• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just Got Back.

#1 User is offline   oh rodney rodney 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:heavy rock/metal classic rock, having a gargle + CHESTERFIELD + EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUBS

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

how did we not score today chance after chance total domination should have been 4up after 20mins if only we had a poacher, as for the defence evatt was outstanding led by example mom by a mile
FROM THE GREEN GREEN GRASS OF SALTERGATE,

#2 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

View Postoh rodney rodney, on 23 August 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

how did we not score today chance after chance total domination should have been 4up after 20mins if only we had a poacher, as for the defence evatt was outstanding led by example mom by a mile
maybe because our front 4 historically have poor goals to games ratios, the likes of banks and gardner really do have to step up and claim their place because they will get chances if the front 4 keep drawing blanks.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#3 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

Did we play well? Know nowt apart from the score - just back from a thrashing at cricket.

#4 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 August 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

Did we play well? Know nowt apart from the score - just back from a thrashing at cricket.

Yep. Just couldn't put it in the onion bag!!

#5 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

Played well, dominated most of the game, lee had very little to do apart from one routine save. Proctor should have been sent off for them in the first half, it took the third bad challenge before he was booked, he did it again and the ref just had a word with him, he bottled the sending off.
Lots of chances but no one to put them away. Armands new hairstyle appears to have prevented him jumping off the floor for headers.
Today was 2 points lost, but in fairness I would have taken a point before the game.
As we all know, if we get someone to finish the chances we are creating this season could get very interesting.
I would like to see if Dan Gardner when fully fit can score some goals. Gary Roberts stated to look tired in the second half.
Jones gets better every game, defence looking confident.
Fans were quieter than usual today
I was interviewed by Spireite player outside the Chippy, I was asked to predict the score and got that wrong , then was asked what I thought of Fleetwood, managed to stop myself swearing. With a face for radio I am sure my interview will end up on the cutting room floor

This post has been edited by Benno Spire: 23 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Have passport will travel

#6 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 23 August 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

maybe because our front 4 historically have poor goals to games ratios, the likes of banks and gardner really do have to step up and claim their place because they will get chances if the front 4 keep drawing blanks.

You seem to be into ratios at the moment. Maybe Cookie should look for a striker called Horatio!

#7 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

View Postdjs, on 23 August 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Yep. Just couldn't put it in the onion bag!!

agreed, so frustrating, played very well first half, should have been out of sight. bit more even in the second.

striker still required.
The pride of Derbyshire

#8 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

For those that went, how did Doyle do and how many good chances did he not take?

Not a criticism, but it sounded like the better chances today fell to other players, so had a "striker" played in stead of Doyle, with no real chances to speak of, what difference would he have made?

#9 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 23 August 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

For those that went, how did Doyle do and how many good chances did he not take?

Not a criticism, but it sounded like the better chances today fell to other players, so had a "striker" played in stead of Doyle, with no real chances to speak of, what difference would he have made?

Steady, outnumbered at times, the wrong decision at times. Although he didn't play badly, it was possibly his worst game of the season so far. Roberts slight injury hampered the support he needed at crucial times.

#10 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 23 August 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Bonny mate, I've got a lot of respect for you, but this is getting pretty boring, I can't work out if it's a wind up?
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#11 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

He was poor. Not so much on missed chances but he doesn't figure in the build up. We had nobody leading the attack. Felt sorry for him when he was moved wide though. We desperately need a forward but we all know that!

#12 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 23 August 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

Bonny mate, I've got a lot of respect for you, but this is getting pretty boring, I can't work out if it's a wind up?

Its not a wind up its based on facts our front 4 are all very good footballers but they dont score enough and its going to be a problem in the long run,we rarely finish a team off we even allowed rochdale a penalty ( wasnt a penalty in my opinion) and they were dominated outclassed and we only got 2 penalties,we simply cannot expect the back 6 to keep up such high standards if the front 4 are failing to deliver they have gone 3 league games without a real goal.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#13 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

:rolleyes: Usual,outmuscled on many occasions.When he makes himself a yard of space he does better.But just can't get on the end of the quality crosses that Roberts and Jones put in the box.When we find somebody who can we'll be formidable. :wacko:
Many a good tune

#14 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 23 August 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

Played well, dominated most of the game, lee had very little to do apart from one routine save. Proctor should have been sent off for them in the first half, it took the third bad challenge before he was booked, he did it again and the ref just had a word with him, he bottled the sending off.
Lots of chances but no one to put them away. Armands new hairstyle appears to have prevented him jumping off the floor for headers.
Today was 2 points lost, but in fairness I would have taken a point before the game.
As we all know, if we get someone to finish the chances we are creating this season could get very interesting.
I would like to see if Dan Gardner when fully fit can score some goals. Gary Roberts stated to look tired in the second half.
Jones gets better every game, defence looking confident.
Fans were quieter than usual today
I was interviewed by Spireite player outside the Chippy, I was asked to predict the score and got that wrong , then was asked what I thought of Fleetwood, managed to stop myself swearing. With a face for radio I am sure my interview will end up on the cutting room floor

Routine save !! good god man it was going like a missile, unbelievable save.
God I hate this league.

#15 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 August 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

He said himself it was routine on Peak

Modesty to some extent, but unbelievable?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#16 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 24 August 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

Its not a wind up its based on facts our front 4 are all very good footballers but they dont score enough and its going to be a problem in the long run,we rarely finish a team off we even allowed rochdale a penalty ( wasnt a penalty in my opinion) and they were dominated outclassed and we only got 2 penalties,we simply cannot expect the back 6 to keep up such high standards if the front 4 are failing to deliver they have gone 3 league games without a real goal.

For what it's worth I agree with you Bonny. A new striker may help (just depends on how good he is and considering what we can afford I've got a few doubts), but the four should be playing better balls in to create good chances and they also need to score goals. Playing with one striker isn't about the striker scoring 30 goals; it's about the attacking four scoring 10+ apiece and creating for each other. They aren't doing it and despite keeping the ball really well and passing it about making the opposition look mugs, they don't make them look mugs where it counts. Just look at the league table... Lowest scorers in the top half and only four teams have scored less in the whole division and half of our goals have come from the spot. Now Doyle is either missing sitters (and when I say sitters and mean...) or our attacking players aren't creating the right openings; and playing with a front four they don't just create for Doyle, they create for each other... So why aren't they scoring?? I'm not so sure it's a case of just blaming Doyle here, like most seem to be doing. After all, we take Doyle’s goals out and we'd be the worst scorers in the league and have only a single goal from a defender!

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving watching the team play (and that includes every single player as they are really pleasing on the eye and great to watch); BUT... Cook is going to have to change it if things carry on like this and bring in Banks or Gardner or both. It can't carry on that's for sure, they need to find a way of opening teams up and scoring goals or they risk being dropped). Think about it logically... We are playing fantastic football and our confidence is high, though struggling to score, so what’s it going to be like when our confidence and football isn’t very good? Okay, it’s early days yet and the front four may find a way of being more ruthless... but if they don’t it has to be shaken up, even if that means the football isn’t so pleasing on the eye.
#notapennymore

#17 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 August 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

Routine, as it was hit straight at him.

This post has been edited by Benno Spire: 24 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Have passport will travel

#18 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 24 August 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

After all, we take Doyle’s goals out and we'd be the worst scorers in the league and have only a single goal from a defender!

Boco scored against orient
Here we go again!

#19 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

View Postazul, on 24 August 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

He said himself it was routine on Peak

Modesty to some extent, but unbelievable?

It was a cracking save but what about his flapping moment again when he dropped a corner ,although Nanndo may have hampered him a bit.
lindave

#20 User is online   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

View Postnot_the_freak, on 24 August 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

Boco scored against orient

Don't go letting the facts get in the way!! :windup
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users