about 200yds from the pitch would have to shout loud for the ref to hear them let alone put pressure on him….just crap decisions.

#444 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:36 PM

Search & Destroy, on 16 April 2024 - 07:01 AM, said:

We’ve scored 1 goal in six hours of football

That Curtis signing, a back up who’d never played 45 minutes of men’s football in his life

Quigley, a player who looks more like a competition winner you couldn’t find

Amazingly I don’t think many will see this season as particularly memorable

Why don't you have the minerals to say what you'd do about it, then?

Why you're so obsessively scornful towards the bloke who's won four titles in three different divisions?

Please, be my guest, tell the thousands upon thousands who'll never forget that Saturday afternoon when we won this league what you really mean...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#445 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:44 PM

dtp, on 16 April 2024 - 04:24 PM, said:

That is dependant on a number of things as it seems he failed to impress at L1 Fleetwood and whether or not any L1 club is prepared to take a risk on him at the price being asked. He only signed for Alty last June for what was a club record fee so, logically, there remains one or two years left on his contract. Then again there might be a release figure within his contract which could be triggered especially if he wants to move on if Alty don’t win promotion.

If, and only if, Conn-Clarke is on Cook’s wish list surely he will be aware of what’s needed to attract him. However, it is quite possible that Cook believes there is better value in the market place.

I do agree, though, that we could do with a more regular goal scorer from central midfield than we currently have even though we’ve scored over 100 goals this season.

I’m certain Conn Clarke’s next move will be to at least an EFL League One Club or even a Championship side. That’s not to say he’ll immediately walk into the first team at Championship level, but they’ll have secured his signature and could do as they wish with him, have him on the bench and introduce him gradually, or loan him out.

Don’t think it matters a jot what went wrong at Fleetwood, he looks excellent every time you watch an Accy game/highlights. 22 goals for an attacking midfielder is some return.

#446 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:48 PM

dtp, on 16 April 2024 - 04:24 PM, said:

The Transfermarket App says he's OOC in June 2024, and he's under 24.
Imo he's a clone of Jacobs. Great at spotting movement and a good passer, except he's 2 footed and has potential to score more goals. Trouble is, it would be seriously O.T.T to have 'em both.

PS, for anybody ineterested that can see Rochdale v B/Wood t'neet without paying, Rochdale have a cracking CM called Ryan East. One to watch.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#447 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:57 PM

gordon_brittas, on 16 April 2024 - 03:56 PM, said:

Without doubt the worst penalty decision against us in 30+ years supporting this club. Utterly shameful refereeing.

Looked close to being offside too!

#448 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:59 PM

warfey is a spireite, on 16 April 2024 - 03:25 PM, said:

So **** it Saturday then play weakened team as you say full house it don't matter

What's it you? You are in your sick bed feeling sorry for yourself.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#449 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:17 PM

Mac, on 15 April 2024 - 07:33 PM, said:

The last month or so has given us enough of one!

I'm not convinced it's been that bad that it's served as a reminder of the mess served up by Allen, Carson, Turner, and a succession of managers. Game after game, month after month, year after year.

Whatever the objectives at the start of the season, not only have we achieved them but we've smashed them to smithereens. It's obviously not been enough for a minority and I feel sorry for them, that they've not been able to enjoy the season. Our history suggests that it's their loss.

#450 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:49 PM

dim view, on 16 April 2024 - 04:48 PM, said:

The Transfermarket App says he's OOC in June 2024, and he's under 24.
Imo he's a clone of Jacobs. Great at spotting movement and a good passer, except he's 2 footed and has potential to score more goals. Trouble is, it would be seriously O.T.T to have 'em both.

PS, for anybody ineterested that can see Rochdale v B/Wood t'neet without paying, Rochdale have a cracking CM called Ryan East. One to watch.

I struggle to believe he’s OOC in June 2024 if Altrincham paid a club record fee for him only a year ago.

However, if he is, surely Alty can’t expect too much of a development fee as he has only been their player for one year.

By the way, I agree with you about Ryan East. He’s looked decent every time I’ve seen him on the box. He’s 25 so could be a late developer.

#451 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:12 PM

dim view, on 16 April 2024 - 04:48 PM, said:

Interesting he’s not mentioned in dispatches in Dale’s end of season’s awards- a clean sweep of 4 wins for fellow midfielder Harvey Gilmour, including players player of the year.

#452 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:16 PM

charleyfarley11, on 16 April 2024 - 04:57 PM, said:

Looked close to being offside too!

We were sat dead in line last night when their player made the run and he was at least 2 yards offside ! And then Tyrer makes a brilliant block , 2 awful decisions from incompetent officials yet again.

#453 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:19 PM

60s 70s Spireite, on 16 April 2024 - 06:12 PM, said:

Interesting he’s not mentioned in dispatches in Dale’s end of season’s awards- a clean sweep of 4 wins for fellow midfielder Harvey Gilmour, including players player of the year.

Ta. I'll look out for him.

#454 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:36 PM

dim view, on 16 April 2024 - 06:19 PM, said:

Ta. I'll look out for him.

Look forward to reading a scouting report. Can’t say I’ve read or recall seeing anything of him.

#455 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:46 PM

1978blue, on 16 April 2024 - 06:16 PM, said:

We were sat dead in line last night when their player made the run and he was at least 2 yards offside ! And then Tyrer makes a brilliant block , 2 awful decisions from incompetent officials yet again.

If you was sat in the same line as me? would you agree that the phase of play before the play that the video shows, their kid on our left was at least 2 strides offside before playing the ball to where the video picks up the action.

Another pathetic game changing decision like the none handball at York. When are we due for some decisions like this to go our way?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#456 User is offline   Painted Wagon 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:51 PM

1978blue, on 16 April 2024 - 06:16 PM, said:

Definitely, just watched the highlights and even their commentators says ‘Nono no no, it’s not a penalty, he’s got the ball. A really poor decision.

#457 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:51 PM

As bad as the penalty decision is I’ve stopped the video as the guy plays the ball and he looks level to me.

#458 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2024 - 06:33 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 16 April 2024 - 06:36 PM, said:

Look forward to reading a scouting report. Can’t say I’ve read or recall seeing anything of him.

Garrard spot on with his post match presser and, as far as I could tell, a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Yep, East and Gilmour the two best footballers on the pitch. Both CM, both lefties. B/W let them have the ball in midfield though so they were able to cruise without achieving owt in dangerous areas, except for an East pile driver that hit the bar. Clean sheet achieved but they both look a bit flimsy defensively for me. Expert advice needed on that.

Kabby looked a shadow of his former self. Acceleration has gone. I suppose it's a forlorn hope that he can get it back.

#459 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2024 - 07:29 AM

View Postdim view, on 17 April 2024 - 06:33 AM, said:

Garrard spot on with his post match presser and, as far as I could tell, a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Yep, East and Gilmour the two best footballers on the pitch. Both CM, both lefties. B/W let them have the ball in midfield though so they were able to cruise without achieving owt in dangerous areas, except for an East pile driver that hit the bar. Clean sheet achieved but they both look a bit flimsy defensively for me. Expert advice needed on that.

Kabby looked a shadow of his former self. Acceleration has gone. I suppose it's a forlorn hope that he can get it back.

Not an outstanding player on the pitch for me - and I mean outstanding as in the instantly recognisable quality of Conn-Clarke. Kabby a pale shadow of his former self, as you say.

#460 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2024 - 07:33 AM

View Postdim view, on 17 April 2024 - 06:33 AM, said:

Of course he can get his “ acceleration’ back.

Share this topic:

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users