• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Admin

#1 User is offline   Bob 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:57 AM

As of now Dim_View (Dave Bowler) now manages this site. He needs to pay for the message board licence within the next 10 days for it to continue although the site is paid for for the next 11 months.

I am sure Dave will take regular backups and arrange a new group of moderators as he clearly is unhappy with the current ones.

You will see I am no longer an administrator and the moderators have been reduced to members until Dave makes his decisions.

Bob
Bob

My wish was always to see the club in the Championship before I die but they have let me down

#2 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:25 PM

Bob, on Jul 11 2005, 12:57 PM, said:

As of now Dim_View (Dave Bowler) now manages this site.  He needs to pay for the message board licence within the next 10 days for it to continue although the site is paid for for the next 11 months.

I am sure Dave will take regular backups and arrange a new group of moderators as he clearly is unhappy with the current ones.

You will see I am no longer an administrator and the moderators have been reduced to members until Dave makes his decisions.

Bob
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ermmm Why? :lol:
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#3 Guest_Mark Jones_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:35 PM

I wonder what other fans think when they log on to this site for a look.

#4 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:00 PM

Mark Jones, on Jul 11 2005, 01:35 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can be simply sorted by a poll of who we want to run the site i think i know who will run the board and it aint dim

#5 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:00 PM

Mark Jones, on Jul 11 2005, 01:35 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps the new moderating team won't be as shambolic and will clamp down on such posts. Having said that I hope they aren't too strict as certain members of the last team were compared to Hitler!
Peter Whiteley

#6 Guest_Mark Jones_*

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:04 PM

dalekpete, on Jul 11 2005, 02:00 PM, said:

Perhaps the new moderating team won't be as shambolic and will clamp down on such posts.  Having said that I hope they aren't too strict as certain members of the last team were compared to Hitler!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I liked the last team I thought they did well under the circumstances.

I am sure Dim_View (David Bowler) will organise a shambolic free set up.

#7 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:04 PM

Well I hope Bob has a change of heart. No disrespect to DB as I don't know the chap. I have always found all the moderators helpful and friendly even when I've crossed swords with them, and I think it's been all of them at one time or another! Have a re-think hey Bob?

#8 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

spireloz, on Jul 11 2005, 02:04 PM, said:

Well I hope Bob has a change of heart. No disrespect to DB as I don't know the chap. I have always found all the moderators helpful and friendly even when I've crossed swords with them, and I think it's been all of them at one time or another! Have a re-think hey Bob?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please take your throne again bob!!

we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob we want bob

#9 Guest_Mark Jones_*

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:34 PM

spireloz, on Jul 11 2005, 02:04 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sure DB will do a fine job.

#10 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:37 PM

Mark Jones, on Jul 11 2005, 03:34 PM, said:

I am sure DB will do a fine job.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i Take it that he will be paying you for what you have had to pay for so far for the time spent on it.

#11 User is offline   Chezza 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:37 PM

Female mods needed tho.

We want Loz to be our leader. :P

The others were ok but male which is always a handicap. :P ;)

#12 User is offline   t0b1a5 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:There are too many name, and half of them would be censored anyway....

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:50 PM

What an absolutely bananas situation!
First of all, Bob, has Mr. Bowler said to you via PM or otherwise that he wishes to take over the board? If not then I fear that there won't be one after 10 days. Bob I know that upkeeping the Board is hard work and it's very hurtfull when board users lambast ad's and mod's a like( like for example on this thread), but don't you think your slightly over reacting to just another board member (DIM) criticising the board authoroties on just another thread, I'd fully understand if you'd wish to close the board down due to lack of time, finances or simply 'cause your sick of the sight of it, but over a comment....... Which leads me to my final point; Why did DIM's nick change to Dave Bowler view in the first place? What happened is, in my oppinion, completely unacceptable. A board which offers the use of aliases should not at any stage reveal the true identity without their concensus. If this was done delibaretly by someone who had the power to do this (and is see it highly unlikely that this was an accident) then that person should have a long look at himself in the mirror and wonder what he's/she's playing at.
I believe it's illegal in some cases to give personal information to 3rd parties without their concensus...I'm not sure if it would apply to cases like these as I don't know the law well enough.
This is my truth........ now tell me yours.

#13 User is offline   Spireite_UK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:38 PM

Who is this 'Dave Bowler' guy, anyhoo?

People are talking about him as if he is some well known character. Never heard of him.

#14 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:40 PM

Spireite_UK, on Jul 11 2005, 06:38 PM, said:

Who is this 'Dave Bowler' guy, anyhoo?

People are talking about him as if he is some well known character.  Never heard of him.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh well thats that then a new message board required
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#15 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:55 PM

Webster, on Jul 11 2005, 07:40 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh well theres always rivals
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#16 User is offline   Aspireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:00 PM

fishini, on Jul 11 2005, 07:55 PM, said:

oh well theres always rivals
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sadly the Official site cant link to that one so its a start from scratch job anybody want to help or recommend a free provider ?

#17 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:03 PM

Aspireite, on Jul 11 2005, 08:00 PM, said:

Sadly the Official site cant link to that one so its a start from scratch job anybody want to help or recommend a free provider ?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are Proboards any good i registered an account a while ago?
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#18 User is offline   CFC Forever 

• Loyal Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:00 PM

i used them before and theywe're good.. but i dont like the look of them
There's Only One Caleb Folan !!!!

#19 User is offline   t0b1a5 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:There are too many name, and half of them would be censored anyway....

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:23 PM

[/QUOTE]

t0b1a5, on Jul 11 2005, 06:50 PM, said:

What an absolutely bananas situation!
First of all, Bob, has Mr. Bowler said to you via PM or otherwise that he wishes to take over the board? If not then I fear that there won't be one after 10 days. Bob I know that upkeeping the Board is hard work and it's very hurtfull when board users lambast ad's and mod's a like( like for example on this thread), but don't you think your slightly over reacting to just another board member (DIM) criticising the board authoroties on just another thread, I'd fully understand if you'd wish to close the board down due to lack of time, finances or simply 'cause your sick of the sight of it, but over a comment....... Which leads me to my final point; Why did DIM's nick change to Dave Bowler view in the first place? What happened is, in my oppinion, completely unacceptable. A board which offers the use of aliases should not at any stage reveal the true identity without their concensus. If this was done delibaretly by someone who had the power to do this (and is see it highly unlikely that this was an accident) then that person should have a long look at himself in the mirror and wonder what he's/she's playing at.
I believe it's illegal in some cases to give personal information to 3rd parties without their concensus...I'm not sure if it would apply to cases like these as I don't know the law well enough.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

¨

I'll take that as an answer to my first question that Mr. Bowler has no interest in taking over. Another question on a mpre urgent base now that the ad's and the mod's have been demoted who's controlling what's posted?? Are we in total anarchy (or "freedom of speech" to some...)?
This is my truth........ now tell me yours.

#20 User is offline   dannypearson 

• MBB Players player of the year
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:footy and beer.

currently addicted to ebay and on line poker

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:34 PM

[quote name='t0b1a5' date='Jul 11 2005, 09:23 PM']
[/QUOTE]

¨

I'll take that as an answer to my first question that Mr. Bowler has no interest in taking over. Another question on a mpre urgent base now that the ad's and the mod's have been demoted who's controlling what's posted?? Are we in total anarchy (or "freedom of speech" to some...)?[right]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/right]
[/quote]

Very good point
This week, I have been mostly... drinking excessively

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users