Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Top Four.

#1 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:30 PM

Walsall, Burton, Bury and Gillingham.....
I know I slate Cook for his part in his exit strategy and it leaves a bitter taste..but Jesus , look at the top of the table...if messers Allen, Cook and Turner has got their heads together and sorted the differences out, kept the squad in place and just invested a fraction more we would have p..i553d it this season. Absolute total and utter lack of foresight by the powers that be. How mad does it make you, because it grates at me...
East stand second class citizen.

#2 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 10 October 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

I know I slate Cook for his part in his exit strategy and it leaves a bitter taste..but Jesus , look at the top of the table...if messers Allen, Cook and Turner has got their heads together and sorted the differences out, kept the squad in place and just invested a fraction more we would have p..i553d it this season. Absolute total and utter lack of foresight by the powers that be. How mad does it make you, because it grates at me...

I said the same earlier. Bang on the money.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#3 User is offline   twistedspire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:44 PM

Their side today was full of average players from the bottom league. Players we've seen before at Rochdale, Dagenham, Wycombe etc. Does it show how good a manager Edinburgh is, how poor this league is or a bit of both?

#4 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

View Posttwistedspire, on 10 October 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Their side today was full of average players from the bottom league. Players we've seen before at Rochdale, Dagenham, Wycombe etc. Does it show how good a manager Edinburgh is, how poor this league is or a bit of both?

Apart from maybe Barnsley they looked the poorest opposition I have seen this season and they had to rely on our kamikaze defending
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#5 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:57 PM

:angry: Lack of intent and ambition more like.Ok we all know stopping in this league is the priority.Something has to change for us to achieve that. :blink:
Many a good tune

#6 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

The deliberate asset stripping and wanton destruction of a good footballing side has left me more disillusioned than I have ever felt in 35 years of supporting town.

I am really not impressed with the Sheffield mafia and I drove a400 Mile round trip today.
A new hope.

#7 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:34 PM

Amen brother...lost 4 players (Angel aside) none replace d adequately.

No ambition by the board which is ultimately why cook left whatever people think of him!!!
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#8 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:35 PM

We should be more concerned about the bottom 4.
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#9 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:57 PM

your asking a man who as invested 10 million quid to gamble 3 million he got for players against promotion and them walking away for free at the end of the season. Your very good at spending other peoples money

#10 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:00 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 10 October 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

your asking a man who as invested 10 million quid to gamble 3 million he got for players against promotion and them walking away for free at the end of the season. Your very good at spending other peoples money

Ridiculous, you know what I was getting at...btw, I don't dispute DA has put his money where his mouth is, but 10 million?

#11 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

As a footnote..I've probably, percentage wise, spent a fe.ckin damn sight more of my own money this last 40 years on following the team.

#12 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:55 PM

10m million dream on you know nothing he is only worth about 6 million...

#13 User is offline   Kev 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Getting an education from Oscar tone on the merits of long ball football.

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 10 October 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Amen brother...lost 4 players (Angel aside) none replace d adequately.

No ambition by the board which is ultimately why cook left whatever people think of him!!!

In my eyes every manager will be judged on what Paul cook did,and at present the new man has not got anywhere near that yet..
But even jester's cry......

#14 User is offline   stagmanrob 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

I'm really shocked at how well Burton are doing. Going on what I saw of them last season, I had them down to struggle. They weren't particularly a good side, just a very physical one who looked organised. Much like a Paul Cox sort of team....and we struggled massively after promotion. I think Hasselbaink's overseas signings may have helped change that a bit now though.
Bury though, for me, have been the best footballing team in League 2 since you won it under Cook. A bit of investment on one or two better players was always going to result in them doing reasonably well.

#15 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:13 AM

Terrific post, 'Mr M'.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#16 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:24 AM

a kick in the balls said:

1444501748[/url]' post='1151748']
The deliberate asset stripping and wanton destruction of a good footballing side has left me more disillusioned than I have ever felt in 35 years of supporting town.

I am really not impressed with the Sheffield mafia and I drove a400 Mile round trip today.

Sorry for u mate I done that round trip a few times at night too I saw this coming and did not go Very very disillusioned Last years side should have been a stepping stone not tear the side apart After sixty odd years watching town I limiting away games DA saviour and terminator

#17 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:27 AM

Mr Mercury said:

1444504376[/url]' post='1151775']
As a footnote..I've probably, percentage wise, spent a fe.ckin damn sight more of my own money this last 40 years on following the team.

Well said I add another 20 years on for myself

#18 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:32 AM

View Posttwistedspire, on 10 October 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

It shows there is plenty of talent in the lower league to take your pick, if, like us in the summer, have the money to entice them to a club with a great stadium, decent fan base and a club that plays football. That is us. Well it was.

Instead our esteemed manager thought he had a much better idea. Only ex non playing Championship players for him. And tell us he had a better way to play the game. Ha!

#19 User is offline   Elmer Fudd's Thick Lip 

• The Ayatollah
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Big fan of Terry Thomas and Fu Manchu.

Partial to the odd beerd!!

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:18 AM

Absolutely on the money Merc.

Your percentage of money spent/earnings as well is spot on.
Honestly, apologists like Newboldsteve need to open their eyes and take a look at what's happening here... Oh and DA only worth 6 million?? :D If he's gonna be an apologist for those that are running the club, he ought to get his facts right first.

The sickening thing for me last night watching FLT was Gary Roberts having a hand in all 3 Pompous goals, I just sat their and thought 'what if??'.

It greatly saddens me to see how this club is being run, the standard this season is poor, and last seasons squad was better than anything else I've seen this year. I totally agree, it would have been a massive surprise to me (If we'd kept the squad together) if we weren't sat top today.

As an aside, Liam Richardson's behaviour last night was embarrassing. Deserves all the punishment they throw at him, that's the part of that set up that I don't miss.

I feel a fool for advocating giving Saunders time, I really do. He's way out of his depth and the only way to save our season is to get rid, and fast.

This post has been edited by Dave Wallers 'tache: 11 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

Mug?? Being wrong never gets boring!

#20 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:05 PM

10 million where do you get that figure from? making up figures for effect adding a couple of million on and knocking a million off the transfer revenue 4 million quoted by Saunders.Substitute the word invest for loan because that's what effectively DA has done loaned this club 8million at an interest rate of 5%.He has allegedly the most lucrative corporate venue in NE Derbyshire which was supposed to create revenue from match days and non match days to pay for player transfers yet I hear rumours that some of this revenue is now being diverted outside the club.Poor old DA the great messiah now down to his last 50 million

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users