#121 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 03 April 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

:lol:
You'd never had a good word for him until it finally dawned on you that you were making yourself a laughing stock!
Btw another one of your targets has just scored twice - after hird got us back into the game

No one who appreciates good footballers has any doubt that Jay O'Shea is capable of brilliance - the issue is how often and his influence on games when he's got to do the dirty work.

#122 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 03 April 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

:lol:
You'd never had a good word for him until it finally dawned on you that you were making yourself a laughing stock!
Btw another one of your targets has just scored twice - after hird got us back into the game

Well, whilst you're trawling back for the non-existent posts to back up your non-existent argument, have a look for the one about six months ago where I had to point out Hird's good side because nobody else could think of one and as usual fell back on abuse. I pointed out the way he reads the game is a big plus, as it still is, but it isn't enough.
You might like to listen to the Yeovil commentary on Player at the moment.I don't know who the summariser is, but he knows the game inside out and he spotted Chesterfield's strengths and main weakness almost from the start.

#123 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

View Posth again, on 03 April 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

I've been extremely doubtful about Evatt from Day 1. You are, with all due respect, posting rubbish which you cannot substantiate in any way.
And the argument is about Hird's quality. Evatt's is irrelevant, though similar.

Maybe you were when he first signed because of his injury but soon after he got into the team you were bigging him up no end while continuing to put down Hird to the point where a kind of vendetta emerged. That remained the case until recent months. It's well documented, H baby.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 03 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

#124 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 April 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

No one who appreciates good footballers has any doubt that Jay O'Shea is capable of brilliance - the issue is how often and his influence on games when he's got to do the dirty work.

Exactly the way I've always seen it. Unfortunately it seems to have become a straw for Spire-Power to clutch.

Just the right man to bring on against a fragile Yeovil though.

#125 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 April 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Decent L1 squad player. He's playing his part this season. A certain poster said he would be useless in L1, which isn't true imo.

View Posth again, on 03 April 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

Exactly the way I've always seen it. Unfortunately it seems to have become a straw for Spire-Power to clutch.

Just the right man to bring on against a fragile Yeovil though.

No doubt you called that one too :D

#126 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

View Posth again, on 03 April 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

Well, whilst you're trawling back for the non-existent posts to back up your non-existent argument, have a look for the one about six months ago where I had to point out Hird's good side because nobody else could think of one and as usual fell back on abuse. I pointed out the way he reads the game is a big plus, as it still is, but it isn't enough.

what a load of rubbish. I have been telling you for almost 2 years what an asset Hird is to the side, as have many many others. You refused, as usual, to admit you are wrong, and continued your vendetta.

If you like, I can go back and find them, and show, yet again (as with your inflation post recently) your not only a fool, but a lying old fool.
A new hope.

#127 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 03 April 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Maybe you were when he first signed because of his injury but soon after he got into the team you were bigging him up no end while continuing to put down Hird to the point where a kind of vendetta emerged. That remained the case until recent months. It's well documented, H baby.

So document it. And don't be childish about a 'vendetta'. If you don't like legitimate criticism of your heroes you're in the wrong place.

#128 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

Stop moaning and falling out! Wot a result and team performance! Proud to be a spireite! Come on u blues!!
#notapennymore

#129 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 03 April 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Stop moaning and falling out! Wot a result and team performance! Proud to be a spireite! Come on u blues!!

Well said...I didn't go today, didn't see anything and don't care but from 200 miles away I am giving motm to Jay O'Shea!!!
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#130 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 03 April 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

Well said...I didn't go today, didn't see anything and don't care but from 200 miles away I am giving motm to Jay O'Shea!!!

So did the Peak commentator

#131 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

View Posth again, on 03 April 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

this thread makes interesting reading, given the above post.

http://www.thecfss.c...pic=47340&st=20

Posted Imageh again, on 23 September 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

Don't get excited folks. Taking him off the list sends out the message, "This guys playing well". Leaving him on sends out the message, "Here's a bloke we want to get rid of 'cos his performances are dire." If you're a manager looking for a player, which one do you take more notice of?
But not being churlish, well done to Hird if he's off the list for the right reason. It's not a pleasant situation for anybody to be in, especially when he came down from a higher level. Doesn't change my opinion in the slightest, especially now I've had a chance to view the extended highlights and compare them with the complete nonsense posted by his fan club.
But don't take my word for it. It's there on the highlights. On the admittedly thin evidence provided by a few minutes of them, his positioning was poor and he didn't win any of the three headers shown. I'm open to correction if anybody sees it differently,and it may be the rest of his game was immaculate, but what's on there is poor defending.

The people who went and saw the whole match agreed he played well. I'll take that over your highlight-based view on a player you dont rate in the slightest.

Of course I'm sure everyone who went to the match all have Sam Hird-tinted glasses on and all want to portray that he's a good player when in reality he's dire.
A new hope.

#132 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 03 April 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

this thread makes interesting reading, given the above post.

http://www.thecfss.c...pic=47340&st=20

Posted Imageh again, on 23 September 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

Don't get excited folks. Taking him off the list sends out the message, "This guys playing well". Leaving him on sends out the message, "Here's a bloke we want to get rid of 'cos his performances are dire." If you're a manager looking for a player, which one do you take more notice of?
But not being churlish, well done to Hird if he's off the list for the right reason. It's not a pleasant situation for anybody to be in, especially when he came down from a higher level. Doesn't change my opinion in the slightest, especially now I've had a chance to view the extended highlights and compare them with the complete nonsense posted by his fan club.
But don't take my word for it. It's there on the highlights. On the admittedly thin evidence provided by a few minutes of them, his positioning was poor and he didn't win any of the three headers shown. I'm open to correction if anybody sees it differently,and it may be the rest of his game was immaculate, but what's on there is poor defending.

The people who went and saw the whole match agreed he played well. I'll take that over your highlight-based view on a player you dont rate in the slightest.

Of course I'm sure everyone who went to the match all have Sam Hird-tinted glasses on and all want to portray that he's a good player when in reality he's dire.

Looks like very fair and balanced view of Hird's play in that match from the highlights. What's your point?

#133 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 03 April 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

Jay stands with 50% of the vote (out of four goals) for Sky's goal of the day.

#134 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:09 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 03 April 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

Jay stands with 50% of the vote (out of four goals) for Sky's goal of the day.

Always seems to come back with a couple of goals just when you're wondering if he's drifting a bit. Terrific player if he could just find the consistency to play to his potential and not disappear sometimes.
His last run of games, slightly interrupted, have seen him mostly at his best. Let's hope PC has worked the miracle again.

#135 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:26 PM

View Posth again, on 03 April 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

Looks like very fair and balanced view of Hird's play in that match from the highlights. What's your point?

Happy birthday
A new hope.

#136 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:01 PM

View Posth again, on 03 April 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

So document it. And don't be childish about a 'vendetta'. If you don't like legitimate criticism of your heroes you're in the wrong place.

It's already documented. As I said, well documented.

#137 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 03 April 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

It's already documented. As I said, well documented.

Oh, for heavens's sake, who do you think you're fooling with this silly business? If it's well documented you'll have no difficulty in finding it and bumping it up - except that it doesn't exist.
What a pathetic attempt to hide a purely malicious post that even you must be regretting now, especially as the subject was nothing to do with Evatt in the first place.
Go and bother somebody who can't see through you so easily.

#138 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

View Posth again, on 04 April 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

Oh, for heavens's sake, who do you think you're fooling with this silly business? If it's well documented you'll have no difficulty in finding it and bumping it up - except that it doesn't exist.
What a pathetic attempt to hide a purely malicious post that even you must be regretting now, especially as the subject was nothing to do with Evatt in the first place.
Go and bother somebody who can't see through you so easily.

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

And from the tone of this post it looks like you have "lost it" again, old boy.

#139 User is offline   Freddie 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 05 April 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

Should it be old boy or old girl?

#140 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 05 April 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

Methinks it's all you persisting with a complete untruth. I'm simply replying to the lying rubbish.

Now go and produce some evidence or slink away to your next fabrication - old boy.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users