• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Men's Olympic Football Q.final - Ticket Available

#1 User is offline   Oh Wade Falana 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

I have a spare ticket for the Men's Qtr. Final at Old Trafford this Saturday if anyone wants one? £20 and kick off is at 12noon.
Gut Busters on Tour

Real Ale Madrid

#2 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I think you can only do this.

http://www.tickets.l...out_resale.html

#3 User is online   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on 31 July 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

I think you can only do this.

http://www.tickets.l...out_resale.html

He can't do that as the event is in less than 7 days time, at least that's how I read that. I'm sure as he's not asking for above face value it wont be a big deal.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#4 User is online   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

No one would ever know, it's fine.
JRID

#5 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

A Canadian tourist caught red-handed trying to sell Olympics tennis tickets for face value walked free from court today despite pleading guilty to ticket touting.

Kenneth Gaba, 38, was caught by police touting the two tickets for the tennis in Wimbledon, south west London, on Saturday.

Officers became suspicious when they saw Gaba, who was on holiday in London from Vancouver, carrying a newspaper strangely.

Having followed him to a bus stop they saw another man give him £100 for the two tickets and swooped to arrest him.

The Canadian said he was only trying to get the money back for the tickets he had bought legitimately as he had lost his pal and didn’t want to watch the tennis on his own.

Gaba, who spoke only to confirm his name and date of birth, pleaded guilty to selling Olympics tickets without authority when he appeared before Lavender Hill Magistrates Court in south London today.

However, District Judge Ken Grant accepted Gaba's version of events.

#6 User is offline   Oh Wade Falana 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

As i purchased both tickets on my credit card they both bear my name, and i guess most groups would have booked via just one person from their group - is everyone technically breaking the rules then when their companions pay them for their tickets???? I'll take my chances.
Gut Busters on Tour

Real Ale Madrid

#7 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

In the case mentioned above if the guy was just trying to get his money back then he didnt help himself by wandering about doing things with a newspaper and thne nipping off to a bus stop to make a sale!! Fortunately for once some common sense was used and he was let off. Whilst i hate ticket touts i think the organisers will expect some folk to drop out of groups late on and then tickets be passed onto friends etc at less then or equal to face value. What they are rightly trying to stop is bottomwipes exploiting folk desperate to get to see things.

#8 User is offline   Oh Wade Falana 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostJonB, on 31 July 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

In the case mentioned above if the guy was just trying to get his money back then he didnt help himself by wandering about doing things with a newspaper and thne nipping off to a bus stop to make a sale!! Fortunately for once some common sense was used and he was let off. Whilst i hate ticket touts i think the organisers will expect some folk to drop out of groups late on and then tickets be passed onto friends etc at less then or equal to face value. What they are rightly trying to stop is bottomwipes exploiting folk desperate to get to see things.

Exactly, the case mentioned should never have even have been made against the person, common sense should have prevailed. I hate touts, although i must admit i have had to resort to using them on the odd occasion (for England away tickets). Anyhow anyone want the spare?? :rolleyes:
Gut Busters on Tour

Real Ale Madrid

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users