• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We Won One!!!

#1 User is offline   Spitfire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football,love to read,like being in my garden,and as my profile picture and name suggests,i love aircraft and the RAF,especially the beautiful Spitfire.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:13 PM

Did'nt go and we win,well hopefully this is the start of our comeback.
One thing,do you think that Denton coming back,with his aerial defending was a coincidence with keeping a clean sheet,or paramount?

#2 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:20 PM

Do you know....whatever your current stance.....we bleed Blue and White....good to see OUR team win

#3 User is offline   Spireiteboy155 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

Really thought this was Walton’s latest effort.

#4 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:28 PM

Another fault with the message board I take it?

This thread must be a fault.

Surely.

#5 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

any comments on performances for those who were there? did denton help?

#6 User is offline   Chewy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:40 PM

Laurence played very well, half decent on the ball defended OK. Denton n Boden worked very hard.. Denton won 90% of his tussles. First game of the season for me n had to listen to Warfey talking tripe. We so need some energy n ability in the central midfield. Up top we are more than fine.

#7 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:42 PM

Better game from Evans today playing central defence
Have passport will travel

#8 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:42 PM

View PostSpitfire, on 14 September 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

Did'nt go and we win,well hopefully this is the start of our comeback.
One thing,do you think that Denton coming back,with his aerial defending was a coincidence with keeping a clean sheet,or paramount?

Yes I thought Denton made a big difference. We look a lot better side with him in it. Thought Evans and Hollis looked a lot better without Gerrard. Evans confidence looked a lot better and played like he did last season. Torquay were quite a skilful side but rarely threatened apart from the very early chance in the first half which they should have scored. A wins a win though so hopefully this is the start of a winning run..

#9 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:49 PM

Thought all the team played well today. The stand out players for me were Maguire and Weston. Weston had his best game for us today. More of the same please. Please please no more Gerrard.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#10 User is offline   Younger 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything blue

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:13 PM

Hmmm. Weston had his best game? He nearly gifted them 2 1 on ones with loose passing after a couple of neat passes. The story of our season from our CMs. On a positive one, I believe Denton won us the game as half predicted before the game. When he’s up top, he either wins everything, gives a foul away (poor refereeing) or allows it to bounce in behind. You can see any defender cacks themselves against him. Boden looked lively with him, Mandy looked lively, all of the attacking players will benefit from Denton for that 2nd ball. We clearly will not keep the ball or control games with our midfield which is the worst in history but with A couple of additions and Denton to ping it 2, we should climb up the table.
Never put a Scab in your mouth, Its just dirty

#11 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:18 PM

Big result. I went to the matlock game and regretted come 4.45 which is a good sign.

#12 User is offline   Younger 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:19 PM

View PostBlue roan lily, on 14 September 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

Yes I thought Denton made a big difference. We look a lot better side with him in it. Thought Evans and Hollis looked a lot better without Gerrard. Evans confidence looked a lot better and played like he did last season. Torquay were quite a skilful side but rarely threatened apart from the very early chance in the first half which they should have scored. A wins a win though so hopefully this is the start of a winning run..

To add, Hollis, who I rate very poorly, purely due to his footballing ability looked better because that one sling forward pass he has in his locker will every now and then have Denton on the end of it Is. Yarney is a baller compared and if there was ever a 2 he’d be in it all day with Evans

#13 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:21 PM

View PostYounger, on 14 September 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

To add, Hollis, who I rate very poorly, purely due to his footballing ability looked better because that one sling forward pass he has in his locker will every now and then have Denton on the end of it Is. Yarney is a baller compared and if there was ever a 2 he’d be in it all day with Evans

I actually thought Hollis was MoM today and second half particularly he showed some nice touches.
East stand second class citizen.

#14 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:30 PM

View Postfishini, on 14 September 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Thought all the team played well today. The stand out players for me were Maguire and Weston. Weston had his best game for us today. More of the same please. Please please no more Gerrard.

Maguire, Evans and Boden had good games. In terms of Boden, I thought he had his best game of the season (based on home games) and I put that down to Denton's involvement.

#15 User is offline   Younger 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:37 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 14 September 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

I actually thought Hollis was MoM today and second half particularly he showed some nice touches.

MoM though?

Agreed better but he plays that ball every time. With Hollis, it’s a pressurised nervy kick forward, most of the time to no one and we give away possession. Very frustrating although people wanting the ball in midfield would help

MoM though?

Agreed better but he plays that ball every time. With Hollis, it’s a pressurised nervy kick forward, most of the time to no one and we give away possession. Very frustrating although people wanting the ball in midfield would help

#16 User is offline   SpireiTed 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:22 PM

Denton was my m.o.m great defending corners and won nearly every header up front which Boden seemed to anticipate better.

#17 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:51 PM

That’s going too far, but from a number of aimless boots he didn’t do too much wrong - probably helped that he had McGuire rather than McGlashan Ahmed of mim

Denton made the difference, one of the few who van find a blue shirt on a regular basis. Shame for Fondop though.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#18 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:29 PM

Evans last ditchec tackle when their player broke through near the end was awesome, saved the points, in a hard earned victory against a decent side

#19 User is offline   Spitfire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football,love to read,like being in my garden,and as my profile picture and name suggests,i love aircraft and the RAF,especially the beautiful Spitfire.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:41 PM

Cheers guys,i asked the Denton question because i read elsewhere he did make a difference,just wondered having not being there today,what folks that was,thought.

#20 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:43 PM

What this game showed is that all we need to do in this League is to get the ball up to Denton and get Boden and Fondop running off him. Denton brought Boden back to life, and they can destroy defences in this League. Contrary to what some post on here, Denton is far more than a lamp post to aim for - as well as winning the ball in the air, he is also good at bringing it down and laying it off accurately, finding a team-mate almost every time. He won that game for us, and will do so again.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users