Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Crewe Match Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crewe Match Thread

#181 Guest_NOKIN_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 04 October 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

If you'd care to re-read my post, I actually asked if the criticism was over the top or uncalled for and then stated if it wasn't he needs sitting down and given a talking to.
I'd actually say, though, that even if the criticism is out of line, he should not be shouting expletives to the crowd who firstly help pay his wages and secondly contain impressionable youngsters who grow up thinking similar behaviour is acceptable.

Perhaps just me that thinks that's not acceptable.

You're being hypocritical if you don't mind me saying. Are the impressionable youngsters immune from the rantings of the loud mouth penises hurling abuse at him from the stands. Secondly fans don't pay players wages, the club does from income it generates. Fans pay money to watch football and that's where it ends.

Anyone (not saying you did) who hurls abuse at players then cries when they get some back is a mardbottom. If you can't take it, you shouldn't give it.

#182 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostNOKIN, on 04 October 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

You're being hypocritical if you don't mind me saying. Are the impressionable youngsters immune from the rantings of the loud mouth penises hurling abuse at him from the stands. Secondly fans don't pay players wages, the club does from income it generates. Fans pay money to watch football and that's where it ends.

Anyone (not saying you did) who hurls abuse at players then cries when they get some back is a mardbottom. If you can't take it, you shouldn't give it.

I don't mind you saying anything Nokin.

Football without fans is nothing, in a business sense, so they effectively do pay the wages, albeit indirectly.

I most certainly wasn't one of those barracking O'Neill yesterday and I'm not saying I condone it. I can't as I didnt hear it personally, I'm just going off what others have said regarding O'Neills reaction.
I do, however, stand by the fact that professional footballers should not be shouting expletives at the crowd. Every profession has some sort of code of conduct and I would have thought as a pro footballer, swearing at the fans fell outside that code. Kids don't go to the game to watch the clowns that get drunk and embarrass themselves, they go to watch their heroes and I'd hope the players would set an example for the youngsters to follow. Just my opinion.

#183 Guest_NOKIN_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 04 October 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Football without fans is nothing, in a business sense, so they effectively do pay the wages, albeit indirectly.

I most certainly wasn't one of those barracking O'Neill yesterday and I'm not saying I condone it. I can't as I didnt hear it personally, I'm just going off what others have said regarding O'Neills reaction.
I do, however, stand by the fact that professional footballers should not be shouting expletives at the crowd. Every profession has some sort of code of conduct and I would have thought as a pro footballer, swearing at the fans fell outside that code. Kids don't go to the game to watch the clowns that get drunk and embarrass themselves, they go to watch their heroes and I'd hope the players would set an example for the youngsters to follow. Just my opinion.

You obviously did mind lol.

We will agree to disagree I think. Paying to watch a football match doesn't give anyone the right to hurl abuse at players. Anyone caught doing so should be kicked out. Like you said, impressionable young kids go and they don't need to witness that. I would hazard a guess that if the player wasn't being verbally abused there would not have been a reaction.

If a customer of mine spoke to me like that he would no longer be a customer. Paying for a service doesn't give anyone the right to verbally abuse people. His reaction was wrong if what you say is true as he lowers himself to their scummy standards. But if they give it and cry if they get it back they are the lowest form of football fan.

Remember the Glynn Hurst 2 fingered salute? People were demanding he should be sacked. The same people I heard screaming to him he was a useless c**t.

#184 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostNOKIN, on 04 October 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

We will agree to disagree I think. Paying to watch a football match doesn't give anyone the right to hurl abuse at players. Anyone caught doing so should be kicked out. Like you said, impressionable young kids go and they don't need to witness that. I would hazard a guess that if the player wasn't being verbally abused there would not have been a reaction.

If a customer of mine spoke to me like that he would no longer be a customer. Paying for a service doesn't give anyone the right to verbally abuse people. His reaction was wrong if what you say is true as he lowers himself to their scummy standards. But if they give it and cry if they get it back they are the lowest form of football fan.

Remember the Glynn Hurst 2 fingered salute? People were demanding he should be sacked. The same people I heard screaming to him he was a useless c**t.

We can leave it there I think Nokin. I always value your posts as you come across as a reasoned and intelligent poster. Well, for a town fan anyway.

I do not for one second think hurling abuse at the players is acceptable, I simply think that players should not be swearing at the supporters, if this is what took place. It is totally wrong and extremely unprofessional. You make yourself as bad as the morons.

#185 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 04 October 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

We can leave it there I think Nokin. I always value your posts as you come across as a reasoned and intelligent poster. Well, for a town fan anyway.

I do not for one second think hurling abuse at the players is acceptable, I simply think that players should not be swearing at the supporters, if this is what took place. It is totally wrong and extremely unprofessional. You make yourself as bad as the morons.

If O'Neill isn't a full back and was just filling in, then he must have the patience of a saint, because he was getting roasted from both sides, the winger and the crowd. If he'd snapped earlier he could hardly be blamed.
On the same subject, the level of obscene chanting and abuse was appalling. I don't lead a sheltered existence, and sit on the Kop every game, but the stuff being bawled at the tops of dozens of voices made me ashamed to be a CFC fan. Apart from the sheer obscenity, the total lack of any kind of imagination in finding chants is what grates. Is there a brain cell between the lot of them?

#186 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostNOKIN, on 04 October 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

I don't think he's condoning any abuse from the crowd Mark; merely stating that players ought not respond with foul mouthed retorts of their own. A perfectly reasonable standpoint.

#187 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 04 October 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

I don't think he's condoning any abuse from the crowd Mark; merely stating that players ought not respond with foul mouthed retorts of their own. A perfectly reasonable standpoint.

in fairness to oneil it was a quick 'f'off' aimed back directly at the one main abuser at the front of the stand, not a general torrent at the town fans in general.

#188 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 04 October 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

in fairness to oneil it was a quick 'f'off' aimed back directly at the one main abuser at the front of the stand, not a general torrent at the town fans in general.

Probably the least they deserved.

#189 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 04 October 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

Perhaps I didn't come across quite how I intened but you've summarised my view perfectly in a dozen or so words.

#190 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:02 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 04 October 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

God I hate this league.

#191 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:05 PM

Take away the football in this and you basically have moronic half wits screaming untold foul mouthed abuse.

They then cry like babies because the recipient turns round and gives them similar back.

Shame on the prats.
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users