Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Impact Of Covid-19, Barnet Fc - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Impact Of Covid-19, Barnet Fc

#81 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:35 PM

View Postazul, on 22 March 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

The powers in the darkness will be rubbing their hands with glee at the draconian measures they’ll be able to implement

Well if that is the case the rough and ready are making their job easier.
Just to add an edit... why are they draconian measures is most of civilised Europe is going to be adding them soon, if they arnt already?
As mentioned on other threads the sooner we all realise this isn't a class or political thing and that we really are all at risk the better.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 22 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#82 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:44 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 22 March 2020 - 09:35 PM, said:

Just to add an edit... why are they draconian measures is most of civilised Europe is going to be adding them soon, if they arnt already?
As mentioned on other threads the sooner we all realise this isn't a class or political thing and that we really are all at risk the better.

I’m sure all countries are looking at how authoritarian countries like China handled the spread. It’s not the introduction of these measures, it’s the relinquishing of them that really matters
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#83 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:48 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 22 March 2020 - 09:35 PM, said:

i see in a recent poll 25% of 25 to 35 year olds see little need for social distancing. I wonder if the couple of sceptics we had on here last week (it’s flu, like we have every year) are in this group?

#84 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:53 PM

The powers in the darkness will be rubbing their hands with glee at the draconian measures they’ll be able to implement

Sometimes you talk sense, sometimes you are (slightly) funny, but more often than not you talk sh 1 te. Do you believe any government ever would want to preside over this or restrict freedom of movement and choice - especially a tory one? Rubbish from start to finish, and to think I thought I read something about you having a decent job / being comfortable. Guess it can happen to anyone...

This post has been edited by isleaiw1: 22 March 2020 - 09:54 PM

Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#85 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:57 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 22 March 2020 - 09:53 PM, said:

Sometimes you talk sense, sometimes you are (slightly) funny, but more often than not you talk sh 1 te. Do you believe any government ever would want to preside over this or restrict freedom of movement and choice - especially a tory one? Rubbish from start to finish, and to think I thought I read something about you having a decent job / being comfortable. Guess it can happen to anyone...

Nice debating skills

#86 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:01 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 22 March 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

i see in a recent poll 25% of 25 to 35 year olds see little need for social distancing. I wonder if the couple of sceptics we had on here last week (it’s flu, like we have every year) are in this group?

I guess they are keeping their heads down now

This post has been edited by azul: 22 March 2020 - 10:01 PM

#87 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:29 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 22 March 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

Thanks - that is what I am putting forward but a couple on the exec more senior than me see it as an opportune moment to get a flexibility they could never otherwise get. Might be getting company to pay for legal advice they dont want as allowed by my contract (which will of course mean I am top of the list to have contract terminated but despite some suggesting otherwise on here I was brought up a miners son and still believe in right versus wrong...)

With pleasure, If we have a hotel nearby I will sort it tonight. For free.

What hotel chain is it you work for out of interest? Don’t answer if you can’t / don’t want too just I know of a couple of friends in the industry who are struggling likewise with hotels based up here. Like many B2C industries that are reliant upon footfall it’s going to be a tricky few months sadly.

#88 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:32 PM

View Postazul, on 22 March 2020 - 07:57 PM, said:

Fat, middle aged, middle class bikers enjoying there cream teas

https://mobile.twitt...4924544/photo/1

I’m afraid that spineless ‘ Boris De Pfaffel’ needs to take unpopular action now, well at least 3 weeks ago actually

Here is the story about the paramedic evicted because he might work with Coronavirus

https://www.theguard...spread-covid-19

Lol how is the the governments fault? If people listened we’d be ok and not need a lock down. You can take a horse to water...

People are thick and selfish. And they’ll be the first ones moaning about a lockdown, like they were the first ones moaning about pubs whilst joining the “one last pint brigade” on Friday night. Thick as mince

#89 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:41 PM

View PostCFC91, on 22 March 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

Lol how is the the governments fault? If people listened we’d be ok and not need a lock down. You can take a horse to water...

People are thick and selfish. And they’ll be the first ones moaning about a lockdown, like they were the first ones moaning about pubs whilst joining the “one last pint brigade” on Friday night. Thick as mince

Because they are weak and dithering. Obviously the publicans agree because they think they’ll get away with it until they are forced by the law.

#90 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2020 - 11:12 PM

View Postdtp, on 22 March 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

I've not seen the story but agree that is a disgusting story and the landlady in question should be named and shamed.

Then we have Derbyshire Police twittering about people in Matlock Bath treating today like a Bank Holiday as it's so busy along with Ian Evatt stating that as a nation he is ashamed at the selfish stockpiling and blatant disregard for public advice as he posts a photograph of the queues outside Chesterfield Tesco this morning.

Yesterday, we had Snowdonia having more visitors than any other day on record, seaside resorts like Skegness packed and with cafes open, similarly Brighton and others.

What's wrong with people??? No doubt these will be the first in line in blaming the government and authorities if they lose a loved one.

Ian Evatt? Tesco? You know what that means....
These go to eleven.

#91 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 22 March 2020 - 11:55 PM

News from here in Italy:

March 21 - 6557 new cases and 793 deaths.

March 22 - 5560 new cases and 651 deaths. This is the first day since the lockdown that cases and deaths have fallen. However, this does not include data for the number of tests done on a daily basis.

Among the deaths: 34-year-old man in Rome with no existing health conditions.

We consider it far from over and fully expect the lockdown to be extended from April 3rd as that is the start of the Easter holiday period. It's a tragedy that so many don't see this for what it really is.

#92 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:11 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 22 March 2020 - 11:55 PM, said:

News from here in Italy:

March 21 - 6557 new cases and 793 deaths.

March 22 - 5560 new cases and 651 deaths. This is the first day since the lockdown that cases and deaths have fallen. However, this does not include data for the number of tests done on a daily basis.

Among the deaths: 34-year-old man in Rome with no existing health conditions.

We consider it far from over and fully expect the lockdown to be extended from April 3rd as that is the start of the Easter holiday period. It's a tragedy that so many don't see this for what it really is.

At what point was the whole country locked down? Two weeks ago?

I see an 18 year old died over here albeit with underlying conditions - wonder if that'll give some millenials pause for thought?

#93 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:34 AM

I don't believe anyone will do anything like that with 'glee'.

Today might be a good day to cut the grass once I've answered any emails I've been sent and been on a team meeting on Zoom.

#94 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:01 AM

View PostCFC91, on 22 March 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

Thick, selfish folk not listening to experts. Who'd have thought that'd ever happen, eh?

You can't absolve a government that's seen what's happened in China, Italy and Spain yet has still lagged behind so many other countries in closing down society, though.

Especially when it's spent years telling folk to ignore such experts.

As for the class thing, there's growing resentment at wealthy Londoners heading out to their holiday homes thereby increasing the risk of infection.

And putting unnecessary pressure on rural health services.

Being thick and selfish isn't confined to the Skeggy mobilty mob...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#95 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:26 AM

View Postazul, on 23 March 2020 - 12:11 AM, said:

At what point was the whole country locked down? Two weeks ago?

I see an 18 year old died over here albeit with underlying conditions - wonder if that'll give some millenials pause for thought?

Probably not as millennials are all over 18 by this point

#96 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:40 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 March 2020 - 06:34 AM, said:

I don't believe anyone will do anything like that with 'glee'.

Today might be a good day to cut the grass once I've answered any emails I've been sent and been on a team meeting on Zoom.

Dom Cummings, Priti Patel, Ready for Rabb.................

#97 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:40 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 22 March 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

Let's assume that these people don't care if they catch it as it's overwhelmingly likely to be a mild infection.

Then either :-
they have no extended family or that family is not in this country or they don't care about them

and/or
they want to contract it before the number of cases reaches an unmanageable peak as that maximises their chances of making a full recovery and being able to resume work quicker.

Any imminent government action needs to address those particular problems.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#98 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:42 AM

View PostGoku, on 23 March 2020 - 07:26 AM, said:

Probably not as millennials are all over 18 by this point

I assume you are a millennial so you should know

#99 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:55 AM

View Postazul, on 23 March 2020 - 07:42 AM, said:

I assume you are a millennial so you should know

Correct! But I’m taking it seriously, seems to be the old Matlock bikers who stink of **** who aren’t. And all the videos of folk hoarding toilet paper online seem to be of people who are getting on a bit

This post has been edited by Goku: 23 March 2020 - 08:15 AM

#100 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:20 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 23 March 2020 - 07:01 AM, said:

Thick, selfish folk not listening to experts. Who'd have thought that'd ever happen, eh?

You can't absolve a government that's seen what's happened in China, Italy and Spain yet has still lagged behind so many other countries in closing down society, though.

Especially when it's spent years telling folk to ignore such experts.

As for the class thing, there's growing resentment at wealthy Londoners heading out to their holiday homes thereby increasing the risk of infection.

And putting unnecessary pressure on rural health services.

Being thick and selfish isn't confined to the Skeggy mobilty mob...

Reading between the lines of what you are saying, Chris, this isn't a class thing is it?

This is simply a case of people of whatever so called "class" ignoring advice given.

For me, I don't understand people of whatever class showing a total disregard for the advice given by both the government and the experts who appear in the media with a frequency. I don't understand people that will only do what's required if they are forced to rather than when they are strongly advised to do what's requested. Should it really be necessary to introduce laws which limits our freedom for what might be a relatively short period of time and then to use up resources applying those laws when those same resources could be used in a more beneficial way to the good of those people that are complying with the advices being given by both the government and the various experts? People like me and thee I suggest?

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users