Bob's Board: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#1541 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 24 May 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

The Oxford Academy was formed as recently as 2008.

Following an Ofsted inspection in 2012 it was placed in 'Special Measures' following a report that listed it as 'Inadequate'.

At the time it was described as " The worst school in the county" and also confirmed as 25th worst in the country.

It came out of special measures in 2015 with a rating of 'Requiring Improvement'.

Source of information: The Oxford Times.

Wow. And they're *allegedly* responsible for implementing the syllabus and the safeguarding???

#1542 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 24 May 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

Wow. And they're *allegedly* responsible for implementing the syllabus and the safeguarding???

Who ever authorised, or indeed clarified the CT statement, must be wishing they'd never got involved.
Get Turner, and Sutcliffe, as far away from OUR club as soon as possible.
East stand second class citizen.

#1543 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 24 May 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

My family that teach and other friends just laugh at a qualification where there was no real deadline for assignments, due to a "no fail system" due to teachers marking with feedback that officially doesn't tell you what's missing, but actually does.

It was best described as putting the baby in baby-sitting - spoon feeding and ass-wiping all day long

Certainly the case. Utter joke of a qualification; easily manipulated to suit purpose (like all BTEC quals), poor standard. How it tantamounts to the same UCAS points is a complete mystery. Having then gone on to teach at university, I've been able to witness the transition first hand....unsurprisingly, many of the students are way out of their depth, even at level 4!

#1544 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:20 PM

If indeed the PPP is nothing to do with CFC, then why did boys sign contracts in the stadium? Why did they have photos taken at pitch side, and why were they told they may be asked to do jobs around the stadium?

Also, since LS has never been employed by CFC, why then did/does he have an office at the Proact?

This post has been edited by Mrhappy: 24 May 2016 - 08:21 PM

#1545 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:30 PM

View PostMorgan5, on 24 May 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

All true and not to mention the fact that when they were travelling to matches the minibus situation was less than adequate with some of the lads doubling up on seats or sitting on the floor in the aisles!!!

So they didn't use vehicles supplied by 'Sixt'?

I seem to remember Turner saying that was the case during a meeting with 'spireitenag', though it wasn't clear who was paying the bill or if an allegation of them being withdrawn due to that bill going unpaid was accurate.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1546 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

View PostMrhappy, on 24 May 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

If indeed the PPP is nothing to do with CFC, then why did boys sign contracts in the stadium? Why did they have photos taken at pitch side, and why were they told they may be asked to do jobs around the stadium?

Also, since LS has never been employed by CFC, why then did/does he have an office at the Proact?

He still has a CFC email address, as of tonight

@CFCPPC

Any junior clubs wanting fixtures this summer. Get in contact via email: liamsutcliffe@chesterfield-fc.co.uk

#1547 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:44 PM

Sutcliffe is listed on the official CFC website as 'Head of Academy Recruitment'.

http://www.chesterfi...al/contact.aspx
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1548 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:20 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 May 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

If true, and I've no idea if it is, that is absolutely scandalous. For gods sake DA issue a statement.

It doesn't matter if DA issues a statement they'll only deny it all to him anyway and that's a fact, his statement would be based on a conversation between him CT and LS where the latter would misinform him and blame everyone else and call them liars. Harsh but true.

The guy first commenting (Morgan5) is correct, the lads were couped up in crowded rooms no tv ariel no Sky mould on the walls in some rooms there wasn't even a proper wardrobe for 5 of them to share, everything he's said is correct.

This post has been edited by For your eyes only: 24 May 2016 - 10:23 PM

#1549 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 May 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

So they didn't use vehicles supplied by 'Sixt'?

I seem to remember Turner saying that was the case during a meeting with 'spireitenag', though it wasn't clear who was paying the bill or if an allegation of them being withdrawn due to that bill going unpaid was accurate.

Yes they did use vehicles by sixt and the DC was paying for them too.

#1550 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:12 AM

View PostFor your eyes only, on 24 May 2016 - 10:25 PM, said:

Yes they did use vehicles by sixt and the DC was paying for them too.

CT confirmed in our meeting that all vehicles leased from Sixt had been returned as being surplus to requirements.

He also statedthere was an amount of money owed to Sixt that was being paid off by an agreed monthly repayment plan.

#1551 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:34 AM

View PostFor your eyes only, on 24 May 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

I can speak freely enough to say a lot of the parents opted for cancellation and refund because they didn't want their money leaving in credit with development a second longer.

It was either full on trip or not at all. And yes it seems they are paying it back slowly too which is a good thing.

Lots of contributing factors are into this that can't be revealed on this board I'm afraid and that's not a kop out.

And the £77k of debt was LAST years accounts. So any excess over that in staff wages, or trips, or scholars rent and deposits, and debts that are still outstanding is to be added on surplus to that amount.

IIRC the balance sheet also showed £19k cash in the bank, that's obviously gone now...

#1552 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:47 AM

http://www.derbyshir...erage-1-7929915

#1553 User is offline   Price 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:38 AM

DT doing an excellent job at the moment. Last night's update was also very good.

#1554 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 25 May 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

IIRC the balance sheet also showed £19k cash in the bank, that's obviously gone now...

Probably gone prob days after that 😉

#1555 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

http://www.derbyshir...rce=twitterfeed

#1556 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:04 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 25 May 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

This is disgraceful. 16 weeks and no pay. I'd love to know whether turner and sutcliffe have been paid on time for each of these months where hard working people like these guys haven't had a penny.

#1557 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

I have a number of bottles of bubbly left over from my wedding from nearly a year ago. The day Chris Turner severs all ties with our football club will be a day the biggest most expensive bottle gets cracked open (2nd best on my impending anniversary! :rolleyes: ).

This cannot go on. The lies have to stop. What an absolute shambles.

#1558 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

The noose is tightening ! Both Allen and Turnipe refusing interviews! The FA Football League DCC and The Fire Brigade on the case. I can tell you DCC take safeguarding issues very very seriously and rightly so. The DT who along with prominent Bobs Board members deserve much credit for pursuing these issues that clearly are part of CFC! Turnipe can't keep running forever he will have to face the music! We can all start looking forward to the new season new signings with renewed optimism when the Turnipes shortcomings finally catch up with him and the Chairman has no option but to act to protect CFC.
#notapennymore

#1559 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

Love this. As for turner and Sutcliffe they will always make them out to be the bad people, God Forbid they be held accountable for their bul.lshit.

#1560 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostFor your eyes only, on 25 May 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Love this. As for turner and Sutcliffe they will always make them out to be the bad people, God Forbid they be held accountable for their bul.lshit.

I particularly, love the line that CT owns the venture with "Former Non-League Footballer" LS.

It'll soon turn out that Bradford City wasn't even Bradford Park Avenue - it was the Bradford & Bingley!

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users