Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Jim Brown Leaving His Position - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jim Brown Leaving His Position

#1 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 November 2023 - 08:10 PM

If this is Jim's idea then so be it, any other way this then its a disgrace.

Especially when the likes of Barnacle Croot cling on, despite his involvement on the Allen board and him overseeing the debacle that saw thousands of pounds stolen from the club. That seems to have all been quietly brushed under the carpet by the way.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#2 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2023 - 08:15 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 09 November 2023 - 08:10 PM, said:

Especially when the likes of Barnacle Croot cling on, despite his involvement on the Allen board and him overseeing the debacle that saw thousands of pounds stolen from the club. That seems to have all been quietly brushed under the carpet by the way.

Why wouldn't it be Jims idea ?
For heavens sake he's seventy one years old.

#3 User is offline   BlueRodneyFern 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 09 November 2023 - 08:15 PM

Hang on a minute Chester it's what Jim has been wanting for a while as he is 71 now

#4 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 09 November 2023 - 08:16 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 09 November 2023 - 08:15 PM, said:

Why wouldn't it be Jims idea ?
For heavens sake he's seventy one years old.

Just the phrasing, why call it a restructure? Why not say Spireite hero Jim has decided to step down?

#5 User is online   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 09 November 2023 - 08:19 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 09 November 2023 - 08:16 PM, said:

Just the phrasing, why call it a restructure? Why not say Spireite hero Jim has decided to step down?

Have you been drinking the gerbil's koolaid and seeing conspiracies? It's management speak, probably put into professional terms by one of the Kirk brothers. Give your vendetta against John Croot a rest.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#6 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 09 November 2023 - 08:24 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 09 November 2023 - 08:19 PM, said:

Have you been drinking the gerbil's koolaid and seeing conspiracies? It's management speak, probably put into professional terms by one of the Kirk brothers. Give your vendetta against John Croot a rest.

At no point does that release say that this is Jim's decision, if this truly the case then its a disgrace, probably formulated by the Mr Tumble lookalike and his brother or another inept Trust decision.

If Jim did want this then noone deserves it more. Reading between the lines it doesn't feel that way, I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

#7 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 09 November 2023 - 08:29 PM

Jim is Mr. Chesterfield FC in my eyes, what a Gentleman and what a Legend. It was thanks to Him and his backroom staff being brave enough to ensure that the fat scum DB did not kill off our great Club. I can remember him playing in His home debut for our reserves in a 0-0 draw with Middlesboro at Saltergate ( I had to do a little report for the Yorks. Post when Eric McMordie was making his debut for Boro). I can remember playing against him at cricket when he played alongside Ade Shaw for Saltergate club. He is still a very loyal servant to the Club and he has the greatest respect from everyone who knows him. Good luck / health for the future.
lindave

#8 User is offline   rodney 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2023 - 08:32 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 09 November 2023 - 08:24 PM, said:

At no point does that release say that this is Jim's decision, if this truly the case then its a disgrace, probably formulated by the Mr Tumble lookalike and his brother or another inept Trust decision.

If Jim did want this then noone deserves it more. Reading between the lines it doesn't feel that way, I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

Mr Tumble??!

#9 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 10 November 2023 - 09:32 AM

Everything is a disgrace about the club in you’re eyes, don’t see why you are on this board.
God I hate this league.

#10 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2023 - 09:41 AM

View Postlindave, on 09 November 2023 - 08:29 PM, said:

Jim is Mr. Chesterfield FC in my eyes, what a Gentleman and what a Legend. It was thanks to Him and his backroom staff being brave enough to ensure that the fat scum DB did not kill off our great Club. I can remember him playing in His home debut for our reserves in a 0-0 draw with Middlesboro at Saltergate ( I had to do a little report for the Yorks. Post when Eric McMordie was making his debut for Boro). I can remember playing against him at cricket when he played alongside Ade Shaw for Saltergate club. He is still a very loyal servant to the Club and he has the greatest respect from everyone who knows him. Good luck / health for the future.

We were lucky to have Jim playing for the Salty Club, scored loads of goals for us in the winter and occupied the crease for hours in the summer 🤣 a great bloke whose batting style was more suited to test matches than 40 over slogs, good wicket keeper as well.
A proper Gent 👍
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#11 User is offline   CFC_SJL 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2023 - 07:14 PM

Totally agree, it reads as though the club has made the change. Surely Jim would retire at the end of the season?

If this is correct, its a disgrace!

#12 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2023 - 07:29 PM

i have watched a good few of them but can't recall if dave has had him on legends of the spire, if not hope this can be arranged, a true town legend who i'm sure has many a great story to tell.

#13 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2023 - 07:54 PM

Stop embarrassing yourself man. I can’t see how you’re a ‘Town fan’ as pretty much everything that happens offends you or is a ‘disgrace’. The Kirk brothers have brought financial security, a pathway to success and are improving the club operationally. To disrespect them is in your parlance ‘a disgrace’. To anyone with one iota of intelligence they have the clubs best interests at heart. If he’s Mr Tumble then you’re Mr D!ck.head. I’d find something else to do on Saturday afternoons if I were you.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#14 User is offline   prolurker 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2023 - 08:13 PM

Not sure how you’re digging out the two big investors in our future.

Jim’s clearly done a great job and at 71 is due his retirement but The Kirk’s probably have all the commercial acumen between them to take us to the next level of sustainability.

We’re top, into the next round of the cup, best position we’ve been in on and off the pitch in nearly a decade and still finding reasons to complain…

#15 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2023 - 02:13 PM

View PostCFC_SJL, on 10 November 2023 - 07:14 PM, said:

Totally agree, it reads as though the club has made the change. Surely Jim would retire at the end of the season?

If this is correct, its a disgrace!

Having spoken to certain people yesterday.
I can confirm their is nothing untoward to read into Jims retirement and he will be getting a testimonial.

#16 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 12 November 2023 - 02:18 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 12 November 2023 - 02:13 PM, said:

I can confirm their is nothing untoward to read into Jims retirement and he will be getting a testimonial.

If Jim's retiring to write a book, I'd like to order several copies in advance.

#17 User is offline   Alice Cooper 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Football Club,
    The Apollo moon landings,
    Military aircraft,
    Annoying my wife.

Posted 12 November 2023 - 02:28 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 12 November 2023 - 02:13 PM, said:

That's a relief and great news.
Until I'm 6 feet under baby I don't need a bed
Gonna live while I'm alive I'll sleep when I'm dead

#18 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:57 PM

Jim Brown top bloke.
Deserves hid retirement.
Townfan an ex mouse with a grudge.

#19 User is offline   BlueRodneyFern 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2023 - 06:42 PM

Chester don't you think Jim deserves to retire at 71 as I know I would be more than ready andcenjoy stress free retirement watching town rather than having to work

#20 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2023 - 06:21 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 10 November 2023 - 07:29 PM, said:

i have watched a good few of them but can't recall if dave has had him on legends of the spire, if not hope this can be arranged, a true town legend who i'm sure has many a great story to tell.

I did ask him but he politely declined. I might ask again now though to see if he's changed his mind at all.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users