Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Maidenhead Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Maidenhead Thread

#41 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2024 - 03:01 PM

Don’t think it’s been mentioned on here but crowd announced as a new stadium record….10,108 I think it was.

#42 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 20 April 2024 - 03:09 PM

Tweet from an Oldham fan….alls well I see!!

“Norwood booed off, laughed, didn’t make eye contact with Mellon then told an old man in main stand upper to f*** off.

He won’t be here next season 😂”

#43 User is offline   erniemossity 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Beer, town, decent boozers

Posted 20 April 2024 - 03:13 PM

View PostJonB, on 20 April 2024 - 03:01 PM, said:

Don't think it's been mentioned on here but crowd announced as a new stadium record….10,108 I think it was.

Aye, bit odd though. Far more empty spaces than the 9,800 odd a few weeks ago. Both blocks on the ends of the East stand had loads of spare seats. I know several folk couldn’t make it today, and lots of tickets being offered on social media. Surprised to hear it announced as a record.

#44 User is offline   FORZA AZZURRI 

• World Champions 1934*1938** 1982***2006****
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2024 - 03:26 PM

erniemossity, on 20 April 2024 - 03:13 PM, said:

Aye, bit odd though. Far more empty spaces than the 9,800 odd a few weeks ago. Both blocks on the ends of the East stand had loads of spare seats. I know several folk couldn’t make it today, and lots of tickets being offered on social media. Surprised to hear it announced as a record.

Tickets sold rather that attended.
World Champions 1934 1938 1982 2006 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Euro Champions 1968” 2020”

#45 User is offline   Spireiteranger 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 20 April 2024 - 03:29 PM

JonB, on 20 April 2024 - 03:01 PM, said:

Don’t think it’s been mentioned on here but crowd announced as a new stadium record….10,108 I think it was.

Not much has been mentioned on here cos we won.
Guarantee if we’d lost this thread would be at least 70 posts by now …..

#46 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 20 April 2024 - 03:33 PM

2 soft goals again poor header to clear out and poor punch by Tyrer for 2nd goal. Cooke knows the defence must be sorted out and he'll bring in quality, don't think Frecks. is the answer at fullback. Great season .
lindave

#47 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 20 April 2024 - 03:37 PM

JonB, on 20 April 2024 - 03:09 PM, said:

Tweet from an Oldham fan….alls well I see!!

“Norwood booed off, laughed, didn’t make eye contact with Mellon then told an old man in main stand upper to f*** off.

He won’t be here next season ��”

Just sums them up..
The ‘billy big bolax’ of the league celebrating a lucky draw at our place like they’d won the World Cup.
That same clown saying ‘champions’ on social media.
Horrible set of ‘fans’ the exact of Maidenhead today whose some fans stopped to watch the presentation and joined in with the applause ( pure class, hope they have a stormer next year )
As for Oldham, may they rot in the national league for many seasons…

This post has been edited by Blue roan lily: 20 April 2024 - 03:37 PM

#48 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2024 - 03:43 PM

Got to respect those Maidenhead supporters today, proper fans. I hope Devonshire gets a bit of support in the transfer market this summer and they finally get permission for a new ground. Probably the best support I’ve seen since Luton up at Saltergate.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#49 User is offline   BreadNoButter 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2024 - 03:45 PM

lindave, on 20 April 2024 - 03:33 PM, said:

2 soft goals again poor header to clear out and poor punch by Tyrer for 2nd goal. Cooke knows the defence must be sorted out and he'll bring in quality, don't think Frecks. is the answer at fullback. Great season .

I thought he was best player on pitch first half, fantastic up and down that left wing

#50 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:07 PM

My MOTM was Jacobs by a distance,maybe two poor passes all game,some excellent balls across the goalmouth,popping up everywhere like Mike Jones.Felt he had moved up a gear in preparation for EFL2?
Once again slow out of the traps for second half,thought Grigg would have had at least a hat trick today with all the missed chances.Made a big difference with Dobs not keep losing the ball,seemed to be passing more than holding and losing.
Still trying to place shots rather than putting their laces through and putting the keeper in the back of the net with the ball.Whatever peoples opinions on Tyrer,that last minute save was world class,and he is still young for a keeper.IMO of course.

#51 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:13 PM

HaslandBlue58, on 20 April 2024 - 04:07 PM, said:

My MOTM was Jacobs by a distance,maybe two poor passes all game,some excellent balls across the goalmouth,popping up everywhere like Mike Jones.Felt he had moved up a gear in preparation for EFL2?
Once again slow out of the traps for second half,thought Grigg would have had at least a hat trick today with all the missed chances.Made a big difference with Dobs not keep losing the ball,seemed to be passing more than holding and losing.
Still trying to place shots rather than putting their laces through and putting the keeper in the back of the net with the ball.Whatever peoples opinions on Tyrer,that last minute save was world class,and he is still young for a keeper.IMO of course.

Jacobs was excellent first half certainly, in the way he played he showed quite a lot of leadership.
The start to the second half was ridiculous, there's been talk on here about individual errors but it all stemmed from us being slow and ponderous and playing it around the back with no purpose from the start of the half. They did though pick it up after that so fair play for that.
I was right behind Tyrer's save. Best save I've seen in the flesh all season. Absolutely superb.

#52 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:15 PM

Has Ollie banks signed for next season yet ,he's scored some belters from distance ,hope gets signed,love the way dobs picks up in our half and drives forward ,well done all lads and cookie .

#53 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:26 PM

Linked with Donny?

#54 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:31 PM

Hope not andy

#55 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:31 PM

trickytrevsfanclub, on 20 April 2024 - 02:50 PM, said:

I don’t think CPS actually reads the board, he just comments on it, or all the nuances and in jokes just go over his head.

Explain the in joke love?

#56 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:35 PM

tomjoad, on 20 April 2024 - 04:26 PM, said:

Linked with Donny?

Who is?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#57 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:36 PM

Usual shooting yourself in the foot defending, but we deserved the win, although Maidenhead weren't shy about getting forward. Their supporters were, overall, a credit to the club. I couldn't imagine the Oldham fans staying behind to become part of our celebrations. I would like to see Maidenhead doing well next season because they play the game the right way.
I've not looked, but I hope it's right what I've been told, that Boring Crud have been relegated.

#58 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:44 PM

Osborne again, on 20 April 2024 - 04:36 PM, said:

Usual shooting yourself in the foot defending, but we deserved the win, although Maidenhead weren't shy about getting forward. Their supporters were, overall, a credit to the club. I couldn't imagine the Oldham fans staying behind to become part of our celebrations. I would like to see Maidenhead doing well next season because they play the game the right way.
I've not looked, but I hope it's right what I've been told, that Boring Crud have been relegated.

Yes Boreham are down.
What a turnaround from last year when they should have beat County in the play offs semi final.

#59 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:45 PM

warfey is a spireite, on 20 April 2024 - 04:15 PM, said:

Has Ollie banks signed for next season yet ,he's scored some belters from distance ,hope gets signed,love the way dobs picks up in our half and drives forward ,well done all lads and cookie .

I've not heard anything to say he has, but I'd be very surprised if he's not offered another year.
As for Dobra, he's a young kid who has learnt a lot while he's been here, although he has some way to go yet. He could be our first multi-million pound sale in a couple of seasons from now.

#60 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 April 2024 - 04:57 PM

Reiterate all the positives posted, nuff said about their goals. Some of our football was sublime today.
Good to see a plan come to fruition. Before the game, when all players had finished their warm up and gone back to the dressing room. Ollie was practicing low half volleys from distance, invariably hitting the back of the net.just like his goal.
Oh, and why didn’t firstly Dobra then Naylor try their luck from distance when their keeper was hopelessly out of position? The former tried to dribble, and lost out, and Naylor chose to pass to one of two of our attackers who were clearly offside. See the Fernandes goal v Liverpool chaps.

Overall, great season, good to be back where we belong. Bet Leicester wish they’d secured promotion with 5 games to go, especially as they were matching us as runaway leaders earlier in the season.

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users