Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Droylsden Stand Fire - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Droylsden Stand Fire

#41 User is offline   Mel. 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

View Postmoondog, on Dec 21 2008, 12:20 PM, said:

No they haven't you've just passed a test that they'll be ok for tuesday

has the game actually been confirmed yet?

#42 User is offline   Scottish Blood 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

View Postmoondog, on Dec 21 2008, 12:20 PM, said:

No they haven't you've just passed a test that they'll be ok for tuesday

lol

#43 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

View Postspireite_mellor, on Dec 21 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

has the game actually been confirmed yet?

Yes

#44 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:39 PM

View PostScottish Blood, on Dec 21 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

lol

I didn't think it was that funny.

#45 User is offline   Mel. 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:40 PM

score prediction for this match?
4-0 town i reckon

#46 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

View PostScottish Blood, on Dec 21 2008, 11:59 AM, said:

Actually, no cringing, we had a pint and a blether about it at Tamworth yesterday :lol:

Here's a list of facts from me:

I'd never heard of Chesterfield before I moved south.
I don't want to watch league football as I prefer to watch non league - City is close but have no interest. Most Bloods fans are the same so the angle of "You'll never be in the league" doesn't create much fuss.
I know the difference between your and you're - I know it's pedantic but it's basic English!
Moss Side is South Manchester, we are East - besides it's not as notorious as it used to be
The FA have investigated the electrical issue and proved there was no foul play.

I'd list more but apparently I need to go back to the kitchen and make some pie as one of your fellow forum trolls suggested :)

Then geographically you were a bit short

I don't think much of the Premiership for entertainment, doesn't mean i wouldn't kill to have us at that level

The lowest level of debate

Yet half of your lads seem to want an investigation in to that "fog" lol

Who's Forum? There's a clue for you :) Can't see why we all think you're a two-hat.. Going on a rival football messageboard and everything.. Disgusting isn't it.

A bit like spitting and racism some might say.
Carson Out.

#47 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

Re The Darren Brown days, there's some good articles by David Conn on the internet, worth reading, have a read at these to see how our fans care about our club and why we prefer not to have a crook in charge:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...unt-689711.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ure-754053.html

David Conn also wrote these too about Dave Pace's business partner and close friend:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ule-617848.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ter-615681.html

That's the same close friend and business partner that:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-n...00252-20339294/

and:

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/2401405.stm

This post has been edited by Blueprint: 21 December 2008 - 08:55 PM

#48 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

And thinking back to the days of Darren Brown again, lets now see exactly what Steven Vaughan did to Barrow, see it there are any similarities to when our crook led us to ruin.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/2286/ne...902/barrow.html

#49 User is offline   Scottish Blood 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

View PostPositiveOmen, on Dec 21 2008, 02:11 PM, said:

Then geographically you were a bit short

I don't think much of the Premiership for entertainment, doesn't mean i wouldn't kill to have us at that level

The lowest level of debate

Yet half of your lads seem to want an investigation in to that "fog" lol

Who's Forum? There's a clue for you :D Can't see why we all think you're a two-hat.. Going on a rival football messageboard and everything.. Disgusting isn't it.

A bit like spitting and racism some might say.

I'm sure you would know where remote parts of Scotland are then? For me Chesterfield is not big enough to draw attention before I moved to England. Doesn't make it a bad place or contain bad people. My comment was more that it doesn't really matter if someone has heard of a place before.

If I wanted to watch the premiership I'd go 2 miles further on a Saturday, I don't and never will.

I told you I was being pedantic

No one wants to investigate the fog, it was a one off comment in jest that you lot took seriously

It's a free country apparently so I'll read and post wherever I like - what's two hat? Not heard of that before

I don't like spitting and racism as much as the next normal person and I am especially embarrassed by the few people who are ruining our friendly name. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be associated with the coin throwers that most on here seem to conveniently forget about.

#50 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

View PostScottish Blood, on Dec 21 2008, 09:13 PM, said:

I'm sure you would know where remote parts of Scotland are then? For me Chesterfield is not big enough to draw attention before I moved to England. Doesn't make it a bad place or contain bad people. My comment was more that it doesn't really matter if someone has heard of a place before.

If I wanted to watch the premiership I'd go 2 miles further on a Saturday, I don't and never will.

I told you I was being pedantic

No one wants to investigate the fog, it was a one off comment in jest that you lot took seriously

It's a free country apparently so I'll read and post wherever I like - what's two hat? Not heard of that before

I don't like spitting and racism as much as the next normal person and I am especially embarrassed by the few people who are ruining our friendly name. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be associated with the coin throwers that most on here seem to conveniently forget about.

I wouldn't exactly call it remote :mellow: It's a historically famous place, and around some big cities, and it usually comes up on the map for the weather on tv :lol:

I wasn't talking about watching it, i was talking about the chance to play at a higher level. It is all well and good to "big up" a level, when it's all you're likely to experience and achieve as a club.

Please, on your site and a few comments on this one, theres been your guys talking about how they were robbed lmao Next joke..

I'm hoping the two-hat bit is sarcastic. And i didn't say you couldn't come on, just amazed by how surprised you are by the reception you've got, as your gang come on here to spark it.

And you know what the difference is? I saw the coin throwers in the Kop, they were 14 at most, and the coins hardly reached the pitch. Now how old were your bad guys?

Old enough to know better. And i'll say it again. Two-hats :D
Carson Out.

#51 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

View PostPositiveOmen, on Dec 21 2008, 10:16 PM, said:

I wouldn't exactly call it remote :wacko: It's a historically famous place, and around some big cities, and it usually comes up on the map for the weather on tv :lol:

I wasn't talking about watching it, i was talking about the chance to play at a higher level. It is all well and good to "big up" a level, when it's all you're likely to experience and achieve as a club.

Please, on your site and a few comments on this one, theres been your guys talking about how they were robbed lmao Next joke..

I'm hoping the two-hat bit is sarcastic. And i didn't say you couldn't come on, just amazed by how surprised you are by the reception you've got, as your gang come on here to spark it.

And you know what the difference is? I saw the coin throwers in the Kop, they were 14 at most, and the coins hardly reached the pitch. Now how old were your bad guys?

Old enough to know better. And i'll say it again. Two-hats :D

Cheating and racist ones at that
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#52 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

I'd never heard of Droylsden before the second round draw.

I'm perfectly happy watching league football and would like to continue to so do.

I also know the difference between your and you're.

Couldn't comment - I have no interest in the geography of Manchester.

I seem to have missed the FA's investigation. Perhaps you could explain to me why there was no attempt made to restart the floodlights last Tuesday. I would also be interested in taking a look at your ground's electrical schematics - maybe that would explain exactly how problems with the beer pump electrics had any effect on the floodlights. Does it not strike you as ....... unlikley to say the least?

See you Tuesday. I'll repeat what I said to the programme seller last week - you've had your chance and I'll show my a**e in Poundstretcher window if you get anything out of the game. I think my a**e and Poundstretcher are safe.

Stevie B

View PostScottish Blood, on Dec 21 2008, 11:59 AM, said:

Actually, no cringing, we had a pint and a blether about it at Tamworth yesterday :D

Here's a list of facts from me:

I'd never heard of Chesterfield before I moved south.
I don't want to watch league football as I prefer to watch non league - City is close but have no interest. Most Bloods fans are the same so the angle of "You'll never be in the league" doesn't create much fuss.
I know the difference between your and you're - I know it's pedantic but it's basic English!
Moss Side is South Manchester, we are East - besides it's not as notorious as it used to be
The FA have investigated the electrical issue and proved there was no foul play.

I'd list more but apparently I need to go back to the kitchen and make some pie as one of your fellow forum trolls suggested :wacko:

This post has been edited by carrie69: 21 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

#53 User is offline   Scottish Blood 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:49 AM

I wasn't being sarcastic about two hat bit!! Must be an English thing.

I had a choice when I moved here to support several clubs from all types of leagues from Unibond Premier through to Premier League. I chose the one a mile away from my house like a true fan would. My point was I chose that because I don't want to watch football that's built around corporate hogwash.

and for the racist comment - an adult unfortunately, well one pretending to be one! the spitting was from some skinny little runt who looked about 10. If I see kids on a normal game even spitting at all I tell them to stop. It's a vile disgusting habit and even worse when directed at another person. Kids and people like that shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets never mind attend football matches

#54 User is offline   Sin 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:00 AM

View Postdalekpete, on Dec 20 2008, 11:18 PM, said:

I hope you never get a Chairman who is an embarrassment to all of football…

I can only hope this was said tongue-in-cheek!

#55 User is offline   CFC_blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

View PostScottish Blood, on Dec 22 2008, 07:52 AM, said:

I had a choice when I moved here to support several clubs from all types of leagues from Unibond Premier through to Premier League. I chose the one a mile away from my house like a true fan would. My point was I chose that because I don't want to watch football that's built around corporate hogwash.

and for the racist comment - an adult unfortunately, well one pretending to be one! the spitting was from some skinny little runt who looked about 10. If I see kids on a normal game even spitting at all I tell them to stop. It's a vile disgusting habit and even worse when directed at another person. Kids and people like that shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets never mind attend football matches

Well said Scottish Bl**d.

#56 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

View PostScottish Blood, on Dec 22 2008, 07:52 AM, said:

Good post.

Say Two-Hat very quickly lol
Carson Out.

#57 User is offline   Scottish Blood 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:47 PM

View PostPositiveOmen, on Dec 22 2008, 01:20 PM, said:

Good post.

Say Two-Hat very quickly lol

ahhhhhhh now I get it lol, doesn't work too well with my accent :blush: