• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Juan Ugarte

#1 Guest_Mark Jones_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:54 AM

This guy's name is being banded about on rivals.

Anyone heard anything?

Signing him, alongside Paul Hall would definately give us more goals but what about the strikers we already have? Should we lose one to let this guy in or just add him to the squad?

#2 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:58 AM

Mark Jones, on Jun 9 2005, 09:54 AM, said:

This guy's name is being banded about on rivals.

Anyone heard anything?

Signing him, alongside Paul Hall would definately give us more goals but what about the strikers we already have?  Should we lose one to let this guy in or just add him to the squad?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This really would put a tin lid on this week wouldn't it? I wouldn't be able to smile wide enough. He made mince-meat of us and plenty of other teams in this league and I would be delighted to have him to say the least.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it! Lets not get carried away, rumours are great fun at this time of year but they are just that! Having said that, a few folk would be tucking in to a very large slice of humble pie if Roy pulled this one off.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

#3 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:01 AM

I think it is wishful thinking at the moment but we have just come into some money but would it be enough,there is nothing on Wrexhams site yet and yes if we were to get Ugarte i think at least one of our strikers would have to go,but which one,over to you ?.

#4 Guest_Mark Jones_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:04 AM

Looks like another signing will be anounced on Mon/Tue with another international later. Thats 3 so far (touch wood).

So will we be happy with 3 quality players or would any of us want 5 not so good quality players?

Personally I will settle for 3 quality players.

#5 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:12 AM

Mark Jones, on Jun 9 2005, 10:04 AM, said:

Looks like another signing will be anounced on Mon/Tue with another international later.  Thats 3 so far (touch wood).

So will we be happy with 3 quality players or would any of us want 5 not so good quality players?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well we signed the wide player already,one has to be a goalie and the other in midfield,i would settle for that and give the players we have a chance.

#6 User is offline   sixmilliondollardan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:15 AM

I still think we probably need more than 3 players otherwise the squad is going to look very thin indeed- any injuries and we could be in a bit of trouble without the ability to sign loan players as cover.

#7 User is offline   SpireiteDan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:16 AM

Personally i didnt rate Ugarte but his record speaks for himself, and could that international be the chosen one? :rolleyes:

#8 Guest_Mark Jones_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:22 AM

sixmilliondollardan, on Jun 9 2005, 10:15 AM, said:

I still think we probably need more than 3 players otherwise the squad is going to look very thin indeed- any injuries and we could be in a bit of trouble without the ability to sign loan players as cover.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats where the 3 newly signed youngsters come in. Use them as a temporary measure.

We cant afford to build a big squad of quality players. the sums won't add up I'm afraid.

#9 User is offline   Chris_CFC 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:25 AM

would be an excellent signing. go on baz, you know you want to!
Do I look like a ****ing Jukebox?

#10 User is offline   sixmilliondollardan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:36 AM

Mark Jones, on Jun 9 2005, 09:22 AM, said:

Thats where the 3 newly signed youngsters come in.  Use them as a temporary measure.

We cant afford to build a big squad of quality players. the sums won't add up I'm afraid.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True but I think we can, and need to, sign a few more players- Hudson, McMaster, Evatt, Innes have all gone and, so far, only one player has come into replace them. If we don't sign some defensive cover two injuries at left and centre backs could leave us in serious trouble and we also look thin in midfield even if we sign another central player. Up front is the one place we do seem to have enough in terms of number, if not always quality.

It would seem unwise for us to have to rely on the younger players coming into the team as it usually takes at least a season for them to bed in/find out if they have what it takes. An example is Smith who whilst obviously talented still has a lot to learn and isn't yet someone you can guarantee consistent performances from.

#11 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:38 AM

sixmilliondollardan, on Jun 9 2005, 09:36 AM, said:

True but I think we can, and need to, sign a few more players- Hudson, McMaster, Evatt, Innes have all gone and, so far, only one player has come into replace them. If we don't sign some defensive cover two injuries at left and centre backs could leave us in serious trouble and we also look thin in midfield even if we sign another central player. Up front is the one place we do seem to have enough in terms of number, if not always quality.

It would seem unwise for us to have to rely on the younger players coming into the team as it usually takes at least a season for them to bed in/find out if they have what it takes. An example is Smith who whilst obviously talented still has a lot to learn and isn't yet someone you can guarantee consistent performances from.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its actually:-

Hudson
Evatt
Innes
Dawson
Richmond
McMaster
Logan

all not being paid

#12 Guest_Mark Jones_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:44 AM

Spired, on Jun 9 2005, 10:38 AM, said:

its actually:-

Hudson
Evatt
Innes
Dawson
Richmond
McMaster
Logan

all not being paid
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didnt McMaster come in after Innes had left? Therefore I would assume we were not paying them both at the same time. Same goes for Richmond

#13 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

Mark Jones, on Jun 9 2005, 10:44 AM, said:

Didnt McMaster come in after Innes had left?  Therefore I would assume we were not paying them both at the same time.  Same goes for Richmond
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Out of the players listed there i expect we are still paying Hudson hes still contracted to us until the end of the month.
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#14 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:51 AM

Mark Jones, on Jun 9 2005, 10:04 AM, said:

Looks like another signing will be anounced on Mon/Tue with another international later.  Thats 3 so far (touch wood).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think with Evatts departure most would expect 4 quality players in
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#15 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:52 AM

Webster, on Jun 9 2005, 10:49 AM, said:

Out of the players listed there i expect we are still paying Hudson hes still contracted to us until the end of the month.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would hope we aren't still paying him he quit.

#16 Guest_Mark Jones_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:55 AM

Webster, on Jun 9 2005, 10:51 AM, said:

I think with Evatts departure most would expect 4 quality players in
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Four would be nice but I was taking into account Evvos fee when I said three quality players. If it can be stretched to four, I will be amazed.

#17 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:01 AM

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...el=Championship

Just found this link.

#18 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:03 AM

look on the cardiff website and it now seems they aint interested as much. who knows
Up the Blues

#19 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

Meden Blue, on Jun 9 2005, 11:03 AM, said:

look on the cardiff website and it now seems they aint interested as much. who knows
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i noticed they are old stories,i suppose we will have to wait and see,here's another link

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...l=Football_Home

#20 User is offline   SpireiteDan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:09 PM

Well it looks like hes off to cardiff, does chesterfield and cardiff really sound that similar? :P

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users